Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Match Fit has become a Ponzi scheme where the average player pays for everything but the better players don’t pay at all. Wonder why your paying so many fees for Match Fit. Well they have to get the money from somewhere to pay for the top kids who don’t pay anything. Next time you pay a tournament fee or coaches fee ask around and you will see not everybody pays there equal share.
    How do you know this? It's a non-profit, ask for the accounting info. If they don't give it to you, file a complaint with the IRS to check into and maybe pull tax exempt status.

Comment

How do you know this? It's a non-profit, ask for the accounting info. If they don't give it to you, file a complaint with the IRS to check into and maybe pull tax exempt status.

LOL. Non-pfofit ha ha. And do you think that means anything. Registered non profit does not mean non revenue.

Comment

LOL. Non-pfofit ha ha. And do you think that means anything. Registered non profit does not mean non revenue.
        +1+1+1 lmao so true! the American Red Cross is technically a nonprofit but go and look at how much their CEO makes a year

Comment

Seems to be an increase in Matchfit hate being spread now that STA is trying to get their players. They seem to be spreading lies around about everyone. Must be their new DOC working overtime trying to smear competition and take some of the discussion off the fact that he is a lunatic

Comment

Tell me if I am wrong but it doesn’t seem to be the whole of Match Fit people are complaining about on the thread .I haven’t read one thing about the boys program having problems but seems to be more of a Match fit Girls program problem. What’s the difference ? You would think the boys and girls programs would be positive or negative as a whole. Why the disparity in comments ?

Comment

Seems to be an increase in Matchfit hate being spread now that STA is trying to get their players. They seem to be spreading lies around about everyone. Must be their new DOC working overtime trying to smear competition and take some of the discussion off the fact that he is a lunatic

Why would STA be trying to steal anyone from Matchfit? Actually its Bucci that has been using social media to bash DA and try and sell ECNL.Actually most parents I have spoken with from Matchfit want ECNL over DA anyway.

No increase in Matchfit hate. Its been around for a while. You must be a Matchfit coolaid drinker. If it seems as though most bash Matchfit its because they are sharing their review of the club (and Bucci) The OP was asking for feedback on Matchfit so you are seeing peoples opinion. Most people I know at Matchfit actually agree with everything that has been said but don't care because their kid is playing ECNL and thats all they care about

Comment

Do you really believe what you are saying? Why would anyone want to steal Matchfit's players? Most of them are other club's B players that could not make other club's A teams. Certainly not the market that the lunatic or others are going after.

Comment

Heard another horror story about the match fit girls program last night. When will it end. Stop thinking it’s all about your ego coaches. Remember these are kids . Match Fit should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen. Why doesn’t the board step in and do something before the program is completely destroyed from the inside. Non Profits have rules about staffing.

Comment

Heard another horror story about the match fit girls program last night. When will it end. Stop thinking it’s all about your ego coaches. Remember these are kids . Match Fit should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen. Why doesn’t the board step in and do something before the program is completely destroyed from the inside. Non Profits have rules about staffing.
                    What was the horror story? Do tell

Comment

What was the horror story? Do tell
                      I recommend the previous poster not to share if their kid or friends kids are still in the program. Match Fit is known for it reprisals if you speak out. Girls Program needs a hard look at it from its owners or it won’t continue to exist much longer.

Comment

I recommend the previous poster not to share if their kid or friends kids are still in the program. Match Fit is known for it reprisals if you speak out. Girls Program needs a hard look at it from its owners or it won’t continue to exist much longer.
                        What reprisals?

I will share, my son is in college. We spent 3 months there, not a "B" player. We didn't pay. MF lies to you to get your child, and to "rip" me out of where I was, they said, come train and play with us, don't pay. Don't worry about anything.

It looked good at first, but then was a revolving door. Strong players leave, strong players come, no chemistry on field.

Then, comes the game when your son is "A" player on field with "B" players, and there's nothing you can do to change the result. Players are not playing or moving the ball fast enough, no more playing from back because last games' goalkeeper left and mistakes happen, the kids are not receiving far foot, the body positioning is all wrong and first touch is out of bounds, the kids start yelling at each other on field because they are outmatched, the parents go at each other on the sideline because why are their kids not playing at all, the excuses come out by parents saying just let them try, and you are parent of A player looking at all this and say, ***?

So you leave, easy right? Then MF holds your card so you can't go anywhere. Nothing is "Free" in life. There was a cost.

So, we wait out 3 months, and my son is free to go anywhere. The entire time, begging us to come back. Meet me for a cup of coffee, I will explain it all to you, BS.

There's nothing they can do to my son now.

Comment

What reprisals?

I will share, my son is in college. We spent 3 months there, not a "B" player. We didn't pay. MF lies to you to get your child, and to "rip" me out of where I was, they said, come train and play with us, don't pay. Don't worry about anything.

It looked good at first, but then was a revolving door. Strong players leave, strong players come, no chemistry on field.

Then, comes the game when your son is "A" player on field with "B" players, and there's nothing you can do to change the result. Players are not playing or moving the ball fast enough, no more playing from back because last games' goalkeeper left and mistakes happen, the kids are not receiving far foot, the body positioning is all wrong and first touch is out of bounds, the kids start yelling at each other on field because they are outmatched, the parents go at each other on the sideline because why are their kids not playing at all, the excuses come out by parents saying just let them try, and you are parent of A player looking at all this and say, ***?

So you leave, easy right? Then MF holds your card so you can't go anywhere. Nothing is "Free" in life. There was a cost.

So, we wait out 3 months, and my son is free to go anywhere. The entire time, begging us to come back. Meet me for a cup of coffee, I will explain it all to you, BS.

There's nothing they can do to my son now.
                          Horrible story and sorry to hear you had to go through this. It is a shame you didn't know this at the time, but a club can't actually "hold your card". Maybe for DA or ECNL it is different I'm not sure, but those aside a club cannot actually hold your card. They can 100% deny your request to them to release your card, but they cannot "keep you" as your child isn't under any contract (other than financial) Basically if you go into the US Club Soccer site and read the rules and stuff...you will see a section on player releases. I won't go into it all, but basically a player can be released two ways...by the club or by request of the parent. Release by the club is self explanatory...with release by the parent, there is a separate form that the parent fills out asking US Club Soccer to release their child from "XXX" Club...and basically there is ultimately no good reason why the club can hold onto your child when you ask USClub directly for the release.

Do a search for it and take a read...

Comment

You would think the owners would hear about all of this nonsense. Bucci is behind it all. I for one would consider Matchfit if Bucci left because it is 1 of only 2 girls ECNL options in NJ. But while Bucci is still in charge I will stay far away. I know many others feel exactly the same way.

Comment

Well from what I am reading there seems to be a very serious problem with the Match Fit Girls program. This problem is exacerbated by the fact there is very little oversight on what goes on. As a 501c3 non profit organization they are stepping way out of bonds on there actions. The board needs to step in and restructure before their nonprofit status is pulled. This would put an end to Match Fit so I hope the board realizes the seriousness of this .

Comment

There are laws that non-profits MUST adhere to in order to maintain it's status. The gov't loves to go after them because then they ask for back taxes on all revenue generated. You realize that as a non-profit, they don't pay even federal payroll taxes. They don't pay taxes on hotel stays; they don't pay taxes on food purchased for the team; the don't pay taxes on equipment purchased; cars for the program; cell service; many, many things. It's a big deal to have a tax exempted status. It's an even bigger deal to poke the IRS bear so they take a closer look. Haven't you been following the college scandal/bribes? The shell corporation was a non-profit.

I think the feds eyes are opened to how many sporting teams (not just soccer) are abusing it's non-profit/tax exempt status. The tax returns for not for profits are usually public. Check into it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X