Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SURF-ing on Long Island

So somebody told me that SURF is a big thing elsewhere in the country. What does anyone know of them on Long Island. I heard they tried to put something together partnering with Stonybrook but that fell apart and now they are listing. Any value to them?

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=145591

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So somebody told me that SURF is a big thing elsewhere in the country. What does anyone know of them on Long Island. I heard they tried to put something together partnering with Stonybrook but that fell apart and now they are listing. Any value to them?
      Not a top club on Long Island
      Massapequa SC
      SUSA
      East Meadow SC

dont know if i missed any, but these are the top clubs on LI

Comment

San Diego Surf is a very big deal. They have licensed their name to other clubs throughout the country. Some are successful. Some aren't. The NY effort appears to have been originally set up to benefit specifically the kids of some coaches in Westchester but when the age group changes hit and caused chaos they made a power play to expand and tried to pick up teams on Long Island as well. It failed badly.

The have a bunch of names on their letterhead but after two years they still don't have fields, tried to run two tournaments that they abandoned, don't have teams in every age group and the few really successful teams they have had already been successful at their previous clubs. They have shown zero ability to develop anyone.

Comment

San Diego Surf is a very big deal. They have licensed their name to other clubs throughout the country. Some are successful. Some aren't. The NY effort appears to have been originally set up to benefit specifically the kids of some coaches in Westchester but when the age group changes hit and caused chaos they made a power play to expand and tried to pick up teams on Long Island as well. It failed badly.

The have a bunch of names on their letterhead but after two years they still don't have fields, tried to run two tournaments that they abandoned, don't have teams in every age group and the few really successful teams they have had already been successful at their previous clubs. They have shown zero ability to develop anyone.
          Maybe so in San Diego..but wont take off here on Long Island. They are trying, but not getting the players or results, too many quality clubs well established here

Comment

They are the real deal. Best coaches on the island and at destined for the top leagues. Awesome at futsal

Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous

Larry Miler

Comment

Just saw they had tryouts looking for players.....

Comment

They are the real deal. Best coaches on the island and at destined for the top leagues. Awesome at futsal

Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous

Larry Miler
                forget the coaches for now,,,but what top leagues are they currently playing in ??? really ?? sounds like someone is plugging their club for exposer !! NY Surf here on LI suck !!

Comment

Looking because everyone is leaving for other clubs...my daughter and 3 others i know left. 3 to SUSA and 1 to east meadow.

Comment

forget the coaches for now,,,but what top leagues are they currently playing in ??? really ?? sounds like someone is plugging their club for exposer !! NY Surf here on LI suck !!
                    You are jealous

Comment

You are jealous
                      guess that answers my question you fool.....none !!! what a jerk, your just a dumb surf coach trying to promote his club on TS. good bye

Comment

You are jealous
                        jealous ?? guess that answers my question, NONE you fool !! sounds like your just a dumb surf coach trying to promote his club on TS. get lost you jerk..good bye !!

Comment

guess that answers my question you fool.....none !!! what a jerk, your just a dumb surf coach trying to promote his club on TS. good bye
                          I told you who I was in my first post. Whose the fool now

I've got your IP address and will now ban you

Comment

I told you who I was in my first post. Whose the fool now

I've got your IP address and will now ban you
                            hahaha....stick with BOTN to promote your team coach

Comment

Which usually means teams are in danger of folding.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X