Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He made "OYSA great again" and is moving on. The damage can't be undone.
    OK, he did nothing because he was tied to the sh**ty Timbers organization. Mike Smith has done absolutely nothing for youth soccer in Oregon and he's been the TD for the last 8 years. He was also the TD for OPL when it was around. OYSA are now asking for a TD part-time!!! Pay peanuts and you get monkeys! They need to hire someone who is in touch with youth soccer in Oregon. Someone who can communicate with clubs and be a real Technical Director. They need a person who does not have an ego and is caring about the state of soccer in our region because it is awful and has been for a long time.

Comment

OK, he did nothing because he was tied to the sh**ty Timbers organization. Mike Smith has done absolutely nothing for youth soccer in Oregon and he's been the TD for the last 8 years. He was also the TD for OPL when it was around. OYSA are now asking for a TD part-time!!! Pay peanuts and you get monkeys! They need to hire someone who is in touch with youth soccer in Oregon. Someone who can communicate with clubs and be a real Technical Director. They need a person who does not have an ego and is caring about the state of soccer in our region because it is awful and has been for a long time.
      They hired Matt Dacey.

Comment

They hired Matt Dacey.
        Given the balance sheet of the OYSA currently is this now a volunteer position? Like a board member?

Comment

Given the balance sheet of the OYSA currently is this now a volunteer position? Like a board member?
          it's now part time. but depending on who you ask, it may or may not always have been part time

Comment

Dacey is a professional, knows his $h!t and will get things done. I believe he left his role at bsc so my guess this isn't a part time gig. My money says he turns things around at oysa. I'd say ODP will be on the road to being relevant again.

Comment

Dacey is a professional, knows his $h!t and will get things done. I believe he left his role at bsc so my guess this isn't a part time gig. My money says he turns things around at oysa. I'd say ODP will be on the road to being relevant again.
              I think Dacey will be good.

ODP however, needs to be seriously rethought. Landscape has changed and not sure what the purpose of ODP should be going forward, in a market with DA and ECNL.

Comment

My son had Madding as a ODP coach, he was head of the age group. What a joke that was, no coaching or development going on under him, just put the kids in a scrimmage every night and watched. Barely ever said a word.

Comment

I think Dacey will be good.

ODP however, needs to be seriously rethought. Landscape has changed and not sure what the purpose of ODP should be going forward, in a market with DA and ECNL.
                  Seriously any type of leadership ability for this position has been eliminated with the 10year contracts signed by the 'madening' & Timbers/Thorns. No role allowed in the RTC/OPD & no direction for competitive league or OYSA tournaments. For God Sake the Timbers/Thorns have control of the f&&king OYSA tryout dates.

Basically this poor soul can promote coaching licenses for the 'D', 'E' & 'F' level volunteer parent who wants to hone their coaching skill set. Which is Good of course, but way down the list for any actual State Technical Director of a 70K membership body.

What exactly are you the technical Director of when you have no say in OPD/RTC, the leagues or tournaments you sponsor.

Fun Stuff.....

Comment

Glad to see him gone. He never did anything for our club! Can anyone figure out his sudden departure? Very suspicious if I do say so.

There are rumors floating around that Mad Dog Madding might have sucked up some money into his pockets. If this is true does that mean as members we can go after the source that hired him ?

Comment

There are rumors floating around that Mad Dog Madding might have sucked up some money into his pockets. If this is true does that mean as members we can go after the source that hired him ?
                      He was framed by GW

Comment

Seriously any type of leadership ability for this position has been eliminated with the 10year contracts signed by the 'madening' & Timbers/Thorns. No role allowed in the RTC/OPD & no direction for competitive league or OYSA tournaments. For God Sake the Timbers/Thorns have control of the f&&king OYSA tryout dates.

Basically this poor soul can promote coaching licenses for the 'D', 'E' & 'F' level volunteer parent who wants to hone their coaching skill set. Which is Good of course, but way down the list for any actual State Technical Director of a 70K membership body.

What exactly are you the technical Director of when you have no say in OPD/RTC, the leagues or tournaments you sponsor.

Fun Stuff.....
                        Spot on!!

What is the point?
                        The TD will have some good ideas and then get told NO!! from the Timbers. GW will just say "go do the Licenses or you'll lose your job."

Comment

He was framed by GW
                          JM brought this on himself. He is a POS and everyone will know once the truth comes out.

Comment

I heard the same thing. He took money. A LOT of money. Heard there is a chance they will be pursuing criminal charges. Newspapers love that sh*t.

Comment

I heard the same thing. He took money. A LOT of money. Heard there is a chance they will be pursuing criminal charges. Newspapers love that sh*t.
                              Better watch out for Libel. We know who you are.

Comment

Not your run of the mill bedtime story

It's a partnership "OYSA/Timbers-Thorns' in the beginning of this trusted and ethical relationship,(hint of sarcasm) Peregrine hired straight from the OYSA (2) of it's reject staff members that were on their dying days of employment. These 2 guys couldn't get paid by the OYSA back then as the OPL had cut off all the league & cup revenue streams and effectively bled out the OYSA in only a couple of years.

Then the local robber baron GW executed his plan to blow up of the OPL, moving all the OPL clubs/teams back to the OYSA and at the same tim get all the league fees, cup fees and ODP revenues deposited straight to him, not the OYSA.

But he realized he moved too fast, by moving out the 2 OYSA staffers to his Peregrine offices he was left with no viable connection with the dangling in the wind OYSA leadership to ensure the honey keeps flowing...

Then the 'maddening' effect, GW has 2 OYSA tools in his Peregrine shed and none left at the OYSA tin shack, along comes 'The OYSA Maddening fool' as it's new CEO/Director who dreams of becoming a 'Timbers' 'Thorns' coach with GW as the architect.

GW says sure be all that you can be to the Maddening fool, just sign your initials here, to secure the deal that deposits all the clubs monies for leagues, cups, ODP straight to me.

10 years, 10 years GW Cheers....

This is all documented history with a quip and smile...what comes next will be vile.

Hire a strong attorney at least one for sure. Be ready for terms like embezzlement, fraud, conflict of interest, lack of oversight, accountability & public trust lost.

you all better hope- Orange is the new Black.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X