Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    aren't these the same as RBNY RDS? i don't think anyone really thinks NYCFC is recruiting from these programs, right?
    They 100% do recruit from their talent centers.

Comment

They 100% do recruit from their talent centers.
      providing my son's passport and birth certificate to nycfc academy admin, does it meant they gonna accept him or they just need my son's info?

Comment

Are these Talent Centers just for boys trying to get into the academy or do they also have girls at the trainings?

Comment

Am I missing something? I googled NYCFC Talent Center and found plenty of YouTube and Vimeo videos of their practices and the "cup" games they play at the end of the session.

I didn't go through all the videos but the few that I watched were painful to watch. If this is a "Talent Center", someone please show me where I can find talent.

My guess is in the videos I saw, we were looking at u14 kids. The kids I saw could barely make my town's A travel team... much less a solid premier club.

Before you go on the attack, I will admit that a couple of videos may not be indicative of the full program. Nevertheless, I had higher expectations for an MLS academy club. Even looking at the coaches in the videos, they appeared to be young and very disengaged. Not much coaching going on. I'm sure occasionally a real prospect signs up and moves to academy, but everything i saw in the videos screamed "revenue-generating supplemental clinic".

Comment

Am I missing something? I googled NYCFC Talent Center and found plenty of YouTube and Vimeo videos of their practices and the "cup" games they play at the end of the session.

I didn't go through all the videos but the few that I watched were painful to watch. If this is a "Talent Center", someone please show me where I can find talent.

My guess is in the videos I saw, we were looking at u14 kids. The kids I saw could barely make my town's A travel team... much less a solid premier club.

Before you go on the attack, I will admit that a couple of videos may not be indicative of the full program. Nevertheless, I had higher expectations for an MLS academy club. Even looking at the coaches in the videos, they appeared to be young and very disengaged. Not much coaching going on. I'm sure occasionally a real prospect signs up and moves to academy, but everything i saw in the videos screamed "revenue-generating supplemental clinic".
            Please attch said videos to verify your hypothesis

Comment

Please attch said videos to verify your hypothesis
              Google NYCFC Talent Center. You will see a bunch of videos. Ignore the Viera propaganda video.

Comment

yes there is no denying that occasionally a player will come thru these "talent centers" and be identified as an academy player, but it's not a pathway and scouting done is thru DA, affiliate teams, and even PDP-type programs.

Comment

yes there is no denying that occasionally a player will come thru these "talent centers" and be identified as an academy player, but it's not a pathway and scouting done is thru DA, affiliate teams, and even PDP-type programs.
                  meant to say "it's not the only pathway" & "scouting is also done"

point being that they will take and find the best players no matter where they are.

Comment

Same with Red Bulls RDS. An occasional gem gets discovered, but mostly it's just a program for good additional training for non DA players.

Comment

My point about the videos wasn't that I thought it was a pathway or a "scouting" program. I just was hoping for higher level players. It looks like they take anyone who will pay. I don't think it's that different from any of the supplemental programs run by DA an non DA clubs.

Comment

My point about the videos wasn't that I thought it was a pathway or a "scouting" program. I just was hoping for higher level players. It looks like they take anyone who will pay. I don't think it's that different from any of the supplemental programs run by DA an non DA clubs.
                        uh, yes.

Comment

Any NYCFC City training are on these days for younger kids *invite only (U10 & U11) ?

Comment

NYCFC wins 18/19 DA championship from second year. Several Connecticut kids on team some playing key roles

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...-championship/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X