Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No offense but not paying winter facilities or refs is not that uncommon among clubs. Guarantee quite a few are not paid up.
    Bullsheet

Comment

All the people posting and then back tracking once they actually read the case. And the bolts coaches sending it to players they want from GPS. Going to be some shocked faces when gps are on the field again. But I’m sure we will have more exciting exaggerated stories before that.

Comment

All the people posting and then back tracking once they actually read the case. And the bolts coaches sending it to players they want from GPS. Going to be some shocked faces when gps are on the field again. But I’m sure we will have more exciting exaggerated stories before that.
        Heard from a GPS family today actually. Their coach was laid off and told not to contact his players. The family has had zero contact from GPS regarding the remainder of the season, refunds/credits, etc. They aren’t going back to GPS in the Fall. That is one example among thousands right now that are playing out among GPS teams. Then there are the teams going to other clubs wholesale. What’s going to be left?

Comment

Heard from a GPS family today actually. Their coach was laid off and told not to contact his players. The family has had zero contact from GPS regarding the remainder of the season, refunds/credits, etc. They aren’t going back to GPS in the Fall. That is one example among thousands right now that are playing out among GPS teams. Then there are the teams going to other clubs wholesale. What’s going to be left?
          Hahahahaha thank goodness they reached out to you. A true sounding board

Comment

Ugh. My kid has been having 1-2 zoom practices a week with what I believe to be the GPS coach. Who the hell is doing these zoom practices? I’m going to have to call the police!!

Comment

https://risoccer.wordpress.com/2020/...tate-lawsuits/

Comment

Uh, what backtracking? The court filing is showing that their creditors are trying to force them into chapter 7 bankruptcy, which is liquidation.

Comment

This is unraveling quicker than I could ever imagine. I thought GPS would be done in 1-2 years. They are finished and will not open for business next Fall. Wow!

Comment

GPS won’t be able to avoid the creditors that are chasing them for much longer. No matter how much you love or hate GPS, they will be a thing of the past very soon and so will all the money families paid. GPS will most likely be liquidated before the fall.

Comment

This is unraveling quicker than I could ever imagine. I thought GPS would be done in 1-2 years. They are finished and will not open for business next Fall. Wow!
                      Hate to break the news to you but youth soccer in general will be a horror show for years. Most/many clubs will not be able to continue. Do you not get that?

Comment

Most clubs will be fine because most clubs don’t carry $2+mm in revolving debt...

Comment

Most clubs will be fine because most clubs don’t carry $2+mm in revolving debt...
                          Keep telling yourself that.... during quarantine people are figuring out that they don’t “need” club soccer. They don’t need the travel. They don’t need to constant drama between clubs, teams. They can save some money too if they take it down a notch. Things will get interesting, but all of club soccer will be changing ... that’s pretty obvious.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that.... during quarantine people are figuring out that they don’t “need” club soccer. They don’t need the travel. They don’t need to constant drama between clubs, teams. They can save some money too if they take it down a notch. Things will get interesting, but all of club soccer will be changing ... that’s pretty obvious.
                            Huge amount of people will not be able to afford this luxury.

Comment

Huge amount of people will not be able to afford this luxury.
                              Like who? Coaches and Club directors, etc?

Club soccer is a racket (not to say that other sports aren’t too... just focusing on soccer). People have known it for years. There is the constant stupid moves within the orgs like birth year changes, constant league changes, etc, drama amongst clubs and all that. With things always happening so rapidly, practices, games, tournaments, travel, then tryouts again to start it all over... Many of us could never really breathe and make decisions based on the best moves and situations for our kids (or players making decisions themselves based on age). This sort of unwanted time out (pandemic), parents / players may have woken up to the fact that they are ok without the constant pay more, travel more, D1 scholarship dreams (lol...).

The entire landscape will be very different in the years to come, there is no doubt in my mind.

Comment

$4,000
                                That is what I saved by not having spring season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X