Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I had to choose between AP from FC or ML from westside I would take AP EVERY time. No comparison, I would take AP over 3/4 of the existing TA roster....
    Who is the 1/4 of the TA roster that you wouldn't take AP over?

Comment

Who is the 1/4 of the TA roster that you wouldn't take AP over?
      Lemme guess: RF, TE, GM, and ZA?

Comment

If I had to choose between AP from FC or ML from westside I would take AP EVERY time. No comparison, I would take AP over 3/4 of the existing TA roster....
        Then why isn't he there? You must be an FC homer!

Comment

Lemme guess: RF, TE, GM, and ZA?
          No not a FC homer at all and in fact would say one of the kids who was advanced 2 years ago (you can assume who) when he left no longer belongs and the “wrong goalie” from FC ended up on the TA roster. Without naming names a midfielder and few who are playing d and a few wing/strikers belong the rest should be chit canned- all but 2 westside defects should be gone, pcu duo do not belong, most of the ADF crew should be gone and jury is out on many others...

Comment

No not a FC homer at all and in fact would say one of the kids who was advanced 2 years ago (you can assume who) when he left no longer belongs and the “wrong goalie” from FC ended up on the TA roster. Without naming names a midfielder and few who are playing d and a few wing/strikers belong the rest should be chit canned- all but 2 westside defects should be gone, pcu duo do not belong, most of the ADF crew should be gone and jury is out on many others...
            Agreed!
            This is the thing with American sports. Kids get called good early and don’t work to develop further

Comment

I was at the SCA tryouts this week and there were many familiar faces there. At least one top player from 4 of the USSDA teams!

Comment

I was at the SCA tryouts this week and there were many familiar faces there. At least one top player from 4 of the USSDA teams!
                Was SCA holding 05 tryouts a week early?

Comment

Yep! Wednesday & Thursday!

Comment

No Tryout restrictions

SCA has no tryout restrictions since they aren't in a league.

How hard is it to make a team that doesn't have a league ?

Comment

Not sure it would be called “tryouts” when everyone who shows up and is stupid enough to take a spot makes it

Comment

WashT 4, Westside 0. Recap later tonight.

Comment

funny- westside was running it’s piehole a few weeks ago

Comment

funny- westside was running it’s piehole a few weeks ago
                            Meh. WashT are tough on Harmony, it suits GS and MS well. And good teams can have bad games, it happens.

Comment

Last week, Westside beat UPDX 3-1, but played a poor game. The warning was issued--here in this column, and I'm sure by the coaching staff as well--that if that happens against a good team, the results won't be pretty.

Today it happened against a good team, and Westside received the same treatment as Barcelona did at Anfield earlier this week.

GS managed two goals on get-behind-the-backline plays. This doesn't bother me so much; he did that to us twice last time as well, and when he gets a head of steam going, he's awfully difficult to run down. But last time these two teams met, those were the only two goals that WashT managed to score, and Westside countered with three of their own.

This time, the entire team basically stank. Nobody will have their praises sung today. The team was flat--getting beaten to most loose balls, standing around and losing their man, hospital passes, you name it. Despite that there were a few chances, but none converted. And the other two goals that WashT scored were simply players eluding their marks and getting open shots, errors that shouldn't happen.

This week, of course, are tryouts for many of the Oregon clubs at U15 and above. Some of the players--I ain't sayin' who--looked a bit checked out in this one.

Tomorrow it's OPFC, who didn't have a game today and are well-rested. Westside can still finish on top if they beat OPFC and Capital next week, but given that OPFC's final game is against UPDX, two wins is probably the only way to do it.

Last season, there were two 4-0 beatdowns between these two teams; one administered by each team. This year, history is repeated.

Comment

FC 3, UPDX 2.
                                This was a very lopsided game for 70 minutes with FC up 3-0, but that is when the wheels fell off. The lack of a quality bench for FC showed up big time as several starters got subbed out to give playing time to some boys that don't get a lot of minutes. Before everyone knew it the score was 3-2 and UPDX was threatening to equalize. FC was able to hang on despite the last 10 minutes being very sloppy in possession and even worse in marking up on defense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X