Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The extra elite tournaments wont accept them since they won't have sufficient history or GotSoccer points.

I don't mean to keep throwing walls at you. Just showing that its easier said than done.
    Just use the gotsoccer account from the team with the most points as a starting point. Many clubs will, after the 1st team is accepted into a higher profile league like ECNL, FPL, R3PL, etc will create a new account and just pass the account down to the 2nd team and change the coach/roster. Then they qualify for the higher profile leagues as well.

Comment

Just use the gotsoccer account from the team with the most points as a starting point. Many clubs will, after the 1st team is accepted into a higher profile league like ECNL, FPL, R3PL, etc will create a new account and just pass the account down to the 2nd team and change the coach/roster. Then they qualify for the higher profile leagues as well.
      So which team will register that 1st team and relegate (so to speak) their own team to 0 points? That goes back to one of the first problems I mentioned. Then that club hold all the power. I know that sounds melo-dramatic, but it will get that way.

Comment

So which team will register that 1st team and relegate (so to speak) their own team to 0 points? That goes back to one of the first problems I mentioned. Then that club hold all the power. I know that sounds melo-dramatic, but it will get that way.
        It is a system problem. USYS needs to adapt and be open to new formations of elite teams thru joint affiliations. Or take the USYS ODP pools and form state region teams and put in NL and international venues.

Comment

Will anyone be a strong enough to compete with florida elite in state cup?

Comment

It is a system problem. USYS needs to adapt and be open to new formations of elite teams thru joint affiliations. Or take the USYS ODP pools and form state region teams and put in NL and international venues.
            Are you stupid? What you are describing is ECNL exactly except you seem to have some hang up with certain initialisms.

Comment

Points expire, you always have to rebuild the ranking. Then you get bonus points for beating almost every team because they have more points than you, and soon enough you are back where you were last year.

Comment

Will anyone be a strong enough to compete with florida elite in state cup?
                Compete, yes.
                Beat, not likely.
                That team is a solid team. They recruit well, train well, and it's my opinion that they are ruthless in managing gameday lineups/subs. If you aren't a starter, you probably won't play much. I think it's the reason they win so much. They have had so much success that a player may want to ride the bench for them rather than start for a slightly lower caliber team for the prestige, success, training and notoriety. But that defeats the purpose of playing....to actually play is the idea.

Comment

Points expire, you always have to rebuild the ranking. Then you get bonus points for beating almost every team because they have more points than you, and soon enough you are back where you were last year.
                  Unless you're in South Florida league, which is too cheap to pay GotSoccer to participate. Keep your club out of that league! When will someone step up and challenge their monopoly?

Comment

Compete, yes.
                    Beat, not likely.
                    That team is a solid team. They recruit well, train well, and it's my opinion that they are ruthless in managing gameday lineups/subs. If you aren't a starter, you probably won't play much. I think it's the reason they win so much. They have had so much success that a player may want to ride the bench for them rather than start for a slightly lower caliber team for the prestige, success, training and notoriety. But that defeats the purpose of playing....to actually play is the idea.
                    Players who do not start on a high end team can benefit. FESA trains hard 3 days a week with one of the most recognized coaches, Pickett. The bench players develop and grow, and earn their playing time. A player has to decide what they want, to stay or go elsewhere for more playing time. The U14 B team at FESA is coached by the notorious M T who is the head coach at Bolles. The A and B teams scrimmage once a week, and a B player is always striving to earn a place on the A team. At U15, the top team will need to add more players to carry a deeper roster to handle National League and girls being out for high school. If a player makes the A team at try-outs she may get to play with the team at Southern Regionals in SC.

Comment

Listen, I agree in the theory. And I would be up for making it happen. I just see it as a blow-up waiting to happen. Its easier said than done.

But also, there is nothing wrong with having multiple clubs. We can't keep consolidating talent. "Lets have a super team for the SE", "Lets have a super team for Tampa"......

Then with all those super teams, people are still going to say: "We should have a Florida super team instead of all these little super teams". Where does it end?

Isn't ODP, ID2 and other programs designed to be the state super teams?

I wouldn't mind a consolidated team, but I like the growth of soccer to include many teams and different clubs. What ruins it are parents thinking their club is better or ECNL parents thinking they are the best talent on the planet.
                      You all are blowing smoke with your theory of a Super Team for each area. If a parent has a kid that is good, take that kid to the best team in the area and make that roster. You all are talking about something that already exist which is ECNL. I live in Sarasota and I will be taking my kid to tryout for WFF. If you play FSPL, R3PL and don't see those games heavily scouted then you should be able to determine if you are in the right place. Your current experience or what you see in the older age groups with your club is an indicator of your future. Don't be stupid! Make plans to try out for your ECNL Club or a team that will make the Southern Regionals or the National League. Also, try out for ODP and try and make the AL pool or the ID2 programs to get scouted. Otherwise, let your kid play soccer and just have fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

You all are blowing smoke with your theory of a Super Team for each area. If a parent has a kid that is good, take that kid to the best team in the area and make that roster. You all are talking about something that already exist which is ECNL. I live in Sarasota and I will be taking my kid to tryout for WFF. If you play FSPL, R3PL and don't see those games heavily scouted then you should be able to determine if you are in the right place. Your current experience or what you see in the older age groups with your club is an indicator of your future. Don't be stupid! Make plans to try out for your ECNL Club or a team that will make the Southern Regionals or the National League. Also, try out for ODP and try and make the AL pool or the ID2 programs to get scouted. Otherwise, let your kid play soccer and just have fun. Nothing wrong with that.
                        Yes SIR!!

And should I also help prevent forest fires and take a bite out of crime?

Comment

Florida Elite U-14 Girls win Region 3 Premier League championship

qualify for Southern Regional Championships and and earned a spot in the U.S. Youth Soccer National League

hard work and a total team effort pays off

Comment

qualify for Southern Regional Championships and and earned a spot in the U.S. Youth Soccer National League

Congratulations, but why must you keep posting this on different threads? I'm not really sure what's going on with all the FESA posts everyday on most of the threads on TS? It's getting old and reminds me of the old Celtic posters.

Comment

The U14 Girls made the headlines on something other than TS.
                              http://staugustine.com/sports/local-...p#.VruM4Sje7Y4

Comment

Congratulations, but why must you keep posting this on different threads? I'm not really sure what's going on with all the FESA posts everyday on most of the threads on TS? It's getting old and reminds me of the old Celtic posters.
                                You sound like a jealous JFCer and did you paste it from the FESA website to TS? FESA U-14 posts are on the 01-02 thread and the Official FESA thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X