Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys ECNL How's it going?

How are the new clubs doing with ECNL, seems pretty expensive for a lot of the better players.

Saw a lot of migration away from one club (olders) and then they dropped out of UYSA, was this due to the $3300 cost? Also seems Avalanche is just putting their old forza teams in ECNL...what's going on?

Heard two other clubs are getting ready to apply for the MLS platform.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are the new clubs doing with ECNL, seems pretty expensive for a lot of the better players.

Saw a lot of migration away from one club (olders) and then they dropped out of UYSA, was this due to the $3300 cost? Also seems Avalanche is just putting their old forza teams in ECNL...what's going on?

Heard two other clubs are getting ready to apply for the MLS platform.
    AFAIK, at least on the boys side, the schedules aren't quite finalized. Play starts in Oct/Nov from what i've heard. The boys sides at LA Roca and Avalanche are playing UYSA also.

The mountain division though leaves a lot to be desired with 3 NM teams and 3 CO teams. I guess you're hoping to make the playoffs and play in the showcases. First year though for the boys, so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

There were rumors La Roca (south) was going to apply to MLS platform, but never seemed to materialize. Who are you hearing are going to apply?

Comment

USA and Sparta are the most logical choices

Comment

USA seems rather content with Desert Conf, Natl league, etc. They didnt accept (depending who you believe) or apply to ECNL because of cost. MLS would likely cost far more than ECNL.

I could see sparta applying at some point if they thought they would be competitive, but they would need to attract all the talent in the valley(s) to be competitive at boys u13+ in the mls league.

Anyways, now if only there were another couple hundred people chatting on here... I guess we're lucky in that sports are actually being played here unlike in CA, AZ, etc.

Comment

At the Avalanche tournament this weekend, not many Avalanche winners (only 1 and that was a team recruited from another club this year). La Roca won 3, Sparta, Impact and Storm each won two. Doesn't look like a lot of improvement for the ECNL money.

Comment

At the Avalanche tournament this weekend, not many Avalanche winners (only 1 and that was a team recruited from another club this year). La Roca won 3, Sparta, Impact and Storm each won two. Doesn't look like a lot of improvement for the ECNL money.
              Agreed, i thought avalanche would field better teams. I'd be second guessing my ECNL dues if my son was at avalanche.

Comment

https://www.ecnlboys.com/boys_mt_2020/

At least the site is getting updated a bit. Some of the rosters are up and include some interesting things. Yet to be seen is if a schedule gets posted and games actually happen.

Comment

https://www.ecnlboys.com/boys_mt_2020/

At least the site is getting updated a bit. Some of the rosters are up and include some interesting things. Yet to be seen is if a schedule gets posted and games actually happen.
                  Also, some USYS scheduling overlaps are going to cause some drama. Desert Conference (AZ), ODP Interregionals (FL) and the ECNL Showcase (NV) all happening at the same time will take the top boys away, and split coaches - perhaps leading to subpar results for everyone involved. Can't fault the kids/parents for heading off to ODP Interregionals instead of ECNL or NLDC.

Comment

Not sure that'll be the case.

ECNL teams don't participate in DPL (although it looked like some of the La Roca DPL may have overlapped rosters), and ECNL has their own identification system. So ODP is pretty irrelevant (and actually has been for quite some time). Truth is that the ECNL ID process is also irrelevant for boys as the National Teams have been primarily made up of pro-club DA players for a number of years.

If DPL and ODP are overlapping Region IV should fix that ASAP. That's where most of the issues would show up. I'm pretty sure if DPL and ODP overlap ODP may have problems unless the rosters are primarily non-DPL teams.

Comment

Not sure that'll be the case.

If DPL and ODP are overlapping Region IV should fix that ASAP. That's where most of the issues would show up. I'm pretty sure if DPL and ODP overlap ODP may have problems unless the rosters are primarily non-DPL teams.
                      DPL and ODP Interregionals in Florida are at the same time in November. La Roca, USA, Sparta, and likely others are losing some of their best players to this ODP event. Silly overlap there. I would disagree that ODP is entirely irrelevant, but I think it only matters at the top events. There are a couple boys now at RSL academy that were scouted at the 2019 Interregionals and ODP NTC. But, at the lower levels, agreed, it doesn't matter much. The older teams are picked before tryouts, and the teams that come from CA to the odp championships are 4/5th tier. They're fun events for the boys involved, but unless you move on to interregionals and NTC, its not really going to get you anywhere.

Comment

schedules out now, looks to be a fun winter instead of playing some local futsal, etc. Seems like the majority of the games will be played locally, with teams from CO and NM traveling here. Good news in regards to keeping costs manageable, etc. Hopefully the local teams have good showings so its a good experience. Will be interesting to follow.

Comment

schedules out now, looks to be a fun winter instead of playing some local futsal, etc. Seems like the majority of the games will be played locally, with teams from CO and NM traveling here. Good news in regards to keeping costs manageable, etc. Hopefully the local teams have good showings so its a good experience. Will be interesting to follow.
                          Sounds like Avalanche and La Roca played their ECNL matches last weekend. Heard Avalanche won 1-0 at least at U16... Not sure about the other age groups. With how bad covid is getting, it will be interesting to see how things progress, if at all.

Heard RSL Academy suspended operations until January as well due to staff having covid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X