2019-2020 ecnl id

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries - tryouts are for next fall season, not spring.

Comment

There are Ecnl tryouts ?

Comment

As opposed to just signing up and everyone gets a spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Is your 10 yo old enough for an ECNL tryout - isn't she an 09? Youngest is U13 so I think you have one more year. Her tryout is going to be later in the season - late May/early June.
          She's an 08 - turns 11 in April. I looked up the info on the Scorpions ECNL ID Clinic in a couple weeks and they are having one for 07s and 08s. While the site doesn't specifically mention pre-ECNL, I imagine that's what we're talking about at her age. Just getting into the pipeline.

Comment

She's an 08 - turns 11 in April. I looked up the info on the Scorpions ECNL ID Clinic in a couple weeks and they are having one for 07s and 08s. While the site doesn't specifically mention pre-ECNL, I imagine that's what we're talking about at her age. Just getting into the pipeline.
            Yes that's pre ecnl. But you don't have to get her into the pipeline yet if SHE doesn't want to (not you). Take her to the event to check it out. She probably would still have to attend tryouts in the spring. But don't make the move right now (assuming she gets an offer, she might not) unless she wants to and you think the coaching is superior to what you have now. Always go for the best coaching, not the badge, especially that young.

Comment

What about 04-03-02 ecnl,do those teams have tryouts ,?.Or is it by clandestine appointment.

Comment

For the older kids tryouts are later. They are about to start their spring season. Tryouts are after the season, early June.

Comment

You are an angry little man. I'm guessing your kid didn't make it on Boys ECNL...or high level NPL for that matter ( and yes, high level NPL travels around the country for tournaments also).

Why would someone do ECNL? 1. DA in New England isn't that good, 2. DA is too far for that person, 3. ECNL is a very competitive program, 4. ECNL gives your kid the ability to play club at a high level and play for high school (if your high school is D1 and competitive this does make a difference), 5. The coaching at ECNL is usually better than the average club team, 6. The kid likes his club and the club offers multiple paths for growth, 7. Good college programs usually look at higher level club over lower levels., etc, etc

If your son is in high school and wants to play in college on a decent team (decent = Top 200 D1 or Top 25 D3) and isn't in DA, ECNL or Super Group NPL then you are misleading them. No matter what anyone says on this blog...low level club players/high school-only players get recruited less than 1% of the time...yes, I have looked at many, many college rosters for their pre-college activity.

Go to an ID camp with at least 50 kids...you will easily be able to tell the difference between the DA/ECNL kids versus everyone else.
                  Wow, feels like I wrote this.

Comment

got it, this is a good place to start:
                    http://www.starsofma.org/ecnl/camps-and-clinics

FC Stars Dates Time Age Location
                    ECNL ID Clinics February 23rd 07's - 11:45am
                    08's - 1:15pm 2008 & 2007 Teamworks Acton

ECNL ID Clinics February 27th 6:30pm - 7:45pm 2007 - 2008 Suburban Athletic Club Indoor Turf

Comment

I'm sure NEFC, GPS and SSS will be announcing their own soon

Comment

What exactly are these ID clinics? We were told it was not a tryout?

Comment

What were you told they were identifying? Its to get new players into the club.

Comment

It’s not an official tryout, but more like a pre tryout and a recruiting tool for the clubs

Comment

It’s not an official tryout, but more like a pre tryout and a recruiting tool for the clubs

Not part of ECNL, so I admit this could be off (but I doubt it); the ID camp is like what was mentioned above. If you are considering moving to a club, and they are offering something like this, I encourage you to take it. Getting some familiarity with the club, and them you, before the cattle call tryouts a few months later will only help.

I've seen kids get so warmly received they actually jumped right there and walked from their spring season's team. That's rare, and I personally wouldn't encourage that as I'm an "honor your contract" type person. But I have seen it.

Comment

That’s poor parenting on soo many levels.Just walk away from your commitments,bringing up a true millennial.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X