Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LOL, it's "easy" to convince millions of kids to no longer play school ball? Did you say that out loud before typing it?
    I didn't mean its easy to "convince" the kids. No where did I mention the word convince. What I meant was that the 8th/9th grade ISSUE is easier for USSF and USYS to wash their hands of.
    They can simply leave it as a choice for the player since they (the club) are providing a team to play on. If the kid or parent chooses HS, its on them.
    Because it goes back to the point of USSF not caring or being affiliated with HS soccer and NFHS.

Its the same difference whether its HS soccer or HS football. If the kid chooses to play a HS sport, there is nothing USSF can do about it.

There are kids on our youth teams that play youth football. They miss several practices and games throughout the season. Should our club or USSF cater to them?

Comment

I didn't mean its easy to "convince" the kids. No where did I mention the word convince. What I meant was that the 8th/9th grade ISSUE is easier for USSF and USYS to wash their hands of.
      They can simply leave it as a choice for the player since they (the club) are providing a team to play on. If the kid or parent chooses HS, its on them.
      Because it goes back to the point of USSF not caring or being affiliated with HS soccer and NFHS.

Its the same difference whether its HS soccer or HS football. If the kid chooses to play a HS sport, there is nothing USSF can do about it.

There are kids on our youth teams that play youth football. They miss several practices and games throughout the season. Should our club or USSF cater to them?
      If USSF thought that there was a big conflict between youth soccer and youth football and a simple scheduling change would resolve the conflict so that the kids could play both, thus allowing significantly more players the opportunity to play soccer, they were be insane not to go that route.

Comment

It's up to the clubs and leagues to come up with their own solutions. If clubs think they can make $.50 profit doing it they will get busy finding solutions. It won't be as good as a full season but it will be better than you think.

Once you accept US Soccer doesn't care about what happens at the school level maybe then you will stop hyperventilating.

Comment

Yeah, how's that hopey changey thing working out for YOU?
          Good for us...my family finally has somewhat decent health coverage that we got bought on the exchange!!! Thank you Massachusetts for being the model for that. Well done.

Comment

The 8th grade issue isn't easier because all the clubs in many states DONT HAVE CLUB SOCCER (nor club leagues) DURING HS SOCCER. Club soccer is usually on a break for u15 and above during the HS season to allow the HS players to play HS. How can 9th graders skip HS to play club when club is on a break and there are no leagues? If US Soccer could mandate that clubs had to offer full leagues and 11v11 full teams & practices for the u15 year, then the 8th graders would have a place to play and the 9th graders would have to choose. Bet many would choose club if the clubs demanded club loyalty first. Also, if US Soccer had left the birth year age groups determined by Fall season, then the 8th/9th problem would happen at u14 and all leagues are already set up for two full seasons at u14.
            What does High school soccer have to do with club soccer? The 8th grade thing your talking about. How does it effect each other?

Comment

What does High school soccer have to do with club soccer? The 8th grade thing your talking about. How does it effect each other?
              Currently teams going into the HS transition year at U14 will have a few 9th graders on the team with the rest being 8th graders. If the 9th graders are unavailable to play club ball because they are overwhelmed or banned to do so via state law, the 8th graders can muddle through the club season that conflicts with the high school season without them.

Under the new rules the transition year will be at U15 and the majority of the team will be in 9th grade with a handful of 8th graders. While the 9th graders are off playing school ball there won't be enough 8th graders left behind to field a club team so those kids will effectively go a season without soccer.

Comment

Currently teams going into the HS transition year at U14 will have a few 9th graders on the team with the rest being 8th graders. If the 9th graders are unavailable to play club ball because they are overwhelmed or banned to do so via state law, the 8th graders can muddle through the club season that conflicts with the high school season without them.

Under the new rules the transition year will be at U15 and the majority of the team will be in 9th grade with a handful of 8th graders. While the 9th graders are off playing school ball there won't be enough 8th graders left behind to field a club team so those kids will effectively go a season without soccer.
                I'm convinced you're the same guy posting this over and over again. There will be solutions. CLubs will find a way because they don't want to lose customers, and as an added bonus they can probably make a few bucks at the same time. No I don't have an impacted kid but a few on one of my kids' teams are impacted - they'll have no fall team because of this issue. Their parents aren't worried. You shouldn't be either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X