Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry your DD got cut from ECNL, again. It's like Groundhog Day for her, and you, isn't it?
    Dammit, how did u find out?????? We tried so hard to make ECNL, we tried so hard even for DA, we're thinking about making our club become the local heroes by dominating Mt Hood this year!!!

Comment

Just be sure you are reading his words without bias:

ANSON DORRANCE:*I have a fear that if we become too bureaucratic and too structured we’ll have this homogeneity that will end up hurting us.

The above is true of thinking any badge makes your league superior. His words are fine but this thinking of homogeny applies to all systems, including ECNL. Unfortunately, there is always a group of coaches getting paid or parents paying for their daughters to participate. In order to justify their pay or prop their daughter up in the pay to play system, they come on here and spout their (often exaggerated claims of) superiority. This is in hopes of continuing to receive a check or buy their daughter's place in the college of their choosing.
      You are bending the hell out of this to fit your perspective. Anson talked very positively about ECNL and where it has the USA positioned on the women side. He is arguing against the structure and bureaucracy of US Soccer, he was pointing that at the group that has our mens side uncompetitive and warning the women side to not go down this path. He pointed at the Dutch because that is less combustable then pointing out the deficiencies in the mens side.

Comment

He conveniently leaves out the part where the CU 04s, 03s and 01s won their divisions. How many other OR teams won their division... zero!
        This is a reference to the Crossfire Challenge tournament results last summer where some idiot keeps singling out the CU 02 results and then extrapolating that to mean the entire OR ECNL league can’t compete locally and keeps hiding from local competition. Not only is CU not hiding they are cleaning house in what is suppose to be a high quality tournament?! Sign up or shut up 🤐

Comment

You are bending the hell out of this to fit your perspective.
          Take it however you want, but don't claim to be any different. This entire site is dedicated to posts that fit an individual's narrative. I think I gently asked you to consider that some see the attitude of the OR ECNL coaches and parents equivalent to the bureaucracy that was cited, the belief that everyone who is good in OR must fit the mold by playing ECNL. There are MANY girls in the national team pools who do not play ECNL. There are many girls playing high level college soccer who did not play ECNL. It is the name of a league, nothing more. If we lived in a different state, my daughter may have chosen an ECNL team, assuming it was the choice that offered the best environment for her. We don't live in a different state, so we still chose the best option. It was not an ECNL team.

Comment

Take it however you want, but don't claim to be any different. This entire site is dedicated to posts that fit an individual's narrative. I think I gently asked you to consider that some see the attitude of the OR ECNL coaches and parents equivalent to the bureaucracy that was cited, the belief that everyone who is good in OR must fit the mold by playing ECNL. There are MANY girls in the national team pools who do not play ECNL. There are many girls playing high level college soccer who did not play ECNL. It is the name of a league, nothing more. If we lived in a different state, my daughter may have chosen an ECNL team, assuming it was the choice that offered the best environment for her. We don't live in a different state, so we still chose the best option. It was not an ECNL team.
            But there are NO -- high level soccer girls playing DA and High school. And that is the part the uber-parent is missing. Sorry but little Susie is NOT making the National Team. (I know, your daughter is DIFFERENT). New flash: No she's not. So she may as well enjoy her high school experience as well as soccer.

Comment

But there are NO -- high level soccer girls playing DA and High school. And that is the part the uber-parent is missing. Sorry but little Susie is NOT making the National Team. (I know, your daughter is DIFFERENT). New flash: No she's not. So she may as well enjoy her high school experience as well as soccer.
              Thanks for the New flash. I am glad you understood my point. If NO -girls from Oregon are playing for the national team, what is the relevance in quoting a former national team coach other than promoting your personal agenda? Here's a couple New flashes for you: I do not recall claiming that my daughter would play for the national team and her name isn't Susie.

Comment

Annson Dorrance is a relic and artifact; he made all his world class player acquisitions with the USYS & ODP model. The recent fracturing of USYS & US Club youth leagues has not served him anywhere near as well as the ole USYS & ODP infrastructure. He will be the first to admit it.

US Club sanctioned leagues are never to be confused with US Soccer DA.

US Soccer DA is here to stay and why these greedy clubs will give it the thumbs up for boys and not for girls has more to do with their bottom line that the interest of Women's soccer.

Their grip on the parents is slippingl. See CU & FC as prime examples.

Comment

US Soccer DA is here to stay and why these greedy clubs will give it the thumbs up for boys and not for girls has more to do with their bottom line that the interest of Women's soccer.
                  I fundamentally disagree with the assertion this is about greed. You know what question never gets asked? Why US Soccer took 11 years to provide a DA for girls and not boys? The reason why some in ECNL do not give the thumbs up for girls DA is because it didn't exist for all that time, and ECNL stepped into that gulf-sized gender inequitable breach and did something about it. And now US Soccer wants to, in essence, piggyback on that. There is a significant difference.

Comment

*breech. Although "breach" may technically be correct as well.

Comment

I fundamentally disagree with the assertion this is about greed. You know what question never gets asked? Why US Soccer took 11 years to provide a DA for girls and not boys? The reason why some in ECNL do not give the thumbs up for girls DA is because it didn't exist for all that time, and ECNL stepped into that gulf-sized gender inequitable breach and did something about it. And now US Soccer wants to, in essence, piggyback on that. There is a significant difference.
                      Actually, US Soccer started the DA for boys in 2007 prior to any start up leagues in USYS or US Club for the so called power clubs. During this 10 year stretch both the USYS and US Club offered similar competitive club platforms for girls. Not having a DA for girls the lower level made leagues. Which is natural.

Remember, Women didn't get the right to vote for decades, once they got it, all is fine.

The struggle to gain equal status is no more with regards to a DA platform. Also no club in Oregon will ever get this distinction, which is also a source of anger.

Better late than never, they say.

Why the angst still?

Simply, Internal club operations and $$$$. That's all.

Comment

Actually, US Soccer started the DA for boys in 2007 prior to any start up leagues in USYS or US Club for the so called power clubs. During this 10 year stretch both the USYS and US Club offered similar competitive club platforms for girls. Not having a DA for girls the lower level made leagues. Which is natural.

Remember, Women didn't get the right to vote for decades, once they got it, all is fine.

The struggle to gain equal status is no more with regards to a DA platform. Also no club in Oregon will ever get this distinction, which is also a source of anger.

Better late than never, they say.

Why the angst still?

Simply, Internal club operations and $$$$. That's all.
                        “Women didn’t get the right to vote for decades, once they did, all was fine.”

Ladies and gentleman we are done. We have finally found the stupidest person on the internet.

Comment

Ladies and gentleman we are done. We have finally found the stupidest person on the internet.
                          You haven't been on the Internet very long, have you?

Comment

It's documented history, Women's suffrage in the United States of America, the legal right of women to vote, was established over the course of several decades, first in various states and localities, sometimes on a limited basis, and then nationally in 1920.

If you didn't know this, your opinion fits well on you. Fool.

Comment

It's documented history, Women's suffrage in the United States of America, the legal right of women to vote, was established over the course of several decades, first in various states and localities, sometimes on a limited basis, and then nationally in 1920.

If you didn't know this, your opinion fits well on you. Fool.
                              No you idiot. I am well aware of the history of the women’s suffrage movement. The stupidity in the OP was the statement that once women were given the right to vote, “all was fine.” Because I guess discrimination ceased to exist that day. I guess women started receiving equal pay for equal work that day. I guess men stopped sexually harassing women that day. I guess Women’s sports and activities have been funded and supported equally as men’s from that day forward.

The OP here is as stupid as people who say racism ended the day slavery ended. Showing your white male privilege is always ugly. And stupid.

Comment

No you idiot. I am well aware of the history of the women’s suffrage movement. The stupidity in the OP was the statement that once women were given the right to vote, “all was fine.” Because I guess discrimination ceased to exist that day. I guess women started receiving equal pay for equal work that day. I guess men stopped sexually harassing women that day. I guess Women’s sports and activities have been funded and supported equally as men’s from that day forward.

The OP here is as stupid as people who say racism ended the day slavery ended. Showing your white male privilege is always ugly. And stupid.
                                As a singular event that changed the course of history, 'all was fine' getting the right to vote. Don't extrapolate so much that's not there with a comment 'all is fine' given this historic and symbolic change . Relax and breathe. Stop your name calling and spinning into uncontrolled fits of rage over a women's right to vote. It too came late for women just like the DA. Your personal issues about sexual discrimination, equal pay are not germane. Yes, the abundant funding for collegiate women's soccer, in the name of equality (Title IX) has created this incredibly messed up situation for female youth soccer families. This is reality that is truth stranger than fiction.

Find a happy place and do your best not to implode over things out of your control.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X