SUSC What’s the buzz regarding GDA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for the U17 GDA: 3-9-1 with only 16 goals scored and 30 against... looks like a so so start.

U15 similar story: 5-8-0 with 17 scored and 30 against.

Their issue is they still don't have the best talent NH has to offer. The better talent is still playing HS soccer. OR has a stud forward while Exeter, Central, and Hanover have the best 3 midfielders who should be on u17.

The best goalie in the state is playing HS for Lebanon while the top defenders in NH are at Bedford, Exeter, and Hanover too.

I have to agree with the earlier post about the top tier HS players vs. GDA talent... right now I would give the edge to the HS top 15 over the GDA girls. Sorry - just the reality. The Lebanon keeper is already a DI scholarship player going into her JR. year. The GDA keepers at U17 are DIII prospects, not scholarship material.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So for the U17 GDA: 3-9-1 with only 16 goals scored and 30 against... looks like a so so start.

U15 similar story: 5-8-0 with 17 scored and 30 against.

Their issue is they still don't have the best talent NH has to offer. The better talent is still playing HS soccer. OR has a stud forward while Exeter, Central, and Hanover have the best 3 midfielders who should be on u17.

The best goalie in the state is playing HS for Lebanon while the top defenders in NH are at Bedford, Exeter, and Hanover too.

I have to agree with the earlier post about the top tier HS players vs. GDA talent... right now I would give the edge to the HS top 15 over the GDA girls. Sorry - just the reality. The Lebanon keeper is already a DI scholarship player going into her JR. year. The GDA keepers at U17 are DIII prospects, not scholarship material.
      This post tells me you are very subjective and we all really shouldn’t listen to you. There are 3 other NH GKs going to college on scholarships - 2 going D2 and 1 going D1.

Comment

Where are the keepers going? no place special i'm sure

Comment

Where are the keepers going? no place special i'm sure
          Oh, shut up. Really. If a kid isn't going to D1, it doesn't count or isn't worth it. If they are, it "isn't special" or good enough. For who? You? Stop perpetuating the myth that soccer isn't worth it unless it's the tippy top program out there. Some of these kids actually play for the love of the game, not so Daddy and Mommy can have bragging rights on an anonymous internet forum. What a concept

Comment

Last night was advertised as only the 04 and 05s. Next week is 06 and 07. Curious what that group will bring. The 07s are still young enough where everyone believes D1 full ride is on the table.
            One person I have spoken to thinks a D1 full ride is on the table. That is a myth that people keep putting out there. Nobody thinks that. Whatever happens, will happen, but it's not the carrot those who are way too concerned with what others do say it is.

Comment

BOYS ---
              Harvard - Seacoast DA
              Bates - GPS NH
              Wesleyan - GPS NH
              Wesleyan - KUA/ GPS NH
              Bryant - GPS NH
              Colgate - GPS NH
              Providence - GPS NH
              UNH - GPS NH
              St. A's - GPS NH
              Wisconsin - GPS NH
              Holy Cross - KUA/Seacoast DA
              Merrimack - Seacoast DA
              Middlebury - Phillips Exeter Academy/ Seacoast NPL
              Trinity College- GPSNH
              CONN College - Pingree School/ Seacoast NPL
              SNHU - Seacoast DA
              Memphis University- Seacoast DA

--- GIRLS ----
              Merrimack - GPS NH
              Florida - Seacoast NPL
              Wingate - FC Stars MA
              Citadel - FC Stars MA
              UNH - FC Stars MA
              Central Connecticut University - FC Stars MA
              Holy Cross - FC Stars MA
              Providence College - Seacoast NPL
              Franklin Pierce - GPS NH
              Millersville - FC Stars NH
              Wesleyan - GPS NH
              University of Memphis - FC Stars MA

Which ones are the goalkeepers?

Comment

BOYS ---
                Harvard - Seacoast DA
                Bates - GPS NH
                Wesleyan - GPS NH
                Wesleyan - KUA/ GPS NH
                Bryant - GPS NH
                Colgate - GPS NH
                Providence - GPS NH
                UNH - GPS NH
                St. A's - GPS NH
                Wisconsin - GPS NH
                Holy Cross - KUA/Seacoast DA
                Merrimack - Seacoast DA
                Middlebury - Phillips Exeter Academy/ Seacoast NPL
                Trinity College- GPSNH
                CONN College - Pingree School/ Seacoast NPL
                SNHU - Seacoast DA
                Memphis University- Seacoast DA

--- GIRLS ----
                Merrimack - GPS NH
                Florida - Seacoast NPL
                Wingate - FC Stars MA
                Citadel - FC Stars MA
                UNH - FC Stars MA
                Central Connecticut University - FC Stars MA
                Holy Cross - FC Stars MA
                Providence College - Seacoast NPL
                Franklin Pierce - GPS NH
                Millersville - FC Stars NH
                Wesleyan - GPS NH
                University of Memphis - FC Stars MA

Which ones are the goalkeepers?
                Millersville is a 2019 and Holy Cross is a 2020 graduate and both are GKs

Lebanon GK is very good as well. Have seen her play many times. Hasn’t announced a committment yet as far as her coach and club is concerned so not sure of your information. Father is Dartmouth women’s soccer coach.

Comment

This post tells me you are very subjective and we all really shouldn’t listen to you. There are 3 other NH GKs going to college on scholarships - 2 going D2 and 1 going D1.
                  There is no way - the U17 GDA keepers from SUSC are scholarship goalies DI or DII. Where are the offers from and why are they not on the "commits" yet if that's the case?

NO college is going to give money to keepers that give up 30 goals in fall season GDA UNLESS the defense in front of them is horrible. Either way - there is a serious lack of talent for DI or DII level on the team if in 15 games you average 2.0 goals against in the elite level of GDA soccer. Sorry - I'm not drinking the kool aid.

I was a college DII athlete and a college assistant coach for 12 years before getting married and having kids. I know the game - the talent pool here in NH, and I watched the U17 play 3 times this fall. That team has 2 low / mid DI prospects, 3 or 4 mid DII or low DI players and the rest are all DIII material.

Comment

Millersville is a 2019 and Holy Cross is a 2020 graduate and both are GKs

Lebanon GK is very good as well. Have seen her play many times. Hasn’t announced a committment yet as far as her coach and club is concerned so not sure of your information. Father is Dartmouth women’s soccer coach.
                    Correct - She is a legitimate DI talent and she carries her HS team by herself. The team can't score and that girl sees 16 - 20 shots per game. If he played GDA that team cuts a goal or more off their goals against average.

As far as the Holy Cross and Millersville commitments - they are listed as FC Stars not SUSC GDA players. So the other posts are correct with their claim that the current GKs on the u17 are not DI or DII scholarship level.

Comment

One person I have spoken to thinks a D1 full ride is on the table. That is a myth that people keep putting out there. Nobody thinks that. Whatever happens, will happen, but it's not the carrot those who are way too concerned with what others do say it is.
                      PLENTY of U12 parents believe their kid will get a scholarship. If you don't believe that, you haven't been speaking to any lately. And I don't mean they think their kid is amazing and is going to earn one, i mean that they don't yet understand athletic scholarships and how it all works. They think playing DA will get them there, without regard to how they'll develop and whether DA is really the right program for their kid. I'm not trying to be insulting to players and parents of older DA kids who know better. I'm just talking about the misconception at the younger ages. My point being the 06 and 07 age group may see a bigger # at the ID day. I am the parent of one and I'm hearing this first-hand. Not necessarily a bad thing, good to get the girls in there, just pointing out why this is happening.

Comment

Correct - She is a legitimate DI talent and she carries her HS team by herself. The team can't score and that girl sees 16 - 20 shots per game. If he played GDA that team cuts a goal or more off their goals against average.

As far as the Holy Cross and Millersville commitments - they are listed as FC Stars not SUSC GDA players. So the other posts are correct with their claim that the current GKs on the u17 are not DI or DII scholarship level.
                        Where does she play club?

Comment

Last I knew she was playing Nashua WC SC

Comment

All the GKs mentioned play FC Stars. D2 commit plays Stars NH and the D1 commit and the other mentioned play for Stars ECNL in MA.

Comment

All the GKs mentioned play FC Stars. D2 commit plays Stars NH and the D1 commit and the other mentioned play for Stars ECNL in MA.
                              We are talking about the Lebanon keeper... not the commitment keepers.

Comment

We are talking about the Lebanon keeper... not the commitment keepers.
                                She plays FC Stars ECNL
                                She was at Seacoast. Prior to that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X