Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Bayside Survive Exodus of Talent?

Everyone can see that Bayside is losing their most talented players left and right, on both the girls and boys sides. It is literally a parade out the back door. Recently there have been obvious signs that club management is becoming desperate. As a small club with very limited financial resources, does Bayside have any kind of a future?

Any honest person would say that they have serious doubts that Bayside will survive beyond another year or two. That sounds harsh, but it is true.

Bayside has always survived because they had many of the best players in RI, but this is no longer true. Bayside has never been known for having good coaches because most of their staff are terrible and we all know it. They offered players and families some prestige because they had some strong players because they have always been effective recruiters of talent (but certainly not developers of talent).

With RI Surf knocking at the door and much better clubs from Mass being a close enough drive, families in RI now have choices that goes beyond the rec soccer that Bruno and Mach 1 offer. Bayside's teams are getting much, much weaker and the prestige is gone.

Bayside doesn't have the coaches or the pathway to compete. DPL is utter crap and everyone knows.

What does the future hold for Bayside other than a death spiral?

I feel bad for bayside. They are well meaning, but... no development at all. They also don’t promote good sportsmanship. They have parents that are embarrassing screamers. I’ve been on the fields nearby and they have some classless fathers losing their mind. JA needed to fire coaches not offering development. He needed to sit out parents with tempers from games. And they really needed to stop focusing on winning at all costs mentality. I agree they can’t last with bigger clubs in town.

Comment

That is far too many words to say what many have already known for at least a few years.

Bayside is all done. They have nothing to offer.

Comment

They club is classless and they are in the dark ages. Soccer from 20-25 years ago.

Comment

Bayside-Bruno same same. They should merge.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Everyone can see that Bayside is losing their most talented players left and right, on both the girls and boys sides. It is literally a parade out the back door. Recently there have been obvious signs that club management is becoming desperate. As a small club with very limited financial resources, does Bayside have any kind of a future?

Any honest person would say that they have serious doubts that Bayside will survive beyond another year or two. That sounds harsh, but it is true.

Are you posting this as a parent, a competitor, or a disinterested observer?

Comment

JA just recruits, he doesn't develop. Bayside doesn't even understand the concept of development. Bayside is just a bunch of bad coaches, each with a bag of 4-6 soccer balls and some cones. Honestly, this has been brewing for maybe 10 years.

Comment

Bayside-Bruno same same. They should merge.
                Why? Because 2 wrongs equal a right?

They should both just go away.

Comment

Bayside is a junkshow. JA was a very good player, but he couldn't run a club anywhere but into the ground.

Comment

Why? Because 2 wrongs equal a right?

They should both just go away.
                    No I don’t think they are wrong or should go away. I think they are too small to be attractive to the competitive players. They are a dead end on the girls side too. But if they were bigger, had more resources to hire good coaches and start a year round development academy then they’d have a chance.

Comment

No I don’t think they are wrong or should go away. I think they are too small to be attractive to the competitive players. They are a dead end on the girls side too. But if they were bigger, had more resources to hire good coaches and start a year round development academy then they’d have a chance.
                      If you don't focus on development you are part of the problem in soccer in America and should get out of the way. That seems harsh but is actually true.

Parents are confused and clubs like Bayside are confusing them. Recruit a bunch of good players then don't develop them, but they win games. Parents like the wins, but the talented players lose because they could have gone further at a better club.

Comment

OMG, I love this thread except that it is a few years too late!

Everybody started figuring out that Bayside was a dead end a few years ago. That is why the real talent, like my son, has been fleeing.

Comment

Surf the wave!!!!

Comment

JA just recruits, he doesn't develop. Bayside doesn't even understand the concept of development. Bayside is just a bunch of bad coaches, each with a bag of 4-6 soccer balls and some cones. Honestly, this has been brewing for maybe 10 years.
                            are you saying this because you're pouting or upset? Was you son/daughter cut from their team, not enough playing time, or your team was defeated by Bayside? Because bayside is easily the best team in RI all ages

Comment

This thread is giving me life!! Thank you! Facts!
                              The parents new to club definitely need to know about clubs like this.
                              We too had a bad experience as did many of my kids friends.
                              Coaches with egos. Girls go nowhere. But... I do like AF on the boys side. Real talented guy.
                              AF should be a full time Revs coach or trainer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X