Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is what ECNL is thinking or evaluating.
    1 does Tampa Bay have enough talent to support four top teams, two MLS Elite and two ECNL?

2 do we want to have teams that are the second team from a club in our league that they consider on par with MLS Elite teams.

My opinion there is not enough talent. Then the question is do they drop TBU and hope the best players from TBU ECNL go play for FP making them stronger and maintaining a standard that clubs must put their top teams in the league.

Time will tell us what happens.
    Tbu mls teams are a joke. Tbu's boy ecnl teams are really ecnl r teams.

Comment

Since TBU is still top dog on the girls side, I think ECNL would give TBU the option to drop MLS before kicking them out. But that is just a guess as a business owner, not someone with any ECNL knowledge or even first hand knowledge or either club. Seems like MLS and ECNL are competitors so ECNL would get a win if they get someone to drop MLS and would get a loss if they allow someone to keep ECNL but have it as their second team.

1 does Tampa Bay have enough talent to support four top teams, two MLS Elite and two ECNL?

2 do we want to have teams that are the second team from a club in our league that they consider on par with MLS Elite teams.

My opinion there is not enough talent. Then the question is do they drop TBU and hope the best players from TBU ECNL go play for FP making them stronger and maintaining a standard that clubs must put their top teams in the league.

Comment

Why would FP want any players from TBU Boys ECNL teams? Girls' side yes, Boys side, not a chance. They got slaughtered last time they played, and that was TBU MLS/ECNL vs FP ECNL.
        Only way FP benefits is if they can recruit some girls over, TBU has some talented girls ECNL teams.

Comment

I really doubt they are a joke. I'm sure they are some of the best teams in Tampa. At each age group, do your really think there are 4 or 5 teams in town that can beat them? Sure, they aren't the clear top. In some ages, CC is still better. In some, FP is better. In some, they are the best. But to say they are a joke is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

I understand that FPFC is new to higher levels leagues and were playing in CDL last year so I wouldn't expect FPFC to understand how this fits together.

This whole argument that ECNL is going to force TBU to drop MLS to stay in ECNL is just wrong. TBU had DA when ECNL awarded them Boys ECNL! Why would ECNL award Boys ECNL to a club that already had DA? Wouldn't they just withhold Boys ECNL until TBU dropped DA?

ECNL loves TBU because TBU rescued Girls ECNL for the Tampa Bay area after WFF botched it up for 5 years.

Comment

Just because one club has a better team than the other does not mean that every player on the better team is superior. I'm sure you know this. I guaranty there are players on each TBU boys ECNL team that would improve the depth and starting line ups at the FP ECNL teams.

And on the girls, it is the reverse.

Why would FP want any players from TBU Boys ECNL teams? Girls' side yes, Boys side, not a chance. They got slaughtered last time they played, and that was TBU MLS/ECNL vs FP ECNL.
              Only way FP benefits is if they can recruit some girls over, TBU has some talented girls ECNL teams.

Comment

The landscape has changed. Now ECNL does not need TBU. If they pulled ECNL, FP would over night get all the best players from the TBU girls side. And when ECNL started on the boys side, it was not a know product and ECNL didn't have the ability to pick and choose as much. Now, they have the top boys league since the DA collapsed and the MLS replacement is nothing near what the old DA was since it has no subsidy and got watered down. ECNL knows that it can put that league out of business.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this since you are living off of stimulus money and do not own your own business.

I understand that FPFC is new to higher levels leagues and were playing in CDL last year so I wouldn't expect FPFC to understand how this fits together.

This whole argument that ECNL is going to force TBU to drop MLS to stay in ECNL is just wrong. TBU had DA when ECNL awarded them Boys ECNL! Why would ECNL award Boys ECNL to a club that already had DA? Wouldn't they just withhold Boys ECNL until TBU dropped DA?

ECNL loves TBU because TBU rescued Girls ECNL for the Tampa Bay area after WFF botched it up for 5 years.

Comment

I’m the OP. To say there MLS teams are a joke is very general. Please be specific as to why you think they are a joke.

Comment

A a lot of professional know it all’s at FP. How they know so much of the in and outs of MLS/DA and ECNL politics for just being in the league for half a season coming from CDL baffles me. Did Fp parents attend the MLS DA or ECNL conferences to get this information? So whoever these Fp politicians who posts all this BS garbage is a parent who gets 3rd hand knowledge from former TBU directors or it’s just plain BS and their personal assumptions. If your satisfied at FP with your teams and coaching that’s great so stay there. If your not then you know what you have to do. Stop hating on another club it truly shows how emotionally attached you are. You will always be TBU’s bitch so just except it. Until FP kids get commits or have kids go pro or get on a YNT then shut your azz up. You have a couple good boys teams embrace that. But to say your taking over the tampa soccer team piggy backing on a coupe good boys teams is pathetic. Overall your club has a long ways to go. Pasco county will never be the soccer meca where the tricounty players will go to join. That’s a fact dummies.

Comment

The landscape has changed. Now ECNL does not need TBU. If they pulled ECNL, FP would over night get all the best players from the TBU girls side. And when ECNL started on the boys side, it was not a know product and ECNL didn't have the ability to pick and choose as much. Now, they have the top boys league since the DA collapsed and the MLS replacement is nothing near what the old DA was since it has no subsidy and got watered down. ECNL knows that it can put that league out of business.

I wouldn't expect you to understand this since you are living off of stimulus money and do not own your own business.
                      Just because you own your mobile auto detailing business (in your trunk) means you're an expert on youth soccer leagues?

Comment

Business is business, whether it is soccer or software or a trunk based detailing business.

Just because you own your mobile auto detailing business (in your trunk) means you're an expert on youth soccer leagues?

Comment

Business is business, whether it is soccer or software or a trunk based detailing business.
                          I run my own logistic company. I am a uber eats driver. Youth soccer is a lot like Uber eats. It is always satisfying while your eating but in the end it turn to sh it. Youth soccer is the same way. Watching your kid playing soccer is satisfying but in the end youth soccer is still sh it.

Comment

Well, anytime know announcement from FP will shake up the area, especially those so much blinded by joke MLS.....Stay alert
                            Still waiting!

Comment

Still waiting!

It going to be huge. This will shake up the florida soccer landscape.

Comment

Does Errand Boy have herpes?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X