Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they’ve got garbage, I’d hate to see what you’ve got my friend.

I agree that CFC branches have been pretty crummy but the United program remains the standard for girl’s soccer in CT

Not sure that I agree with the poster comparing it to small clubs, kids that play on the travel plus teams don’t have top level club as an option. A better comparison would be CFC sound and those teams are nothing special. A kid from SCP or AFC would probably have a better shot at CFC united than a kid from Sound would
    I have a happy kid. Not op, but three miserable pr1ck parents with their kids at our high school. What a joy these parents are

Comment

I have a happy kid. Not op, but three miserable pr1ck parents with their kids at our high school. What a joy these parents are
      I’m not in your town but are they *****s because their kid had success and yours didn’t? If their kids did well, they are probably happy as well right?

Everyone has different goals with sports. If the goal is to make a high school team then local clubs are a great option. If kids have goals beyond that then the local clubs might not be enough. BTW, hard driving kids are typically raised by hard driving parents.

Comment

Soccer

The people that think cfcu is the only club and everyone else should close up shop
        are comical. Yes if the kid is looking to get a scholarship cfcu is the way to go. The majority of kids are probably looking to play in high school And maybe d3 if they keep the interest. Local clubs are great for that kid. The anti high school soccer people miss out on the most fun a soccer player can have. Even college excitement is never the same The crowds at girls college soccer are normally a handful of parents. That is about it. unless you are playing in the acc.

Comment

I have no information but I’m going to guess the following clubs are done:

Celtic
          Inter
          Shoreline FC

Is Simmons Golden Eagles still a thing?
          Shoreline FC are the only club I have heard that are paying coaches in full and offered refund/credit for the spring season.

+ They have merged with Chelsea Piers which are managed by a billionaire so they will be fine.

Comment

The people that think cfcu is the only club and everyone else should close up shop
            are comical. Yes if the kid is looking to get a scholarship cfcu is the way to go. The majority of kids are probably looking to play in high school And maybe d3 if they keep the interest. Local clubs are great for that kid. The anti high school soccer people miss out on the most fun a soccer player can have. Even college excitement is never the same The crowds at girls college soccer are normally a handful of parents. That is about it. unless you are playing in the acc.
            I don’t think anyone actually thinks that. Local clubs are great but there are far too many. Collecting $3000 from a kid that plays JV as a junior is no longer premier or
            Elite. At some point, a local town travel club works well. Some of these clubs are more about an income stream for the owners rather than player development.

Comment

You have no idea what you’re talking about regarding AC or Revolution.
              It’s definitely true about AC CT. They closed up shop and terminated their entire staff. Sucks for them. I’m sure they will eventually return in some capacity but it’s going to look different. Can’t speak to status of Revolution but they are a small potato club and will likely be gone soon. I did hear from several sources that Academica are packing it in. Soccerviza also doesn’t surprise me. Didn’t they replace Green Dragons out of Norwalk? SCP has been dying a slow death for years. I would not be surprised if they were done. Shoreline in Greenwich is done, what about New Haven branch? Inter could be finished as well. Lot of unhappy parents who were leaving even before Pandemic.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear about Soccerviza. I thought they had some quality coaches.

Comment

I don’t think anyone actually thinks that. Local clubs are great but there are far too many. Collecting $3000 from a kid that plays JV as a junior is no longer premier or
                  Elite. At some point, a local town travel club works well. Some of these clubs are more about an income stream for the owners rather than player development.
                  Player development. Boom. Who makes your kid better? Go find those people

Comment

I’m sorry to hear about Soccerviza. I thought they had some quality coaches.
                    Never knew they existed

Comment

Player development. Boom. Who makes your kid better? Go find those people
                      Exactly. Lots of hidden gems but a parent has to do research to find them. Also I notice people here rooting for club collapses so kids go back to town, but are people realizing town soccer is a complete mess in most places? Even in so-called soccer towns, some with town premier offerings, the programs are suspect. There's a reason people flee from town soccer by u12.

Comment

Who’s anti HS soccer? It’s clear that you get your info from TS. Nobody plays premiere soccer because they are anti HS. Kids end up not playing HS because they’d rather play for their premiere team, for whatever reason (like their premiere team better, HS team is horrible, they may not have friends that play on HS team, etc .). It’s the most uneducated post on TS. Just because a kid is playing premiere doesn’t mean they are anti HS. Do you get all corona virus facts from Facebook too?

Comment

You blab and blab Nerd

Comment

You’re Mr Anti everything about soccer

Comment

Your kid getting a front row seat to Jacks best at St J’s?
                              The seat from the bench and a view.

Comment

Shoreline FC are the only club I have heard that are paying coaches in full and offered refund/credit for the spring season.

+ They have merged with Chelsea Piers which are managed by a billionaire so they will be fine.
                                Heard the oppo actually. They’ve merged yes, but no refunds of any kind at Chelsea Piers/Shoreline.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X