Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If folks were honest, it's simple, if your kid can play at TBU, then you do that. If your kid can't play at TBU (because of any one of many factors: commute time, talent level, time commitment, etc.) then they play for other surrounding clubs - Florida Premier is one of them. All you coaches and DOCs can bicker all day long on Talking Soccer but that is the perspective of parents who know what is going on in Tampa Bay Area youth soccer.
    You are absolutely correct. My kid made the team but the cost was too much. We had to settle for a smaller cheaper club. Here the funny thing my kid coach use to coach at tbu. Not only am I getting quality tbu coaching, I am getting it for a cheaper price. Always shop around. No one has coner the market on training and development.

Comment

They may not be headed for the pro leagues, but I disagree on the college bound part. Many very good players prefer to also play HS for their own fun. Some HS teams are actually quite good, even if most aren't. With ECNL as an option now, many college bound players can do both.

Club players (on Boys side) that insist on playing H.S. are usually not top tier or college bound.

Comment

And I would add that, thanks to the private school special treatment, one of the best if not the best MLS players in the area (who has gotten national pool call-ups) is playing MLS and school soccer this year.

They may not be headed for the pro leagues, but I disagree on the college bound part. Many very good players prefer to also play HS for their own fun. Some HS teams are actually quite good, even if most aren't. With ECNL as an option now, many college bound players can do both.

Comment

And I would add that, thanks to the private school special treatment, one of the best if not the best MLS players in the area (who has gotten national pool call-ups) is playing MLS and school soccer this year.
          Has nothing to do with private school. CC is ok with him playing high school.

Comment

Has nothing to do with private school. CC is ok with him playing high school.
            you can play High School as long you have a scholarship , that's the only way MLS allows you to .

Comment

you can play High School as long you have a scholarship , that's the only way MLS allows you to .
              BS. MLS has no rules around high school soccer that was the DA. Obviously your kid is not in the MLS

Comment

Club players (on Boys side) that insist on playing H.S. are usually not top tier or college bound.
                What you mean top tier. Top tier is college bound abroad or teams abroad. Any kid can play college here if they wanted to.You just have to put your hand in your pocket for a lousy scholarship .Majority are ego parents than want to boast about their kid playing college soccer. The Wise & none materialistic take another rout.

Comment

What you mean top tier. Top tier is college bound abroad or teams abroad. Any kid can play college here if they wanted to.You just have to put your hand in your pocket for a lousy scholarship .Majority are ego parents than want to boast about their kid playing college soccer. The Wise & none materialistic take another rout.
                  A lot of truth here.

Comment

Read the MLS Elite rules, dude. They are not permitted to participate in non-MLS Soccer activity. They make an exception if there is either a scholarship or the sport is the reason your kid got accepted. So, while it is not a "private school rule" I don't think public schools give scholarships or accept students based on sports. So in the pay to play world of the MLS Elite (and all soccer really), you have the kids that can afford private school being permitted to play school and club while the public school kids cannot. And CC is ok with this kid playing because he is the best or at least top 3 best players they have in their entire club so they can't tell him no or he will do like the TBU kids who were told no and leave for an ECNL team.

BS. MLS has no rules around high school soccer that was the DA. Obviously your kid is not in the MLS

Comment

Page 15-16 of the MLS Next rules. https://bsbproduction.s3.amazonaws.c...-%209.8.20.pdf

So now if your kid lost playing time to an MLS kid at a public school or, if you don't think the kid really got a scholarship, here is your time to turn them in and get your kid off the bench.

Read the MLS Elite rules, dude. They are not permitted to participate in non-MLS Soccer activity. They make an exception if there is either a scholarship or the sport is the reason your kid got accepted. So, while it is not a "private school rule" I don't think public schools give scholarships or accept students based on sports. So in the pay to play world of the MLS Elite (and all soccer really), you have the kids that can afford private school being permitted to play school and club while the public school kids cannot. And CC is ok with this kid playing because he is the best or at least top 3 best players they have in their entire club so they can't tell him no or he will do like the TBU kids who were told no and leave for an ECNL team.

Comment

“MLS NEXT High School Waiver” – means the waiver form that must be completed in the event that
                        a registered full-time player’s admission or scholarship at a private high school requires their
                        participation on the school’s high school soccer team.

Comment

CC kid is small and weighs a 110 soaking wet. Just pray a high school goon that weights 70lbs more does not crush dreams. Does not seem like the benefits outweigh the risk factors

Comment

CC kid is small and weighs a 110 soaking wet. Just pray a high school goon that weights 70lbs more does not crush dreams. Does not seem like the benefits outweigh the risk factors
                            What's this thinking hs kids cant play ball..you realize there are alot of ecnl and mls players who play HS right.why do you think they want waivers . Stop with this pompous mls crap..and truth be told the mls next is a disaster like da .

Comment

There are some teams that are hot garbage and have football players out there. But the coaches at the better teams, filled with ECNL/MLS players schedule most of their matches against other HS teams with club players. So what if he has to play against bigger kids. That can only help his game. Did Barca fear for Messi at age 17 playing against La Liga monsters? No. He was good and only got better by playing. Sports have risks. MLS isn't going to protect players from getting hurt. I've see so many of these kids get hurt riding a skateboard or goofing around at school. That's life. I'm glad the kid gets to play school ball and that CC lets him. The league should let them all and not just the richie rich ones that can afford private schools with soccer teams.

What's this thinking hs kids cant play ball..you realize there are alot of ecnl and mls players who play HS right.why do you think they want waivers . Stop with this pompous mls crap..and truth be told the mls next is a disaster like da .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X