Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you read the posts, and you don’t know, then you have poor reading comprehension.

I will help you out.

Every “premier” coach on the site and every father who never played the game think they know everything and think they can comment intelligently on a player they have seen once or worse, never. Sometimes just from a stat line. In this case, hs coaches, college coaches, odp coaches all see quality,but a bunch of ts losers opined on a player they never saw. Made a million excuses. All state, must have been s. 70 goals....it was hs soccer, all rookie team...made it just by getting minutes. I just wanted to expose the idiots to themselves.

Thanks dad now go watch your kids miss every shot on gaol

Comment

If you read the posts, and you don’t know, then you have poor reading comprehension.

I will help you out.

Every “premier” coach on the site and every father who never played the game think they know everything and think they can comment intelligently on a player they have seen once or worse, never. Sometimes just from a stat line. In this case, hs coaches, college coaches, odp coaches all see quality,but a bunch of ts losers opined on a player they never saw. Made a million excuses. All state, must have been s. 70 goals....it was hs soccer, all rookie team...made it just by getting minutes. I just wanted to expose the idiots to themselves.
      Hey jackàss, my reading comprehension isn’t the issue. My issue was determining the motivation of the OP with starting this thread. Thanks for clarifying that your daughter received many wonderful accolades in HS but struggles mightily to find the net in college.

Comment

She’s a great player, but getting meaningful minutes as a freshman will get you on the all-rookie team. And no post season awards this year.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
        And get her replaced next year by the next big thing that comes in as a freshman.

Comment

I will help you out.

You posted a horrific stat line. She must play on an awful team for you to be proud of it ..... That and her coach can't do better than that line ....and she got a post season award ..... Must be a bad conference too. Sorry, she must do better or her coach will give plenty of other kids shots at her spot (it's not like he will miss much in her absence) and it shouldn't be hard to find players that can get a better shooting percentage with more goals for all of those opportunities.

Comment

You posted a horrific stat line. She must play on an awful team for you to be proud of it ..... That and her coach can't do better than that line ....and she got a post season award ..... Must be a bad conference too. Sorry, she must do better or her coach will give plenty of other kids shots at her spot (it's not like he will miss much in her absence) and it shouldn't be hard to find players that can get a better shooting percentage with more goals for all of those opportunities.
            Again, another idiot. I posted a YouTube link so you should know the team and the player.

Fukin re tard

Comment

I will help you out.

You are the idiot. Best kid i ever saw play in high school scored 12 high school goals. 12. Full boat to top 10 program. National team. Stop with the insanity. Myopic dads are the worst

Comment

You are the idiot. Best kid i ever saw play in high school scored 12 high school goals. 12. Full boat to top 10 program. National team. Stop with the insanity. Myopic dads are the worst
                Must have been in class s

Comment

Nope...just trying to prove you talking Soccer dbags don’t know sheet. Was all rookie team as a frosh n college. Also made odp region 1 pool. So seems like real talent evaluators know quality when they see it. You clowns keep your day jobs
                  When you present just a few stats what are people supposed to surmise?

Look at the 2017 CT All New England players. Can you tell who got a All rookie nod?

KR CCSU 1 game (GK)
                  TB URI 17 games no goals no SOG
                  LT Wake Forest no PT
                  GM Northeastern 1400+ Minutes no goals, 1 SOG
                  OF Holy Cross 16 games/4 starts 2 goals
                  CM William and mary no PT
                  LH Brown 17 games almost 1500 minutes 3 SOG no goals 1 asst
                  AB Georgia College 21 games 4 goals 16 SOG
                  EC Yale 5 games no goals

Comment

Again, another idiot. I posted a YouTube link so you should know the team and the player.

Fukin re tard
                    Your an idiot for posting details about a specific young women on this toxic web site. This debate could have happened with out so much specific detail.

If your a parent let it go.

Comment

When you present just a few stats what are people supposed to surmise?

Look at the 2017 CT All New England players. Can you tell who got a All rookie nod?

KR CCSU 1 game (GK)
                      TB URI 17 games no goals no SOG
                      LT Wake Forest no PT
                      GM Northeastern 1400+ Minutes no goals, 1 SOG
                      OF Holy Cross 16 games/4 starts 2 goals
                      CM William and mary no PT
                      LH Brown 17 games almost 1500 minutes 3 SOG no goals 1 asst
                      AB Georgia College 21 games 4 goals 16 SOG
                      EC Yale 5 games no goals
                      Ill tell you who definitely didn’t - KR, LT, CM or EC. I’ll guess GM, she’s a defender and that’s a lot of minutes, plus goals are irrelevant for her position. Possibly TB? However you didn’t list minutes so I’m thinking no. Not going to spend the time looking up all of this.

Comment

Goals don’t matter at all positions... Kind of a stupid point you’re making right?

Comment

Ill tell you who definitely didn’t - KR, LT, CM or EC. I’ll guess GM, she’s a defender and that’s a lot of minutes, plus goals are irrelevant for her position. Possibly TB? However you didn’t list minutes so I’m thinking no. Not going to spend the time looking up all of this.
                          LH is also a back. You are misleading people by posting a ton of minutes and then SOG, G .... SOG, G, A are important stats for forwards, but should not even be mentioned for a back. Unfortunately for soccer, these are the only stats that are ever kept for all players and the reason why we choose forwards from one level to go onto the next level ... they are the only ones that have measurable numbers in these meaningless stats for backs (and mostly for mids).

Comment

Goals don’t matter at all positions... Kind of a stupid point you’re making right?
                            pretty much. The way people look at the game is pretty insane. The engine of the midfield or the 4 that knows when to delay and when to tackle... all that good stuff is lost on most. The best players aren't always the goal scorers. I played with a kid that had 8 college goals (most on penalty kicks) but easily best player on our college team. What he did on the field for the team never quite showed up as a goal but a win

Comment

op here - some schools didn't post minutes only games played, some not even games started. That's why it was a mix of stats. And the point was just that - goals aren't a measure of performance, especially for certain positions. A great defender is priceless but they may never score one goal in college. But playing 14+ games or 1200 minutes as a freshman means you are an important part of the roster for that school. Some of those players, despite their HS awards, aren't playing at all. You should at least be getting some PT as a freshmen, even it's a few token minutes in the easier games.

Comment

op here - some schools didn't post minutes only games played, some not even games started. That's why it was a mix of stats. And the point was just that - goals aren't a measure of performance, especially for certain positions. A great defender is priceless but they may never score one goal in college. But playing 14+ games or 1200 minutes as a freshman means you are an important part of the roster for that school. Some of those players, despite their HS awards, aren't playing at all. You should at least be getting some PT as a freshmen, even it's a few token minutes in the easier games.
                                This thread started out though for the stats of a striker (hence the title). The stats posted for that striker are not good. They are indicative of either, a ball hog striker who does anything for their own shot, from anywhere on the field, with little or no quality or chance of doing damage, or a team that simply doesn't know how to build up the play and get forward in a timely fashion. If the striker in question is the top forward on the team, I would bet that team is in big trouble in any game that they face a decent or better opponent. Would be nice to know more and see which opponents the striker is getting their stats from (teams below .500 (or well below .500) vs mediocre teams or winning teams). It would not surprise me to see their goals and shots come at the expense of the more helpless teams that they played.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X