Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fall soccer? It will be summer soccer. Leagues will be getting up and running by August, early start this year.
    It looks the same as last year. First real games on 9/10. I think last year was 9/12.

Comment

It looks the same as last year. First real games on 9/10. I think last year was 9/12.
      interesting, about a month difference. I saw Jeff Cup announced they're on for two weekends in august. Maybe we do tournaments in august and league gets back for Sept?

Comment

interesting, about a month difference. I saw Jeff Cup announced they're on for two weekends in august. Maybe we do tournaments in august and league gets back for Sept?
        Jeff Cup is having a college showcase in August?? Considering colleges start pre-season on the 3rd of August, that will be sparsely attended.

Comment

What do you mean a month difference?

Comment

No way all colleges will start Aug 3. The Power 5 conferences might but all the rest will likely be coming in when the rest of the student body shows up for classes.

Comment

No way all colleges will start Aug 3. The Power 5 conferences might but all the rest will likely be coming in when the rest of the student body shows up for classes.
              Not true. My kid plays D1. The season start may be pushed out a couple weeks, but pre-season will start in August. They are going back before the student body.

Comment

Not true. My kid plays D1. The season start may be pushed out a couple weeks, but pre-season will start in August. They are going back before the student body.
                all fall athletes have their due dates for preseason already
                could they change? sure but right now thats the schedule

Comment

Jeff Cup is having a college showcase in August?? Considering colleges start pre-season on the 3rd of August, that will be sparsely attended.
                  PDA is the same weekend- all the college coaches will be there

Comment

Football was already allowed back, other fall sports will start on time

Comment

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...irus-oxbridge/

Comment

Interesting...I didn't see in the article about percentages of kids who can pass it on to someone with an underlying condition or a senior who are more likely to die of corona virus than get hit by lightning.

Comment

Interesting...I didn't see in the article about percentages of kids who can pass it on to someone with an underlying condition or a senior who are more likely to die of corona virus than get hit by lightning.
                          Let’s be honest, my kids are more likely to die in a school shooting then this virus.
                          If I hear “it’s about safety” one more time I will explode.
                          BTW - chief complaint about kids returning is the teachers & staff. How about they wear the mask since they work. Right!

Take this opportunity to force out some of the older teachers.

Comment

Let’s be honest, my kids are more likely to die in a school shooting then this virus.
                            BTW - chief complaint about kids returning is the teachers & staff. How about they wear the mask since they work. Right!

Some older teachers are some of the best around. Many others have underlying medical conditions that put them at risk. Plenty of these at risk teachers don't want to be pushed out just because of Covid but have valid concerns. Each school would have a significant number of missing teachers. Do you think there's a supply of qualified teachers out there just waiting to jump in and fill their shoes? Subs? Subs are a joke. They're subs for a reason, and many of them are also old.

Also your kids can bring it home or spread it to others in the community.

Dont pretend this us easy because it isn't

Comment

this has nothing to do with the kids- this is about the unions and insurance and liabilities

Comment

this has nothing to do with the kids- this is about the unions and insurance and liabilities
                                Yup. The same type of issue for police. Police unions make it impossible to discipline or fire bad cops.
                                This is why they come up with 713 rules about how you must operate. It is a fundamental failure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X