•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You forgot the most important one.
    8. You’re an idiot

No GOOD club has only 18 on a roster. 2-3 injuries and a batmitzvah and you’re down to 12. With the league sub rules and back to back games, it simply doesn’t work. 22 is ideal. 26 a bit much but some people would rather be 26 on the ECNL than play NPL. They usually end up regretting it, but it’s their call to make.

CFC is very good with recruiting. The coaches usually sit down and go over the process with each family. And they obviously don’t focus only on 2-3 kids when most of the roster gets recruited. That’s a silly statement.

Playing time is not an issue at CFC. Players usually end up playing with the NPL, Composite or 18 ECNL team because those teams tend to be light on away trips. Plenty to complain about at CFC and every club, but PT isn’t one of them. They even play everyone evenly at tournaments, unlike OW.
    Thanks Matt! same old answer rinse and repeat. Got any more snake oil?

Comment

nonsense. Kids play and play all the time. It just might not always be on their "team" - it could be NPL one week or the composite team. ECNL sub rules also make it easier to sub kids in and out vs GDA. FSA rosters tend to be smaller so no doubt players get more consistent PT. But you're trading off generally weaker coaching and weaker recruiting at FSA. Families would rather take their chances with CFC.
      I call ______ Whats the word I am looking for?

Comment

I call ______ Whats the word I am looking for?
        truth
        reality
        #fsasucks

Comment

Thanks Matt! same old answer rinse and repeat. Got any more snake oil?
          You're welcome Mick, or Rick

Comment

That will all be fixed once CFC introduces ECNL East and West teams come fall 2019
            ECNL will never let that happen!

Comment

You forgot the most important one.
              8. You’re an idiot

No GOOD club has only 18 on a roster. 2-3 injuries and a batmitzvah and you’re down to 12. With the league sub rules and back to back games, it simply doesn’t work. 22 is ideal. 26 a bit much but some people would rather be 26 on the ECNL than play NPL. They usually end up regretting it, but it’s their call to make.

CFC is very good with recruiting. The coaches usually sit down and go over the process with each family. And they obviously don’t focus only on 2-3 kids when most of the roster gets recruited. That’s a silly statement.

Playing time is not an issue at CFC. Players usually end up playing with the NPL, Composite or 18 ECNL team because those teams tend to be light on away trips. Plenty to complain about at CFC and every club, but PT isn’t one of them. They even play everyone evenly at tournaments, unlike OW.
              I predicted months ago playing time was going to be an issue this Spring. All rosters are bloated, even the U18 ECNL and U18 Composite. I think what CFC management didn't anticipate is the U18 ECNL team has 24 kids that are going on to play college soccer and aren't just not showing up like past U18 teams have. Very competitive bunch. So with a full rosters on older teams there isn't much overflow each week for younger ages so many kids just asked stay home. 13-15 game season and $3k, then being asked to sit out, creates some unhappy folks.

Comment

I predicted months ago playing time was going to be an issue this Spring. All rosters are bloated, even the U18 ECNL and U18 Composite. I think what CFC management didn't anticipate is the U18 ECNL team has 24 kids that are going on to play college soccer and aren't just not showing up like past U18 teams have. Very competitive bunch. So with a full rosters on older teams there isn't much overflow each week for younger ages so many kids just asked stay home. 13-15 game season and $3k, then being asked to sit out, creates some unhappy folks.
                I remember countless comments last year that all parents were aware of the large rosters and happy to pay the money. Seems like trouble in paradise.

Comment

I remember countless comments last year that all parents were aware of the large rosters and happy to pay the money. Seems like trouble in paradise.
                  Funny thing is, it wasn’t an issue then and won’t be an issue now. #nottheirfirstrodeo

Comment

Funny thing is, it wasn’t an issue then and won’t be an issue now. #nottheirfirstrodeo
                    https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/30/1...ailure-success

Comment

I love last line, Adapt or Die. CFC don't be lazy and arrogant, think of ways to better serve your customers. It doesn't have to be at your expense. Provide additional programming, alumni programs, strength/agility training, ACL prevention, bring in outside experts, etc. Do it right and you can generate revenue. Bloating your rosters and then saying that it is the parents responsibility to better understand your business model is weak and not a long term solution. You know all parents think their kid is an outlier so the current kids on team from 20-26 are going to be very unhappy and will most likely leave. You don't care, we get it, but someone is going to come around do it better. Ask SCP and Yankee...

Comment

So you are telling me parents paid $3,500 for their kids to be a training player and play in few, if any games, on any CFC United teams? If that is the case, I hope the parents that dropped this amount of money were made aware that there kids were there to train and not play in games. Does FSA do this as well?
                        No, FSA has good coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts per DD FSA dad.

Comment

No, FSA has good coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts per DD FSA dad.
                          love the new GS flavors

Comment

See, every beef on here is true.

1. there's a group of kids on that 2003 team that are talented, but have attitudes
                            2. the coach/mgmt/whoever play those kids even if it kills team chemistry
                            3. the coach is checked out
                            4. there's a group of toxic, whining parents that add to the bad mix
                            5. there's too many players on every CFC united roster, which means you have at least 3-4 unhappy kids and unhappy parents, but, since there's people willing to pay the $$$, you get what you get
                            6. CFC mgmt only ever cares or makes an effort for 2-3 girls per age group where they know they kid is an easy college commit. Where it takes some time/effort, they aren't overly interested in investing the time/effort for the kid who is #6 or lower in the pecking order
                            7. sometimes certain age groups seem to have more talented kids than other ages. It's just a weird crap shoot

What did I miss? There's plenty of blame to go around to all sides. Not an either-or here.
                            No. 6 not true at least from our personal experience. Very good college outcome for our kid despite not being top "2-3." CFC coaches explained the process, worked their connections and gave honest feedback. The rest was up to our kid, as it should be.

Comment

See, every beef on here is true.

1. there's a group of kids on that 2003 team that are talented, but have attitudes
                              2. the coach/mgmt/whoever play those kids even if it kills team chemistry
                              3. the coach is checked out
                              4. there's a group of toxic, whining parents that add to the bad mix
                              5. there's too many players on every CFC united roster, which means you have at least 3-4 unhappy kids and unhappy parents, but, since there's people willing to pay the $$$, you get what you get
                              6. CFC mgmt only ever cares or makes an effort for 2-3 girls per age group where they know they kid is an easy college commit. Where it takes some time/effort, they aren't overly interested in investing the time/effort for the kid who is #6 or lower in the pecking order
                              7. sometimes certain age groups seem to have more talented kids than other ages. It's just a weird crap shoot

What did I miss? There's plenty of blame to go around to all sides. Not an either-or here.
                              You missed:

#8. The lights... no lights to practice. That makes everyone cranky.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2447364]No. 6 not true at least from our personal experience. Very good college outcome for our kid despite not being top "2-3." CFC coaches explained the process, worked their connections and gave honest feedback. The rest was up to our kid, as it should be.
                                “Connections” = current college scandal with CFC coach

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X