Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Completely disagree. I agree 100% this cannot be a wait and see year, not with Girls DA around the corner. ECNL at this club has not done anything but go backwards in the last 3 years. Fault of the board & also a product of having the wrong people in charge. JZ is a nice guy but even he has to know this job deserves someone with more experience. He has to know a change is coming. The only chance he has to stay as the director is if they hire from within the 2 clubs. If anyone and I mean anyone from the outside comes in with any true knowledge of soccer on a national level, he's out. Sorry to be Debbie downer here but this is the one position at this club that cannot fail in the 1st year of the merger with the girls DA a year away.
    We don't even know if we will get DA for girls in 16-17. We may have to prove ourselves.

Comment

We don't even know if we will get DA for girls in 16-17. We may have to prove ourselves.
      Exactly!

Comment

Don't agree with that as there are college & HS coaches involved in this league all across the country. And at very successful clubs in the league. Wouldn't it make sense to use them as resources in the recruitment process. As established coaches wouldn't their network of coaches be on a larger scale? TBU sure does well each year with players committing to college & they have quite a few college coaches working in their programs on both sides. I'm not TBU but I do respect the consistency they have with strong commitments. It's all about time and making sure players are in a consistent training program. Aren't all the showcases after the college season? High school no but college season yes. If a college or HS coach is better than your current product and can bring in top players to your program you are foolish not to use them.
        This mentality is the exact reason why this club is the worst ECNL club in Florida. Run by mommy and daddy board and daddy coaches.
        And your foolish to think a college coach during the fall will meet the out of town travel ECNL schedule over their college team- hey TBU this ain't fill a sub coach anymore, and the season doesn't begin in November. The majority of the season is aug- October . That's why they shouldn't be the primary coach- no one says they aren't value - but pull your head out of your 4th point of contact, the merger is good for the area - but but its way bigger than your little fish bowl your club currently swims in besides your 1 national league team.

Comment

And your foolish to think a college coach during the fall will meet the out of town travel ECNL schedule over their college team- hey TBU this ain't fill a sub coach anymore, and the season doesn't begin in November. The majority of the season is aug- October . That's why they shouldn't be the primary coach- no one says they aren't value - but pull your head out of your 4th point of contact, the merger is good for the area - but but its way bigger than your little fish bowl your club currently swims in besides your 1 national league team.
          I would take any girls coach at TBU over WFF coaches right now. College coaches don't have to coach but to not be a part of it is not wise. One college has already said he is done with youth soccer. So it leaves a few others and every one of this brings strong value. Perhaps your structure of how the league is handled should be evaluated. It's obviously not working the way things are now with coaches having their own teams.

Comment

funny

From what I hear. All candidates need to interview. They will not all interview by Friday. In fact, only 1 has interviewed(obv im not counting internal as they are a joke compared to the resumes that have been received). The committee cant hire with out full board approval but they can come with 2-3 candidates for the full board to consider. The committee will have a lot of say as they will carve out the candidates but the full board will vote on it. That I assure you.
            So you are saying the full board has the knowledge to pick the right person. The WFF board has been the problem all along running everything like a rec club. You are saying that GM SP JQ, Mf, KH actually know soccer. What a joke. They may do fine with the facility issues but picking a soccer pro....look who they have blamed in the past. RB cannot cut it, DV cannot cut it. No it is a few bad board members. No now it is BL and the english that are the problem and now who is to blame. Same few board members through the whole process.

Comment

So you are saying the full board has the knowledge to pick the right person. The WFF board has been the problem all along running everything like a rec club. You are saying that GM SP JQ, Mf, KH actually know soccer. What a joke. They may do fine with the facility issues but picking a soccer pro....look who they have blamed in the past. RB cannot cut it, DV cannot cut it. No it is a few bad board members. No now it is BL and the english that are the problem and now who is to blame. Same few board members through the whole process.
              This is what is wrong with youth sports. Parents who know nothing about the sport join a board to protect their kids. Those same people right now are looked at to make a decision that will effect 5-6,000 kids playing this game. And many of those same people won't even be on a board in 1-2 years. It's just sad. Why can't there be a board with no kids playing at the club? Are there any clubs like this is the USA? If so I bet they do well but are probably for profit organizations.

Comment

This is what is wrong with youth sports. Parents who know nothing about the sport join a board to protect their kids. Those same people right now are looked at to make a decision that will effect 5-6,000 kids playing this game. And many of those same people won't even be on a board in 1-2 years. It's just sad. Why can't there be a board with no kids playing at the club? Are there any clubs like this is the USA? If so I bet they do well but are probably for profit organizations.
                WFF, with it Daddy coach BOD, is for profit. Maybe they aren't paid a salary directly, but you are kidding yourself if you think their isn't real personal profit in joining the BOD.

Comment

I was on a board at a smaller Tampa bay area club for 2 years and it was an eye opening experience. It was extremely time consuming and I think this is what justified the absolute petty corruption that took place. I call it petty corruption because nobody was stealing money. It was tit for tat, I will take care of yours if you will take care of mine. My kid was an above average player but suddenly coaches treated her like a rock star. I quit in disgust.

Comment

Little fish bowl? What are you swimming in, a plastic bag with a fish at the fair? I am a Tampa Bay United parent and I can tell you this much, you have no idea the commitment level these coaches have for the players. Never has my daughters team in over 7 years been left with a coach who was not just as qualified as the current coach they have. Sure these coaches all have families and the ones that job juggle multiple jobs are as committed as anyone you have seen. This is the most ridiculous comment made. Only one good national league team is funny. For just having 1 good national league team at the club, over 65 female players verbally committing to college in the last 3 years must be luck? The 2016 class of players is remarkable, over 30 players and growing. Not just players on the 1 good national league team but all the teams within the club. For just swimming in a fish bowl this club has continued to out work your club in every area. Not to mention the continued number of kids leaving your ECNL palace to join the little fish bowl. Merging the clubs is smart as it will save you from losing kids. Those coaches you seem to say are not good enough for your program because of time certainly are kicking your butts and that is without ECNL structured showcases to assist in the recruiting process. That is why the best players do not play for you and if they do now they won't when they figure it out at U17. You have more players committed from your 2nd team at WFF in U18 than your ECNL team, how is that possible? Because players want to play for good coaches and if the best coaches are not used in your program the top kids won't play. Do you really think merging the clubs will force players to go play with a lower qualified coach just because of the ECNL title. Your answer is NO and it is a proven fact within your own club right now.

Comment

Little fish bowl? What are you swimming in, a plastic bag with a fish at the fair? I am a Tampa Bay United parent and I can tell you this much, you have no idea the commitment level these coaches have for the players. Never has my daughters team in over 7 years been left with a coach who was not just as qualified as the current coach they have. Sure these coaches all have families and the ones that job juggle multiple jobs are as committed as anyone you have seen. This is the most ridiculous comment made. Only one good national league team is funny. For just having 1 good national league team at the club, over 65 female players verbally committing to college in the last 3 years must be luck? The 2016 class of players is remarkable, over 30 players and growing. Not just players on the 1 good national league team but all the teams within the club. For just swimming in a fish bowl this club has continued to out work your club in every area. Not to mention the continued number of kids leaving your ECNL palace to join the little fish bowl. Merging the clubs is smart as it will save you from losing kids. Those coaches you seem to say are not good enough for your program because of time certainly are kicking your butts and that is without ECNL structured showcases to assist in the recruiting process. That is why the best players do not play for you and if they do now they won't when they figure it out at U17. You have more players committed from your 2nd team at WFF in U18 than your ECNL team, how is that possible? Because players want to play for good coaches and if the best coaches are not used in your program the top kids won't play. Do you really think merging the clubs will force players to go play with a lower qualified coach just because of the ECNL title. Your answer is NO and it is a proven fact within your own club right now.
                      Tough to respond to that. Well done & also accurate.

Comment

It's all "our club" now.

ECNL had 11 commitments, Elite had 7. Also many of your 2016 commits made their verbals while at WFF ECNL. Most of them in fact!

Comment

It's all "our club" now.

ECNL had 11 commitments, Elite had 7. Also many of your 2016 commits made their verbals while at WFF ECNL. Most of them in fact!
                          Can you list the 11 commitments from the ECNL team. I would like to send them in to get added to the list of Tampa area players. Are they posted anywhere?

Comment

Only given is there are 18 that will continue to chase there dreams- for others a reality check- let's hope the coaches make the right calls

Comment

It's all "our club" now.

Many meaning 2 players? 2 out of the 30 plus, wow. Question is why would those 2 leave the "best league in the country" in their final year before playing college soccer. Shouldn't your program be able to keep them in such a critical time of development. To be clear, the year leading up to playing college soccer players opted to leave? Just a question as I am very confused how this is possible. Speaks volumes as this age group should be the flagship of your program in year 4 if you are being honest. I am very confused.

Comment

Can you list the 11 commitments from the ECNL team. I would like to send them in to get added to the list of Tampa area players. Are they posted anywhere?
                                Now I'm curious. I want to see what playing in the ECNL will get you in terms of recruitment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X