Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS NH College Forum

What an eye opener it was attending the GPS NH College Forum held at Bedford HS last night.
    The professional environment created by the colleges on show and presentation by JP was by far the most informative I've seen in a long time. From the very first view of the stage and coaches there was overwhelming for my young daughter who after the event was blown away by the amount of information and wealth of knowledge on view.

From what is needed and whats in front of her to get to the next level is astounding. Even though I as a parent try to enforce the importance of education this was totally enforced in every aspect of the presentation.

Well done GPS NH.

Just curious-what is the youngest birth year you would find this kind of event to be useful to?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What an eye opener it was attending the GPS NH College Forum held at Bedford HS last night.
      The professional environment created by the colleges on show and presentation by JP was by far the most informative I've seen in a long time. From the very first view of the stage and coaches there was overwhelming for my young daughter who after the event was blown away by the amount of information and wealth of knowledge on view.

From what is needed and whats in front of her to get to the next level is astounding. Even though I as a parent try to enforce the importance of education this was totally enforced in every aspect of the presentation.

Well done GPS NH.
      How many from the club are graduating this year and playing in college next year? It’s an uphill climb playing for GPS NH for certain.

Comment

Just curious-what is the youngest birth year you would find this kind of event to be useful to?
        Graduation year 2023 should start thinking now.

Comment

College Forum

Uphill battle ??
          Providence.
          UNH.
          Bates.
          Wesleyan.
          Merrimack.
          Bentley.
          Bryant.
          Sienna.
          SNHU
          USC Aiken

Not that bad considering.

Comment

Uphill battle ??
            Providence.
            UNH.
            Bates.
            Wesleyan.
            Merrimack.
            Bentley.
            Bryant.
            Sienna.
            SNHU
            USC Aiken

Not that bad considering.
            3 girls though right? 1 going D1?

Comment

I will never understand the fascination with D1. My kid is a senior and will be playing college ball in the fall. Would he have loved to play at Princeton or Yale? Absolutely! He also would have been OK attending there and never playing soccer again. It wasn't meant to be. Academics is and was always his first concern. Academic fit. Alumni network. Internships. Graduation rate. Financial aid. Etc. We were never on the hunt for D1 scholarships. It was always about getting into a top school which hopefully satisfied all his criteria. And if soccer happened to fit, that's the cherry on top.

Comment

How many from the club are graduating this year and playing in college next year? It’s an uphill climb playing for GPS NH for certain.
                Why such a dick? Your kid not making it at the next level?

Comment

The constant attempts to belittle others shows a lot about the poster

Comment

I will never understand the fascination with D1. My kid is a senior and will be playing college ball in the fall. Would he have loved to play at Princeton or Yale? Absolutely! He also would have been OK attending there and never playing soccer again. It wasn't meant to be. Academics is and was always his first concern. Academic fit. Alumni network. Internships. Graduation rate. Financial aid. Etc. We were never on the hunt for D1 scholarships. It was always about getting into a top school which hopefully satisfied all his criteria. And if soccer happened to fit, that's the cherry on top.
                    Your reason and logic have no place here. Don't you know? If your kid is going to a highly rated academic school, you're just jealous over the D1 kids. Sure, they might be on the bench at a low rated D1 school in both athletics and education, but they're D1! Everyone's dream. Don't dare dream of anything more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X