Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams clubs and towns are practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then she’s not a high level player. Those kids train hard on their own whether their team is training together or not.
    True athletes don’t need to train like the wannabe player.

Comment

Ok. Tell yourself whatever you have to about your lazy kid. True athletes are self motivated and have a desire to push themselves. Sounds like you don’t know anything about that.

Comment

SSS girls have been busy practicing as a team.
        Nice try idiot

Comment

Incorrect. You obviously weren’t a competitive athlete nor is your kid. Genetics only gets you so far.

Comment

Then she’s not a high level player. Those kids train hard on their own whether their team is training together or not.
            Pretty sure it depends on your kids age. The kids below 13 are likely not practicing much unless being forced by parents or trying to please their parents. No kid wants to be on line training or running drills with dad for two months. The COVID break probably gave most younger kids a break from pressure and run around. If you want your kids to quit and burn out yea sure guilt them, bribe them, shame them and force them to practice.
            Now high school kids that’s another story. They should be running and touching the ball. You are right. If your kid isn’t self motivated by high school doubtful they will play for a college team.

Anyway kids need to compete! They can’t do that from home. So towns and clubs should get on the field ASAP.

Comment

Pretty sure it depends on your kids age. The kids below 13 are likely not practicing much unless being forced by parents or trying to please their parents. No kid wants to be on line training or running drills with dad for two months. The COVID break probably gave most younger kids a break from pressure and run around. If you want your kids to quit and burn out yea sure guilt them, bribe them, shame them and force them to practice.
              Now high school kids that’s another story. They should be running and touching the ball. You are right. If your kid isn’t self motivated by high school doubtful they will play for a college team.

Anyway kids need to compete! They can’t do that from home. So towns and clubs should get on the field ASAP.
              Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better. There was a huge opportunity over the last 12 weeks for kids to get stronger, faster and more technically skilled if they have personal drive and motivation to get better. Hopefully there is never anything like the pandemic again. However it gave those self motivated kids, even those under 13, the benefit of more time to work on their skills and their fitness. Hopefully those kids who didn’t invest their time on improving their skills and fitness do it over the next two weeks before soccer can re-start in MA. Otherwise it will show how serious they are about being a good player and a good teammate.

Comment

Sorry for your kid if you attitude is they should have been “working” on soccer during COVID! These kids are very down, Miss friends and stuck in the computer. Kids need mental breaks right now. Most kids take off a couple months a year to rest their body anyway. Kids with injuries take off 6 mos or more so stop w the garbage of my kid is better than yours because they learned a new foot skill.

Comment

Sorry for your kid if you attitude is they should have been “working” on soccer during COVID! These kids are very down, Miss friends and stuck in the computer. Kids need mental breaks right now. Most kids take off a couple months a year to rest their body anyway. Kids with injuries take off 6 mos or more so stop w the garbage of my kid is better than yours because they learned a new foot skill.
                  My kid works on his own and he has fun doing it. It’s not “work” if you are motivated and enjoy doing it. Sure it sucks about the pandemic, missing friends, teammates, games, etc. Exercise has been a great relief for many doing the pandemic, including me.

There are only so many Zoom meetings and time on a computer anyone can take. We all want our kids to be social, have fun and learn skills which will help them later on in life. Hopefully our kids can get back on the fields soon and resume life in whatever the “new normal” is.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better. There was a huge opportunity over the last 12 weeks for kids to get stronger, faster and more technically skilled if they have personal drive and motivation to get better. Hopefully there is never anything like the pandemic again. However it gave those self motivated kids, even those under 13, the benefit of more time to work on their skills and their fitness. Hopefully those kids who didn’t invest their time on improving their skills and fitness do it over the next two weeks before soccer can re-start in MA. Otherwise it will show how serious they are about being a good player and a good teammate.
                    You are a psycho parent. This downtime was a saving grace for the bodies of over programmed athletes so they could heal. The top kids on your child’s team will still be at the top. I’m sorry you’re so insecure about your child’s chances that you prefer to contribute to the likelihood of a stress related injury. Good luck with that.

Comment

You are a psycho parent. This downtime was a saving grace for the bodies of over programmed athletes so they could heal. The top kids on your child’s team will still be at the top. I’m sorry you’re so insecure about your child’s chances that you prefer to contribute to the likelihood of a stress related injury. Good luck with that.
                      So if you saw your kid outside, enjoying the nice weather, juggling or doing some drills on their own, you yelled at them to get back on the couch and rest? Because my kid is out playing some soccer in the backyard (among other things that she does outside everyday like shooting hoops, going for a bike ride, etc.), that makes me a psycho parent? I guess locking her in the house and forbidding physical activity is the more sane approach....

Seriously though, the biggest risk for injury will be to kids that did nothing over this long break and then try to come back 100% at team training.

Comment

I AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! I can’t imagine what these kids are going through. Hard for them to process. What I hope happened is that kids enjoyed other interests and time with their family. If your kid spent the COVID family time practicing juggling to 100 and copying you tube videos than you all wasted family time and your child’s time. This was a time to reflect and look at priorities. Soccer will always be there but this time together won’t.

Comment

Seriously though, the biggest risk for injury will be to kids that did nothing over this long break and then try to come back 100% at team training.
                          Your daughter is training for the chance to dribble in circles by herself when clubs come back? “Training” is going to be exactly what she’s been doing by herself for the foreseeable future. Guess what? That’s when all the well rested true athletes will get back in the swing of things and continue to surpass proud Papa’s little Mia. There is no season. There are no showcases. Players have until August to get in shape.

Comment

I AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! I can’t imagine what these kids are going through. Hard for them to process. What I hope happened is that kids enjoyed other interests and time with their family. If your kid spent the COVID family time practicing juggling to 100 and copying you tube videos than you all wasted family time and your child’s time. This was a time to reflect and look at priorities. Soccer will always be there but this time together won’t.
                            It takes less than 2 minutes for a kid to juggle the ball 100 times. They still have about 11 hours and 58 minutes left in the day for “family time”. Do you actually allow your kids any time in the day to do an activity that they choose, or is the “time to reflect” endless and mandatory?

Comment

It takes less than 2 minutes for a kid to juggle the ball 100 times. They still have about 11 hours and 58 minutes left in the day for “family time”. Do you actually allow your kids any time in the day to do an activity that they choose, or is the “time to reflect” endless and mandatory?
                              So you’re peacocking that your daughter trains for 2 minutes? Like I said, donuts in bed and still a starter.

Comment

Your daughter is training for the chance to dribble in circles by herself when clubs come back? “Training” is going to be exactly what she’s been doing by herself for the foreseeable future. Guess what? That’s when all the well rested true athletes will get back in the swing of things and continue to surpass proud Papa’s little Mia. There is no season. There are no showcases. Players have until August to get in shape.
                                My kid is doing what she wants to do. Every kid is different. But your claim that all of the “true athletes “ are resting and purposely not touching a soccer ball is absurd. If that’s what your kid is doing, great. But I’m sure she has plenty of teammates that are choosing to spend some time playing soccer. By your rules, none of those kids are true athletes and your kid will “continue to surpass” every one of them. Are you actually reading what you are typing?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X