Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCL taking the NEP over

Lots of clubs about to jump ship from the rudderless NEP after this mornings call about the CCL, brace yourself for a s##tshow of epic proportions people

Any more details of the call to share?

Comment

Let's stop with the acronyms. Annoying as hell. ECNL doesn't GAL vs. NEP in the NPL, CCL going to be mad at JA but AR looks good for DA but not GPS.

just type it out.

Comment

What was said on the call regarding NEP? Club Champions League is just the rebranded Northeast Soccer League which was just the renamed MAPLE. How does a league with a bunch of small clubs and town teams take over the NEP which has teams from every major club in MA?

I'm calling BS until I see proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What was said on the call regarding NEP? Club Champions League is just the rebranded Northeast Soccer League which was just the renamed MAPLE. How does a league with a bunch of small clubs and town teams take over the NEP which has teams from every major club in MA?

I'm calling BS until I see proof.
          Just a thought maybe some of the big clubs aren’t happy in NEP? Maybe some want to go to a league that maybe they can have some power.

Comment

Oh you weren’t invited to the call I see

Comment

Nope. I could get the details if I was motivated as I know people who were.

From what I've heard of the calls lately, it's mostly egos cussing each other out, especially the Bolts. Seems some aren't happy about Surf affiliating with Seacoast to get into the NEP. Others are pissed at some small affiliate clubs that slid in under bigger clubs and now want to separate and still compete in the NEP. Add in the complete implosion of GPS which has really run the NEP since it's founding and is now leaving a power vacuum and yeah, I get it. Lot's of drama.

None of that fixes the only problem that matters: putting cleats on fields to play competitive soccer games.

Comment

I'm not whoever you're responding to, but no kidding, brainchild, probably most people reading this weren't invited to the call. Someone who seems to have knowledge of this call comes on here and starts dropping hints about what the conversation was, and you go hard a-hole on someone who's merely asking wft the original poster is talking about.

Comment

Yes I was
                  They made a great presentation and the after thought is that this is the league to go to now. Nobody will say it but that’s the thought of most on there. No NEFC SELECT BOLTS GPS SEACOAST invites which means no issues with the league itself being controlled by these maniacs

Comment

Yes I was
                    They made a great presentation and the after thought is that this is the league to go to now. Nobody will say it but that’s the thought of most on there. No NEFC SELECT BOLTS GPS SEACOAST invites which means no issues with the league itself being controlled by these maniacs
                    That seems insane. Every one of those clubs mentioned above has competitive teams and I would argue that with those clubs mentioned you are talking about > 70% of the teams in NEP, maybe more.

Bruno, Bayside, Liverpool, SPOL and Valeo. Anyone else I'm missing currently in the NEP and worth mentioning? Not sure if FCUSA is still a going concern or got gobbled by Seacoast. Might as well call it what it is "MAPLE 2.0" or is it 3.0?

Comment

That seems insane. Every one of those clubs mentioned above has competitive teams and I would argue that with those clubs mentioned you are talking about > 70% of the teams in NEP, maybe more.

Bruno, Bayside, Liverpool, SPOL and Valeo. Anyone else I'm missing currently in the NEP and worth mentioning? Not sure if FCUSA is still a going concern or got gobbled by Seacoast. Might as well call it what it is "MAPLE 2.0" or is it 3.0?
                      CFC, WUP, Lightning, SFC and Stars.

Comment

Scorpions, LIA

Comment

Nope. I could get the details if I was motivated as I know people who were.

From what I've heard of the calls lately, it's mostly egos cussing each other out, especially the Bolts. Seems some aren't happy about Surf affiliating with Seacoast to get into the NEP. Others are pissed at some small affiliate clubs that slid in under bigger clubs and now want to separate and still compete in the NEP. Add in the complete implosion of GPS which has really run the NEP since it's founding and is now leaving a power vacuum and yeah, I get it. Lot's of drama.

None of that fixes the only problem that matters: putting cleats on fields to play competitive soccer games.
                          Why would anyone be unhappy about any clubs getting into a league, other than to protect their monopolies? It’s time to blow this whole thing up, and do a major reset? Have a league that is open for clubs to join, and have divisions, based on relegation and promotion.

Comment

Why would anyone be unhappy about any clubs getting into a league, other than to protect their monopolies? It’s time to blow this whole thing up, and do a major reset? Have a league that is open for clubs to join, and have divisions, based on relegation and promotion.
                            Great idea!
                            Let’s have a town team play a DA or ECNL...you are going to see a lot of goals!!!

Comment

Great idea!
                              Let’s have a town team play a DA or ECNL...you are going to see a lot of goals!!!
                              First of all, there is no more DA. Second, I was not talking about lumping ECNL in with NEP. There can be more than one league, but no need for 6 or 7 leagues of youth club teams in a state or small region. The NEP and CCL are redundant. Those leagues should be combined, and all would be fine. Nep and CCL already have several tiers, so that there is an attempt at parity between the teams. This can and should remain in effect.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X