X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No way this is true.
    Valeo spoke about a sliding schedule schedule as well as practices. FCUSA coaches also said the expect practices soon as well as possible games against other clubs in phase 3. Clubs do not want to cancel the season because then they will be on the hook for reimbursements. It makes sense from a business perspective to hold Out hope. EDP cancelled their season a few days ago so who knows

Comment

Yes we were told the same from our club. Trying to get practices going in two weeks and games in July and Aug. We will be in phase 2 practices, phase 3 for games. Same as above poster, trying to prevent reimbursements and trying to get families to come back next year. We won't pay a dime for next year without something happening this summer!

Comment

NEFC already gave refunds so I'd say they are out.

Comment

No way this is true.
          Season is done.

Comment

Yes we were told the same from our club. Trying to get practices going in two weeks and games in July and Aug. We will be in phase 2 practices, phase 3 for games. Same as above poster, trying to prevent reimbursements and trying to get families to come back next year. We won't pay a dime for next year without something happening this summer!
            We were told the same thing. We have two children in the same club and each coach gave us roughly the same response, although one was more pessimistic than the other. I don’t see how a season is held but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Comment

We were told the same thing. We have two children in the same club and each coach gave us roughly the same response, although one was more pessimistic than the other. I don’t see how a season is held but nothing would surprise me at this point.
              If we're lucky we're in Phase 3 a solid month ahead of fall season and maybe have a summer festival or playoffs or something.

Comment

If we're lucky we're in Phase 3 a solid month ahead of fall season and maybe have a summer festival or playoffs or something.
                Some states are doing 4v4 tournaments and a shortened 4-5 week season with 2 games a weekend

Comment

There’s no way a season happens, no chance they can get enough clubs to commit, changing teams, summer schedules are different, and safety for some people. They’re idiotic if they try

Comment

It has been clear for years that strong NPL teams like NEFC and SSS, even at older age groups, can tie and beat weak to mid level ECNL teams. This isn’t something local ECNL clubs want advertised but it’s true. NEFC and SSS have put their NPL teams up against Scorpions or Stars ECNL over the years. This includes recently when their NPL teams were second teams. There isn’t nearly the drubbing you would expect reading the hype on this board. Choose the team and path that’s right for your kid. There are NPL players who will play D1, and ECNL players who will play D3. If they are happy with their fit it all worked out in the end.
                    Would love to see those results. Please share as I am interested to see how those teams did against top ECNL clubs !

Comment

Would love to see those results. Please share as I am interested to see how those teams did against top ECNL clubs !
                      Look around a bit at past results if you don't know them already. Don't just pretend you're too lazy to look.

Comment

Page 6 of this thread links were posted. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=163026&page=6

You could also check out the SSS or NEFC Got Soccer pages for their main NPL teams. Look at game history and scores. You’ll see the few times per year they play ECNL teams and the scores.

Comment

SSS isn't the right results to look at. They bring in players from their DA teams. It's not their true NPL team.

Comment

Expect communication today or tomorrow that the league is cancelled and your club might still try to offer something over the Summer.

Was told to keep doing our online "coaching" (weekly zoom calls) because we might try to do something within the club this Summer. I have nothing left to say to my soccer players via zoom. Please just end the misery of this season and focus on making next year the best that it can be.

Comment

Expect communication today or tomorrow that the league is cancelled and your club might still try to offer something over the Summer.

Was told to keep doing our online "coaching" (weekly zoom calls) because we might try to do something within the club this Summer. I have nothing left to say to my soccer players via zoom. Please just end the misery of this season and focus on making next year the best that it can be.
                              Didn’t EDP cancel their season already ?

Comment

Also it’s unlikely local NPL teams are playing top ECNL teams in national tournaments. If they are, they are probably losing pretty badly. Top ECNL teams have National team players and kids going to North Carolina, Duke, etc. They are stacked with talent. The bottom half of their rosters might have similar talent to some on the NPL team but most second team NPL clubs can’t compete with the top half talent of those ECNL clubs.

Even mediocre ECNL clubs often have 2 or 3 kids who are top 10 players in their state. Good NPL teams can hang with the remainder of the roster and play as a team to pull off the tie or win. I’ve seen it happen at several age groups over the last few years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X