Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I agree with the prior poster as well. This is a real nut job class and some of the comments are simply stunning. Or maybe it's just a few. I have no idea as my daughter is older. But it is clear that they just don't get it.

Club is over people, you got to let it go.

And although the stakes are higher and games more intense, the opposing players generally have a deep respect for one another, regardless of where they came from and what club they played for and are very cordial to each other post game regardless of the outcome. Compared to this crowd, they are ones that truly understand what it's all about.
    This deserved to get moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This deserved to get moved up.
      That post is the truth.

Comment

The Duke goalie is not getting the credit she deserves

Comment

Injury maybe? Early bloomer? Attitude? Better player in front of them? Didn’t work hard enough on conditioning coming in? Partier? Doesn’t love the sport? Class? Big dif between a freshman riding the pine and an upperclassman doing so. As said on previous pages, College is an entirely different animal that kids have to adapt to, YNT or not.
          Amen. College is a very different animal ESPECIALLY at a school that has a tactical and technical approach. A lot to learn. Also a long season where coaches are trying to figure out things. Conclusions drawn at the end of the season? ok. Now ? not so much.

Comment

Happy now? Write what you have to write about her. We all know the fluff about the Stars was just your cover so you could bash this kid. Pretty sad.

Comment

She seems to be doing well...

Comment

Exactly what is basis for this statement? Are you referring to specific kids? I think not, as you seem to generalizing. I ask this as my D is in college and has played against local kids from Stars, NEFC and Scorps many many times. Some start, some don't, some play a lot of minutes, some don't. Some resemble their club form, some don't. Some play the same positions as club, some don't. I think its really team specific. Are you comparing starts and minutes for all of the college players from this area throughout the US? Or are there a couple of ones that stick out to you? Or ones from a specific class.
                And I see many of my kids teammates not from stars and are playing over them. it's the big club syndrome and only about the money not the development. I see some stars kids playing that would not get training shirts in some clubs. The soccer iq isn't there overall.

Comment

conference play just started. Some teams going on the road into hostile environments for the first time this year. Its not easy to win on the road. Some people who post here act like these kids are machines.

Freshmen are experiencing this for the first time. Coaches are learning about players. A littel fatigue probably setting in for the freshmen already - perhaps mental and a little physical. Its a very new experience.

Over time, the cream will rise, but so many of these threads attacking individuals or lauding how great they are doing are very premature.

Comment

So let us get this straight. You start a thread to promote your kid. She’s a legal adult and in college. You bash kids who played against her when she was in high school as well as her old and new teammates. You are some kind of special. To be fair, and I say this having endured this woman on the sidelines for many years, I have never seen this extreme or classlessness from any other parent at nefc or any other club. Unfortunately, there have been a few bad apples and they post a lot here. They are not indicative of most of the parents we have come across over the years, including at nefc. Thank God.

Comment

So let us get this straight. You start a thread to promote your kid. She’s a legal adult and in college. You bash kids who played against her when she was in high school as well as her old and new teammates. You are some kind of special. To be fair, and I say this having endured this woman on the sidelines for many years, I have never seen this extreme or classlessness from any other parent at nefc or any other club. Unfortunately, there have been a few bad apples and they post a lot here. They are not indicative of most of the parents we have come across over the years, including at nefc. Thank God.
                      Yup, she is a true lunatic. By all accounts (my kid has known her for years), the player is a really good kid and a very dedicated player. She is going to have a very good career in college and get a great education.

Unfortunately, this will be no where near good enough for mom. Mom is obsessed with elevating her daughter beyond what she deserves, by trashing every kid around her. Truly a sick individual.

Comment

Yup, she is a true lunatic. By all accounts (my kid has known her for years), the player is a really good kid and a very dedicated player. She is going to have a very good career in college and get a great education.

Unfortunately, this will be no where near good enough for mom. Mom is obsessed with elevating her daughter beyond what she deserves, by trashing every kid around her. Truly a sick individual.
                        Alright let's dial it back vs the mom as well. Deserved? Yes. Should kids have to read this? No. Remember we can hold ourselves to a higher standard as well.

Comment

Sorry, pal. You are drawing a false equivalence. She starts a thread - a lot of threads - to promote her kid, puts down other kids, including those on her daughter’s team, and you are objecting because someone called her nuts? She has done this for years. It’s just moved to college, which feels more pathetic. I object because there are a couple NEFC parents who post here constantly and make the rest of us look crazy as though the entire club is filled with venomous parents.

Comment

Sorry, pal. You are drawing a false equivalence. She starts a thread - a lot of threads - to promote her kid, puts down other kids, including those on her daughter’s team, and you are objecting because someone called her nuts? She has done this for years. It’s just moved to college, which feels more pathetic. I object because there are a couple NEFC parents who post here constantly and make the rest of us look crazy as though the entire club is filled with venomous parents.
                            Looks like some Stars parents post as well; maybe some Scorpions too.

Comment

Instead you are a douche cowardly bashing away at a parent that everyone is supposed to just accept is an azzhat simply be cause you say so. Clearly you two have a beef but I actually think less of you because the only ones I ever read bashed are the two at Duke and the one at BU. Not seeing the wholesale bashing of teammates and their parents you claim. What I read is a bitter parent taking anonymous pot shots at the kids that are better than yours. You are pathetic actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                Instead you are a douche cowardly bashing away at a parent that everyone is supposed to just accept is an azzhat simply be cause you say so. Clearly you two have a beef but I actually think less of you because the only ones I ever read bashed are the two at Duke and the one at BU. Not seeing the wholesale bashing of teammates and their parents you claim. What I read is a bitter parent taking anonymous pot shots at the kids that are better than yours. You are pathetic actually.
                                I haven’t seen any kid bashing. Just mom bashing, and from the sound of this post, you, cough, deserve it. The posts I saw said your daughter is a good player and will have a great college career, but the consensus of her teammates are that you are cuckoo. Readers can come to their own judgment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X