•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama swine flu killed 17000

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Obama took 6 months to address h1n1
    i would not blame obama for botching h1n1. this was unprecedented at the time and he did the best he could....I will not be petty blaming obama for botching h1n1 and 17000 deaths.

It would make me just as stupid and hateful as todays liberal.

Comment

#TrumpVirus
      #WuhanVirus

Comment

Here is your bull****. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...23579720100212

You are a sheep and easily influenced by media and social media. Swine flu was a much greater threat to die than this is and obama did nothing compared to what trump is doing now. It took obama 6 months to take it seriously but the media and your slave mind did not question. Pelosi and shumer did not ask for more funds. Obama treated it like a regular flu and 1800 kids died.
        This is the CDC website, you imbecilic, Fox lapdog troglodyte:

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates_2009_h1n1.htm

Comment

Completely false. Vaccine work started almost right away after the first outbreak in Mexico (it hit here in April 2009 but we caught a break in the summer with the seasonality flu tends to have). In record breaking time vaccines started becoming available in December 2009. That is because we already had extensive flu vaccine research and production. Coronavirus vaccines are notoriously fickle. They never got one right for SARS. We also had antivirals to combat H1N1; as yet it is unclear if any antivirals help with Covid.

If C19 infects 10% of the US (optimistic?) = 32.5M cases = 3.25M hospitalizations = 325,000 (1.0% fatality rate/currently it's higher than that globally)
          Completely true you mean. Obama's administration in April 2009 made the same declaration "A National Public Health Emergency" that Azar declared 6 weeks ago for coronavirus.

So in your libtard mind you would be ok with trump doing nothing since than and for another 4.5 months? That is what obama did, NOTHING for 6 months and 1800 kids died, 17000 overall.

Comment

i would not blame obama for botching h1n1. this was unprecedented at the time and he did the best he could....I will not be petty blaming obama for botching h1n1 and 17000 deaths.

It would make me just as stupid and hateful as todays liberal.
            Except that multiple links show that he didn't "botch" it, he took steps right away and in fact vaccines came on line much faster than seasonal vaccines do. Attributed deaths were about 12,500. Even though kids accounted for almost half of the infections only about 1000 deaths were pediatric. One of my kids' schools lost a healthy 46 year old dad. As usual the elderly got hit the hardest. So, in other words, H1N1 wound up only being somewhat deadlier than seasonal flu (.2% vs .1% season). An optimist death rate of 1% for Covid 19 will still mean several hundred thousand deaths and millions of hospitalizations

Comment

Do you even understand what you are reading???? Your link shows up to 18,306 people died from H1N1. Making my point even stronger.

Read below it may help you but your mind is too stupid from being a slave all these years.

The CDC therefore does its estimates based on models, calculated by looking intensively at small groups of people, gathering data on overall reports of sickness and death, and reconciling the two.

That is also how the CDC comes up with its annual estimates for seasonal flu, and experts agree these estimates are far more accurate than counting confirmed cases.

Comment

Except that multiple links show that he didn't "botch" it, he took steps right away and in fact vaccines came on line much faster than seasonal vaccines do. Attributed deaths were about 12,500. Even though kids accounted for almost half of the infections only about 1000 deaths were pediatric. One of my kids' schools lost a healthy 46 year old dad. As usual the elderly got hit the hardest. So, in other words, H1N1 wound up only being somewhat deadlier than seasonal flu (.2% vs .1% season). An optimist death rate of 1% for Covid 19 will still mean several hundred thousand deaths and millions of hospitalizations
                There you go again not thinking for yourself and reading your propaganda to make you feel better about your stupidity.

Comment

Completely true you mean. Obama's administration in April 2009 made the same declaration "A National Public Health Emergency" that Azar declared 6 weeks ago for coronavirus.

So in your libtard mind you would be ok with trump doing nothing since than and for another 4.5 months? That is what obama did, NOTHING for 6 months and 1800 kids died, 17000 overall.
                  They started vaccine work in April 2009 and they started rolling out vaccines in December. That was record fast. Vaccines simply can't be rolled out in a few months. Obama authorized funding and other emergency measures. Schools did closures on an as needed basis. The disease was seasonal (as flu usually is) so the summer was a big drop in cases. We don't know if Covid 19 will be seasonal. Obama didn't downplay it.

Where Trump has royally phucked up

- firing the pandemic response team in 2018 + big budget cuts to the CDC (which then prompted even more to leave)
                  - ignoring the looming crisis by not listening the experts and assembling response teams
                  - continually downplaying it to the American people. Had he been straight with them and provided actual facts I believe much of the stock market and public reaction could have been avoided
                  - lying about "perfect" tests being available. They're not. Own up to it and fix it.
                  - I don't know who decided we needed to develop our own test but that was a colossal mistake. We lost weeks of valuable time.

Comment

There you go again not thinking for yourself and reading your propaganda to make you feel better about your stupidity.
                    Where's your facts?

Comment

Do you even understand what you are reading???? Your link shows up to 18,306 people died from H1N1. Making my point even stronger.

Read below it may help you but your mind is too stupid from being a slave all these years.

The CDC therefore does its estimates based on models, calculated by looking intensively at small groups of people, gathering data on overall reports of sickness and death, and reconciling the two.

That is also how the CDC comes up with its annual estimates for seasonal flu, and experts agree these estimates are far more accurate than counting confirmed cases.
                      Or, I could say 8,868 died and be as correct as you.
                      Fecking cretin. You are engineered to mislead, like your wet dream king trump.

Comment

#WuhanVirus
                        #TrumpVirus (Aka #WuhanVirus, aka #IneptTrumpwillkillyou)

Comment

Or, I could say 8,868 died and be as correct as you.
                          Fecking cretin. You are engineered to mislead, like your wet dream king trump.
                          Don't like to be mislead by over stating the facts. Boy you must really be pissed of at Schiff, pelosi, and the whole democratic party.

But I am glad you at least took the time to read.

The facts are obama got lucky that h1n1 is so close to regular flu so a vaccine could be developed in a short amount of time. We don't know how long it will take for a covid19 vaccine but you are on here saying trumped messed it up. Before it even happens.

AND you can't even admit the facts that obama did nothing more (for 6 months) than what azur started 6 weeks ago. Trump has done way more in the last 6 weeks and we have only 31 or so deaths. And most of those are from a nursing home.

You are fine that obama did nothing for 6 months but you crucify trump and there are only 31 deaths. Schools, sports, everything is closed and quarantined. But you say he is doing nothing. You are so deluded and a slave. How can you really fool yourself to this level?

Comment

I lived through H1N1, it was bad, but ultimately well handled and quickly addressed. 12,469 is a tragedy, but relative to annual flu season deaths, that have readily available tests and vaccines, it is a medical success story (outside of your partisan driven rhetoric).

Trump has done everything to suppress information, he won't even test himself after being exposed (or worse, he is lying about that too).

All these schools and sports closures? Those have been ENTIRELY self-directed, with no effective guidance from our dunce king.

And finally, Obama is the past. So is Herbert Hoover and Woodrow wilson. The issue at hand is what is happening today. And today we have a very stupid, self centered, sociopathic criminal unable to lead us through a national health crisis.

You want to keep waving your pom-poms for him, go ahead. But everyone else has legitimate reasons to worry.

Comment

I'll save con the time

"During the pandemic, CDC provided estimates of the numbers of 2009 H1N1 cases, hospitalizations and deaths on seven different occasions. Final estimates were published in 2011. These final estimates were that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1"

A low ballpark estimate for Covid 19 hospitalizations is at least 1.3M.

Comment

I lived through H1N1, it was bad, but ultimately well handled and quickly addressed. 12,469 is a tragedy, but relative to annual flu season deaths, that have readily available tests and vaccines, it is a medical success story (outside of your partisan driven rhetoric).

Trump has done everything to suppress information, he won't even test himself after being exposed (or worse, he is lying about that too).

All these schools and sports closures? Those have been ENTIRELY self-directed, with no effective guidance from our dunce king.

And finally, Obama is the past. So is Herbert Hoover and Woodrow wilson. The issue at hand is what is happening today. And today we have a very stupid, self centered, sociopathic criminal unable to lead us through a national health crisis.

You want to keep waving your pom-poms for him, go ahead. But everyone else has legitimate reasons to worry.
                                Yes, keep it focused on the here and now. Fortunately business leaders and some state governors are taking the lead in many areas. Others are living in denial.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X