Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm obviously not the coach, but if I were there is no way I would play 6 of the starters. Friday , Saturday, Sunday they are playing in an ECNL national event where they will likely be playing teams that are much better than Melbourne. There is nothing to gain by playing them on wednesday and risking getting hurt, covid, or just plain too many games in a short period of time. We will in all likelihood play Melbourne in the district finals and can see what team is the better team then, but for now I wouldn't care if we played our JV players and subs. And if I was A O'H parent coming off an injury , I wouldn't play him either.
    None of them have plans to play in college, I think in likelyhood they will play against melbourne.

Comment

after the most recent games top 5 teams. Merritt Island , Melbourne, Viera, Satellite, Holy Trinity. Even though Merritt Island vs Mel was only a 2-1 win there was a pretty big gap between the two teams. Wednesday Mel vs Viera. Mel favored but I don't think there is much difference between the teams. It'll be who wins individual matchups and coaching.

Comment

after the most recent games top 5 teams. Merritt Island , Melbourne, Viera, Satellite, Holy Trinity. Even though Merritt Island vs Mel was only a 2-1 win there was a pretty big gap between the two teams. Wednesday Mel vs Viera. Mel favored but I don't think there is much difference between the teams. It'll be who wins individual matchups and coaching.
        I agree with all except #5. As despicable as the way they play is, Rockledge should be #5. Rockledge has some talent. If they had a coach capable or willing to provide discipline they would be a decent team. Holy Trinity is not a very good team. Their wins are all against weak teams.

Comment

So if Titusville wins against Satellite, are you going to put them top 5? Having wins against them, Viera, Eau Gallie, and drawing Rockledge looks pretty impressive.

Comment

So if Titusville wins against Satellite, are you going to put them top 5? Having wins against them, Viera, Eau Gallie, and drawing Rockledge looks pretty impressive.
            They play West Shore tonight which is decent competition. If they beat both West Shore and Satellite I would give them a shout for the #5 position. They have looked good this season except for the games against MI and Mel which were blowouts, so I don't think they do well against quality offense.

Comment

They play West Shore tonight which is decent competition. If they beat both West Shore and Satellite I would give them a shout for the #5 position. They have looked good this season except for the games against MI and Mel which were blowouts, so I don't think they do well against quality offense.
              I would agree but they would have to both be wins not ties or close losses.

Comment

That is exactly the rub. Mel & MI could have easily ended the Titusville games early by slaughter rule had they not called the dogs off. Good teams don't get slaughtered like that. Good teams manage to keep it reasonably close even against the best teams. If you look at the other middle to upper echelon teams in Brevard you will see they don't get blown out.

Comment

That is exactly the rub. Mel & MI could have easily ended the Titusville games early by slaughter rule had they not called the dogs off. Good teams don't get slaughtered like that. Good teams manage to keep it reasonably close even against the best teams. If you look at the other middle to upper echelon teams in Brevard you will see they don't get blown out.
                  I think the difference is that Titusville doesn't like to keep possession they like to let the other team have the ball. Teams like Mel and MI are direct which is why they got many chances, Viera doesn't do that, which lead to their demise against Titusville. So I wouldn't say Titusville is a bad team, they have a poor defense but good individuals who carry some of the dead weight. I would say if you know Titusville's game you will dominate, but most teams aren't like MI or Mel, so I would put Titusville up there in Brevard's better teams.

Comment

I think the difference is that Titusville doesn't like to keep possession they like to let the other team have the ball. Teams like Mel and MI are direct which is why they got many chances, Viera doesn't do that, which lead to their demise against Titusville. So I wouldn't say Titusville is a bad team, they have a poor defense but good individuals who carry some of the dead weight. I would say if you know Titusville's game you will dominate, but most teams aren't like MI or Mel, so I would put Titusville up there in Brevard's better teams.
                    would have to see if they can beat either of the west shore, or satty. otherwise they are not in the top five and likely below Holy trinity, heritage and rockledge. better than Eau gallie, Edgewood and all the rest of the bottom feeders. so if you consider top 9 in brevard's better teams than maybe.

Comment

would have to see if they can beat either of the west shore, or satty. otherwise they are not in the top five and likely below Holy trinity, heritage and rockledge. better than Eau gallie, Edgewood and all the rest of the bottom feeders. so if you consider top 9 in brevard's better teams than maybe.
                      I enjoy HS soccer because it is great for the kids overall HS experience, but being 9th best in Brevard county is not saying much. At that point the parents need to realize most of the players are not very adept at the game and are just enjoying varsity sports. Teams like that usually have 1-3 good club level players. They can look back and say I played HS soccer. Nothing wrong with that. It is important. Maybe 5% of HS teams play the game at something close to a decent club team level. after that not worth talking about which team is 6th best and which is 8th best

Comment

Titusville 3-1 West Shore. Game was live streamed, Titusville had lots of quality in the attack and West Shore didn’t play the low block game they normally do, which they should’ve done. Titusville looks a legitimate threat, expect a very good game against Satellite.

Comment

Titusville 3-1 West Shore. Game was live streamed, Titusville had lots of quality in the attack and West Shore didn’t play the low block game they normally do, which they should’ve done. Titusville looks a legitimate threat, expect a very good game against Satellite.
                          Titusville had bad games against Melbourne & Merritt Island. They are firing on all cylinders now. With the way the team is gelling they should have a good run from districts all the way to at least the regional final.

Comment

Titusville had bad games against Melbourne & Merritt Island. They are firing on all cylinders now. With the way the team is gelling they should have a good run from districts all the way to at least the regional final.
                            Ok so Titusville is now comfortably in the 6th position, beat Satellite and you move up.

Comment

LOL Titusville had bad games against MI and MEL 9 out of 10 game the results would have been the same. you just can't keep up you think you can but you just cant Nemo!!

Comment

LOL Titusville had bad games against MI and MEL 9 out of 10 game the results would have been the same. you just can't keep up you think you can but you just cant Nemo!!
                                I mean look at Titusville’s results, it looks like MI and Mel were bad games. They are beating and drawing teams who did much much better against those teams than Titusville did. Seems like more than just a coincidence.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X