Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Younger Age groups Seacoast is a better option. 08,09,10 will be a good group. Not a GPS parent but kid played against their top Pre NPL teams and they were good. Look through NEP schedules from last fall and see how the GPS teams did in 08,09. Juventes and Surf are gobbling up majority of GPS kids while Seacoast is grabbing some too. I think you will see a strong showing from those 3 teams
    Sea coast is one of the clubs struggling at the younger levels too. Their players jumped to surf so now younger kids siblings etc from sea last heading to surf.

Comment

I would definitely look at this group before surf
      Mass City is providing opportunities for dedicated soccer players of all ages to join our club for the 2020-21 Soccer season. We have teams that train and play year round for players on the South Shore aged 7 and older!

If you are a NEW PLAYER , who is interested in becoming a part of the Mass City family, or would like to sign up for tryouts, please fill out our information form here. If you have friends you'd like to play alongside, feel free to share this information with them.

Our tryout dates are below:

Sunday 14th June

10:00am - 11:00am: U8 - U11 Boys & Girls
      (birth years 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)

11:30am - 12:30pm: U12 - U15 Boys & Girls
      (birth years 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006)

1:00pm - 2:00pm: High School Boys & Girls
      (birth years 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002)

For your safety, our tryouts will follow any and all guidelines recommended by the facility and state health departments.

All tryouts are held outdoor on Field 2 at Union Point Sports Complex.
      170 Memorial Grove Avenue, Weymouth MA
      Im sure they have researched it and its ok to hold a tryout. Stop being such a wimp and let the kids play

Comment

Sea coast is one of the clubs struggling at the younger levels too. Their players jumped to surf so now younger kids siblings etc from sea last heading to surf.
        💯 false,Whole teams are heading to Seacoast in younger age groups.

Comment

I would love see how they are going to run tryouts in phase 2?
          All you can do is skill work and only have 9 players + 1 coach. You can have more than one group on a field but each group has to be 20 yards apart. They are trying to fit 8 groups(Boys and girls) at one time on one field. Also every one has to be 6 feet apart in their group it’s just going to eat up a lot of space. Unless they know they won’t get a big turn out so it won’t matter?
          Relax karen

Comment

Im sure they have researched it and its ok to hold a tryout. Stop being such a wimp and let the kids play
            Knowing their staff, there’s zero chance they put much thought into it and are rushing it

Comment

If Surf is taking players from Seacoast and GPS two weak clubs in terms of talent...SURF will be the one that is big but weak. To me it looks like SURF is just GPS wearing new jerseys. I never liked GPS they took everyone.

Another poster mentioned Liverpool. I think they have been the underdog for years and now they are going to come out on top. They are connected with such a pro organization and the kids are getting the curriculum straight from the best team in England.

If my kids were younger I would start them with Liverpool and keep them there all the way through the most important developing years as they provide the best player development I have seen. I wish my kids had that opportunity when they were young. We went from competitive town travel to a club team. Both boys are doing great on their club teams but if they had had that kind of development I know they would have been top players.
              Curriculum is great, but you need decent coaches to deliver. LFC has more mediocre coaches than most clubs in NE

Comment

CJ is a legend, he’ll have it all mapped out.

Comment

Younger Age groups Seacoast is a better option. 08,09,10 will be a good group. Not a GPS parent but kid played against their top Pre NPL teams and they were good. Look through NEP schedules from last fall and see how the GPS teams did in 08,09. Juventes and Surf are gobbling up majority of GPS kids while Seacoast is grabbing some too. I think you will see a strong showing from those 3 teams
                  Isn’t Juventus the group that brought GPS down? My understanding is that they were the whistle blowers. Called the feds on the visa manipulation and coach abuse. Can anyone confirm??

Comment

CJ is a legend, he’ll have it all mapped out.
                    Lol, ok CJ. Guarantee he think bill gates is behind this virus

Comment

Lol, ok CJ. Guarantee he think bill gates is behind this virus
                      They definitely have all their ducks in a row on this tryout haha

Comment

They definitely have all their ducks in a row on this tryout haha
                        Can’t wait to see how many other clubs turn up just to laugh at them

Comment

For the Cape, Personally I would go to Liverpool. This is a parent btw not a coach. Steel and Seacoast are having issues Liverpool is the only club not having issues and is actually growing and gaining momentum.
                          Liverpool is a good stepping stone.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2756278]Liverpool is a good stepping stone.[/

They are a good club. If they ever get into ECNL their players and older teams will stay with them beyond 13.

Comment

Can’t wait to see how many other clubs turn up just to laugh at them
                              Tryouts in the rain have fun

Comment

Isn’t Juventus the group that brought GPS down? My understanding is that they were the whistle blowers. Called the feds on the visa manipulation and coach abuse. Can anyone confirm??
                                Last Spring/Summer GPS sued 2 coaches who left GPS South Coast (Taunton) to help start Juventus. Not only did GPS lose the case there hiring practices were exposed leading to raids, investigations, 1 arrest so far for obstruction of justice - more arrests likely. Ironically Juve just hired one of GPS's top people, which is presumably angering some of the original Juventus coaches and likely the 2 ex-coaches who started the implosion. Odd business... if the 2 ex-coaches are on the outs w/Juve then I'm guessing RI Surf will benefit from the players following those coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X