Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refunds

I have talked to our DOC and know that NEFC, Stars, Aztec's and GPS are NOT giving refunds. They will be first offering additional training and camps and then partial credits. It has also been talked about to cancel tryouts and keep last seasons team the same and make adjustments when games restart.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have talked to our DOC and know that NEFC, Stars, Aztec's and GPS are NOT giving refunds. They will be first offering additional training and camps and then partial credits. It has also been talked about to cancel tryouts and keep last seasons team the same and make adjustments when games restart.

Thoughts?
    This sounds like a good plan right up until nobody accepts offers. Who in their right mind would sign a contract for another year after not being refunded for this spring?

Comment

Thoughts?
      It’s going to be a court case eventually. Services were paid for which weren’t delivered. I know families who just joined teams for the Spring in February. They received a month worth of practices. Do they deserve a refund? What if they were a senior and a credit doesn’t work for next year? What if they are currently unemployed and can’t afford club soccer in the fall, how does a credit or camp help them? Bottom line is clubs are trying to get away with breaking the law, and the amounts owed aren’t small given we’re talking training, tournaments, and league play from March to June/July.

Also, very few are still paying coaches their full pay, even though most families were paid up on their dues. Seems like a problem... one that doesn’t go away just because all the clubs decided to do the same thing.

Comment

This sounds like a good plan right up until nobody accepts offers. Who in their right mind would sign a contract for another year after not being refunded for this spring?
        So let's say they offer a credit for some of it, would you leave? Where would you go if the top 5 or 6 clubs all do the same thing?

Comment

It’s going to be a court case eventually. Services were paid for which weren’t delivered. I know families who just joined teams for the Spring in February. They received a month worth of practices. Do they deserve a refund? What if they were a senior and a credit doesn’t work for next year? What if they are currently unemployed and can’t afford club soccer in the fall, how does a credit or camp help them? Bottom line is clubs are trying to get away with breaking the law, and the amounts owed aren’t small given we’re talking training, tournaments, and league play from March to June/July.

Also, very few are still paying coaches their full pay, even though most families were paid up on their dues. Seems like a problem... one that doesn’t go away just because all the clubs decided to do the same thing.
          ----
          I would assume seniors get a refund, others get credit or added training. You make the biggest point at the end...***, they collected all the tuition where did it go. Expenses are almost $0, how does that work!

Comment

I did hear that most clubs had already paid for spring soccer field rentals, wonder if that is true. I doubt Forekicks is giving refunds!

Comment

Can u stop making unnecessary threads? There is already a refund thread man. Look!

Comment

Thoughts?
                I agree with all of this provided they don’t expect a deposit until it is safe for kids to play. The older girls got very few games. There is no fall season. How do you hold a tryout when they made the team and then hardly played. If you’re keeping my money because nobody could expect this fine, but my kid needs to be told their team is waiting for them on the other side. And hold off on asking for more money.

Comment

Credits have no value for players that have no intention of coming back.

Pro rated refunds are in order. My kid’s team had a few weeks of winter training and one pre season tournament.

Comment

This probably falls into the same category, but what will DA clubs do regarding their spring season and refunds? While there is hope that NEP may play in June or July, DA is DOA regardless of things opening up. Setting up some scrimmages with local teams doesn’t cut when you pay $3000/yr and were looking for college exposure at showcases.

Comment

I agree with all of this provided they don’t expect a deposit until it is safe for kids to play. The older girls got very few games. There is no fall season. How do you hold a tryout when they made the team and then hardly played. If you’re keeping my money because nobody could expect this fine, but my kid needs to be told their team is waiting for them on the other side. And hold off on asking for more money.
                      I only have young players so didn’t think of the refund issue from the high school player perspective. Why wouldn’t any club issue refunds to any high school player when you only had a few months of preseason training..no showcases and no spring season. What are the Juniors and Seniors doing? Refunds for these ages are absolutely in order.

Comment

When youth soccer is turned into a commercial transaction, you have to expect commercial disputes.

These for profit superclubs put Profits before Players. It was true when they started, it was true last year, and it's true now.

As a business they don't care about you or your player. They care about maximizing the number of checks they can process.

All they care about is surviving until the next round of Marketing Spin to sucker people in. You're going to take your business elsewhere? No big deal. They have a dozen other families who will pay to play in "Next Generic Elite League" (or even worse, thousands of dollars for their 4th team with a "pathway" to "Next Generic Elite League"!)

Comment

We received this from my son's club BEST FC. No talk of refunds or credits. There is NO WAY I will be putting down a deposit till we have confidence teams will be playing this fall. Zoom is not an acceptable player training.

As in prior seasons, all current players will be offered a BEST FC roster spot for the 2020-2021 season. In order to receive a roster spot invitation, please go into your account and register for the “2020-2021 BEST FC Team Tryout”. Once registered, you will receive a player acceptance. There is no fee to register for tryouts.

· There will be no increase in team fees for next season.

· The initial deposit required to secure a roster spot will be lowered from $500 to $200.

· Families will have the option to pay the balance of player fees over an extended period of time.

· Families will have the option to pay the yearly fee in full and, in turn, will receive a $150 discount off of the yearly fee.

Comment

Clubs should offer all current players roster spots for fall season, and not charge anything. Families already paid for a spring season that didn’t happen, so that money should cover a fall season. That’s fair. By fall, there should be a better idea of whats happening in youth soccer. Clubs can regroup based on the the situation they are in.

Comment

We received this from my son's club BEST FC. No talk of refunds or credits. There is NO WAY I will be putting down a deposit till we have confidence teams will be playing this fall. Zoom is not an acceptable player training.

As in prior seasons, all current players will be offered a BEST FC roster spot for the 2020-2021 season. In order to receive a roster spot invitation, please go into your account and register for the “2020-2021 BEST FC Team Tryout”. Once registered, you will receive a player acceptance. There is no fee to register for tryouts.

· There will be no increase in team fees for next season.

· The initial deposit required to secure a roster spot will be lowered from $500 to $200.

· Families will have the option to pay the balance of player fees over an extended period of time.

· Families will have the option to pay the yearly fee in full and, in turn, will receive a $150 discount off of the yearly fee.

My kid doesn't play for Best, but small clubs like this are not likely to survive if they can't collect any deposits now for the fall.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X