NEFC President Email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What comes around, goes around. Any club would be foolish to attempt to sue over this. It’s just an empty threat. Nobody has the time or money for it. Treat your club members right, and you won’t have to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      100%. Just about 10 years ago. Multiple Scorpions teams were decimated. Now that the tables are turned, NEFC has an issue with it.
      This is true but let's face facts. Just about every club has people who do this.

Comment

This is true but let's face facts. Just about every club has people who do this.
        Agreed. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Comment

I'm a parent and I've recently been receiving mailings from the new club even thought I've never signed up for info there. It isn't impossible that the new organization is using coaches' access to contacts.

I have gotten a ton of unsolicited emails after my kids have played in GPS tournaments. Their waivers ask for your email. Not sure why for tournament purposes they need a family or player’s email rather than just a team managers email. I would guess the gps coaches who left to form Surf NE took mailing lists etc.

As far as NEFC is concerned players only follow good coaches. Even if a coach doesn’t recruit former players doesn’t mean the player isn’t seeking the Coach out. One if my children left NEFC at the end if last yr. We followed a former coach to a new club. He didn’t seek us out and he was very careful in responding to our inquiries. About 1/2 the team showed up a tryouts for the new club not because they were recruited but because they wanted to play for this great coach even if the logistics were tougher.

Comment

I have gotten a ton of unsolicited emails after my kids have played in GPS tournaments. Their waivers ask for your email. Not sure why for tournament purposes they need a family or player’s email rather than just a team managers email. I would guess the gps coaches who left to form Surf NE took mailing lists etc.

As far as NEFC is concerned players only follow good coaches. Even if a coach doesn’t recruit former players doesn’t mean the player isn’t seeking the Coach out. One if my children left NEFC at the end if last yr. We followed a former coach to a new club. He didn’t seek us out and he was very careful in responding to our inquiries. About 1/2 the team showed up a tryouts for the new club not because they were recruited but because they wanted to play for this great coach even if the logistics were tougher.
            Like any business, they are going to try and get all of your contact information. That is not unheard of. More contacts equals more chances to sell. You don't need to provide it. Trust me, clubs will find a way to get your e-mail. Some partner with facilities to get your contact info.

Comment

Click unsubscribe if you don’t want to be emailed, pretty simple

Comment

Subject: Violation of Coaches Employment Contracts

Hi NEFC families,

I write this letter to alert you -- the parents of one or more NEFC players -- to a developing situation that may affect you and your children.

NEFC has learned from various sources, including a number of NEFC parents, that several recently-resigned NEFC coaches may be trying to poach NEFC players for the benefit of another club. This kind of poaching is not only wrong, it violates the coaches' agreements with NEFC. We recently alerted those coaches of our concerns by means of the attached letters.

We are hopeful the coaches will abide by their agreements with us, including the non-poaching obligations those agreements establish. If the coaches elect not to, however, NEFC is prepared to file a lawsuit and seek damages and injunctive relief from them. This litigation will likely disrupt the upcoming season, including the seasons of any players who transfer to the other club because of the poaching.

Thank you for your continuing commitment to NEFC.

Regards,
                Brian Mazar - President, NEFC

Wow, panicked and pathetic. NEFC President threatening to use the court system to prevent children from playing soccer. But this is all about the kids right?

NEFC in a downward spiral...began when Hamblin left for Harvard...first the breakers partnership, then choosing Girls DA over Girls ECNL...then NB calling the ECNL "Mediocre" in a recorded zoom call. Backing the GAL which is copying the ECNL model but trying to convince parents that the GAL is superior to the ECNL with legitimately zero fact to back that up...San Diego Surf, California Thorns, FC Dallas, Real Colorado, Penn Fusion, Charlotte Soccer Academy, Real So Cal, NC Courage, United Futbol Academy, Dallas Texans just this year alone have all jumped into the ECNL but we are supposed to believe that GAL is better? How dumb do you think we are?

Funniest part was when the NEFC Boys ECNL announcement came out...

“Participating in the ECNL Boys is an exciting opportunity for our entire club,” commented NEFC Director of Coaching, Christian Battaglia. “We are committed to our mission of developing players in an elite environment. We embrace this opportunity to continue developing our players by exposing them to a fantastic group of ECNL clubs throughout the country. NEFC is looking forward to being a part of the ECNL platform for the 2020-2021 season.”

So the newly formed Boys ECNL is an "exciting opportunity", "elite environment", "Fantastic group of ECNL clubs"....and the Girls ECNL is "Mediocre" and not good enough for NEFC girls program....really well played NB...does anyone at NEFC actually speak to one another? Good for the boys but bad for the girls LOL.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next! And guess what if you don't like it and want to bring your child to a different club the president will email you and threaten to sue you!
                OH MY GOD.

Coming from all people, the rich retired man playing out a hobby who two paid off Scorpion coaches for basically full teams and loads loads of talent. It put his beloved club on the map and made the teams in those age groups destination teams, as some like to say.

The irony.

The karma.

So very deserved.

Comment

This so funny. NEFC and specially BM complaining about poaching and expecting gentlemen agreement. Can I please laugh? AHAHAHAHAHAH.

Comment

The question is can NEFC survive financially with all these teams and regions leaving. I know they already ask for a lot of donations to help cover cost of players playing for free is ver the past years. Not need base either but ability. Also with their tournaments cancelled which is a major hit also will they have to the ability to survive like Scorpions and other clubs.

People can say what they want about Scorpions and FM but he was able to keep Scorpions together during his reign even through some very hard times. He lost PT who formed his own club and took players. He lost BB, PM, FI, and his entire North region when DOC went to NEFC. He lost TM and KD to Stars plus his Worcester program when DN and JG left for Stars. My favorite is his entire boys program to the Bolts which kept them relevant because most of their DA teams we made up of South Shore players to include DC entire team. I am sure I missed a few but tell me another club that has been hit this hard by coaches leaving for other clubs.

Just like another poster said NEFC was build on poaching coaches from other clubs and taking players. So I do not feel bad for them at all and karma is a b$&@!.

Comment

The question is can NEFC survive financially with all these teams and regions leaving. I know they already ask for a lot of donations to help cover cost of players playing for free is ver the past years. Not need base either but ability. Also with their tournaments cancelled which is a major hit also will they have to the ability to survive like Scorpions and other clubs.

People can say what they want about Scorpions and FM but he was able to keep Scorpions together during his reign even through some very hard times. He lost PT who formed his own club and took players. He lost BB, PM, FI, and his entire North region when DOC went to NEFC. He lost TM and KD to Stars plus his Worcester program when DN and JG left for Stars. My favorite is his entire boys program to the Bolts which kept them relevant because most of their DA teams we made up of South Shore players to include DC entire team. I am sure I missed a few but tell me another club that has been hit this hard by coaches leaving for other clubs.

Just like another poster said NEFC was build on poaching coaches from other clubs and taking players. So I do not feel bad for them at all and karma is a b$&@!.
                      Every big club poaches players or is it parents that want to leave. In the end parents can do whatever they what because they write the checks.
                      Every coach can leave and go somewhere else most of them do it get paid more $$$ that’s a fact.
                      I can only think of a few coaches that have only coached at one club. There’s a couple at Stars and NEFC.

Comment

Mazar wrote the book though. Karma indeed.

Comment

I see NEFC struggling big time on the other side of the virus. Their threat to the coaches is absolutely laughable and garbage. There was already players movement with DA fiasco and the flood gate only got widened with this SE exodus. So long, NEFC. Nice to see you begging for players to stay and coaches not to take them, BM.

Comment

Half the kids on the NEFC SE teams were poached from other clubs by these former NEFC coaches and now Surf coaches who are now accused of poaching the kids away from NEFC. Kinda funny.

Comment

Not sure if already said but NEFC would never have become the club it is with poaching players from Scorpions when BB and PM came over with 3.5 teams and when FI came over with 2. What goes around comes around BM. They deserve everything they get and more.
                              FI brought 2 coaches and close to 5 teams. NEFC SS was a shell before that move. Of course FM caused the move and is still trying to rebuild the Scorps east.

Comment

NEFC is on of the biggest violators of recruiting other clubs coaches, regions and teams. When it happens to them they are biggest whiners.

That's pretty much why everyone hates them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X