what's going on at WFF Brandon BAYSL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For someone who was "fired" he sure landed a new job very quickly. He is the Executive Director of the Sunshine State Soccer conference.

Comment

I don't get it. I always see on here that until leadership changes happen at WFF no one will go there and that is happening, but now it is the wrong move.

Comment

I do see why there are so many soccer clubs out there. Sounds like everyone knows how to run one.

We need more doctors and scientist, not Soccer coaches. Focus people.

Comment

Don't kid yourself he was let go. My daughter stated that she knew nothing of it and didn't even say goodbye. If he was leaving on his terms it wouldn't have been so abruptly. To state that players despised him is also false. My daughter and her friends will be missing him. I have spoken with other parents and their daughters feel the same. The only ones that had issues with him were DV old team. They always felt RB had DV fired, now they will realize who it really was that made that happen. My concern for my daughter is who they will put in charge. MM is a good performance coach and nutritionist but, not a soccer coach. AM is new to the girls on ECNL and we don't know much about him. BL diminished our club at WFP and it seems he wants all the power at Brandon. I'm not convinced the English have added anything to our programs, my daughter was doing well before any of them showed up and before ECNL. What RB did was bring more exposure to the girls program by having ECNL. Now they remove the coach that had the first idea for growth in the female program.

Comment

The good guys already left

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            ????? What ??????

It's the board that needs to downsize and get soccer knowledgable people. The English contingent are getting rid of all the competition they can. Who's next? Anybody else on staff qualified enough to take their jobs? If you are look out your next.
            The board has a few new folks but the remaining members are not soccer or business people and will drive the club into the ground. The good guys already left the board.

Comment

RB will be appreciated for all he has done at WFF and the ECNL program. Good luck to him moving forward.

MM for those that don't know coached collegiately at D1 Indiana University (Big Ten) and D2 Southern Indiana (GLVC). So to state he is not a soccer coach and does not have college contacts is inaccurate. He along with RB were in constant communication with all college coaches last ECNL season.

AM experience with the U17 U.S. National Team will help the ECNL program tremendously. He has a lot to offer.

Hopefully the organization will put the right person in charge as the continued development of the players is what is most important. Give it time...

Comment

RB will be appreciated for all he has done at WFF and the ECNL program. Good luck to him moving forward.

MM for those that don't know coached collegiately at D1 Indiana University (Big Ten) and D2 Southern Indiana (GLVC). So to state he is not a soccer coach and does not have college contacts is inaccurate. He along with RB were in constant communication with all college coaches last ECNL season.

AM experience with the U17 U.S. National Team will help the ECNL program tremendously. He has a lot to offer.

Hopefully the organization will put the right person in charge as the continued development of the players is what is most important. Give it time...
                We already have BL, he knows everything

Comment

AM was a travel agent and "coordinator" with the US team, the jury is still out on him.

Comment

If you sign up and the club tells you that you have one coach, then you get assigned a different coach, is this breach of contract? Can you get your money and pass back? Seems like WFF/Brandon don't really care at all about honesty or integrity. Have try outs, tell you this is the coach, then coaches changed or fired. Bait and switch at it's finest. People sign up for teams for coaches, not clubs.

Comment

Don't kid yourself he was let go. My daughter stated that she knew nothing of it and didn't even say goodbye. If he was leaving on his terms it wouldn't have been so abruptly. To state that players despised him is also false. My daughter and her friends will be missing him. I have spoken with other parents and their daughters feel the same. The only ones that had issues with him were DV old team. They always felt RB had DV fired, now they will realize who it really was that made that happen. My concern for my daughter is who they will put in charge. MM is a good performance coach and nutritionist but, not a soccer coach. AM is new to the girls on ECNL and we don't know much about him. BL diminished our club at WFP and it seems he wants all the power at Brandon. I'm not convinced the English have added anything to our programs, my daughter was doing well before any of them showed up and before ECNL. What RB did was bring more exposure to the girls program by having ECNL. Now they remove the coach that had the first idea for growth in the female program.
                      I agree with most of this. I think they will likely bring SM over from the boys side to add an extra coach to the mix. There is already a structure in place. AM is the administrator but has also been coaching during pre-season training. MM is a tremendous asset to the club and even though his primary contribution is Soccer fitness(rare to find a soccer specific fitness trainer) he also has a lot of experience playing at a high level and coaching. But I do agree that his primary contribution is soccer/functional training. If they do bring SM over then it will be a great addition. He has a VAST amount of experience coaching at all levels. He is a great asset to the the club and one of the best trainers I have seen with regard to technical and tactical training. Grandy is a good coach but I see him as more of a motivator and serious presence but has a very unique ability to break down a team and fix problems. YOYO is the goalie coach. To me, it would be a nice transition if they bring SM over and the ECNL is run by MM and SM.

Comment

I agree with most of this. I think they will likely bring SM over from the boys side to add an extra coach to the mix. There is already a structure in place. AM is the administrator but has also been coaching during pre-season training. MM is a tremendous asset to the club and even though his primary contribution is Soccer fitness(rare to find a soccer specific fitness trainer) he also has a lot of experience playing at a high level and coaching. But I do agree that his primary contribution is soccer/functional training. If they do bring SM over then it will be a great addition. He has a VAST amount of experience coaching at all levels. He is a great asset to the the club and one of the best trainers I have seen with regard to technical and tactical training. Grandy is a good coach but I see him as more of a motivator and serious presence but has a very unique ability to break down a team and fix problems. YOYO is the goalie coach. To me, it would be a nice transition if they bring SM over and the ECNL is run by MM and SM.
                        Well said and I second that!

Comment

Now that there is less payroll, are prorated refunds or fees adjustments going to take place?

Comment

Yes we need more English coaches even more on the girls side. The English are producing the top female soccer players.

http://blogs.gotsoccer.com/

Comment

Yes we need more English coaches even more on the girls side. The English are producing the top female soccer players.

I do not care what there race is or from what culture they are from. A coach is either good at what they do or they are not. SM is a solid coach/trainer

Comment

Signed BL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X