Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barca Pro vs. SUSA FC: Where will the first game be played?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP here and yes I still disagree...signing ALLIE Long means virtually nothing to the majority of female players. Not the "big blip" you think it is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome, but when I told my kid about it-she was basically unphased, said-"that's cool". And before you start bashing my kid, no she is not one of the maybe 8 girls currently playing on Long Island that are truly elite, lol. Definitely upper tier player, but not part of the elite 8. And for the *truly* elite players, no way they're walking away from Paul Riley for Allie Long.
    Listen Jack ass... 1st - I'm not bashing your kid....2nd. If you are a susa parent and you favor them and you are committed to them and your kid is happy...stay where you are. If a good website is important to you...stay where you are...I personally don't give a crap about you or your idea of making business decisions based on a kids feelings either way.

My prediction still stands susa will be virtually non-existent in 3-5 years like athletico currently is (minus a couple current strong teams) as well as most local clubs on LI like brentwood, HBC, Northport East Islip, etc....

Comment

Listen Jack ass... 1st - I'm not bashing your kid....2nd. If you are a susa parent and you favor them and you are committed to them and your kid is happy...stay where you are. If a good website is important to you...stay where you are...I personally don't give a crap about you or your idea of making business decisions based on a kids feelings either way.

My prediction still stands susa will be virtually non-existent in 3-5 years like athletico currently is (minus a couple current strong teams) as well as most local clubs on LI like brentwood, HBC, Northport East Islip, etc....
      Local soccer will be fine. Plenty of families are not in a position to purchase super deluxe euro soccer lessons but still have a great time participating in youth soccer. All good.

Comment

Local soccer will be fine. Plenty of families are not in a position to purchase super deluxe euro soccer lessons but still have a great time participating in youth soccer. All good.

i agree up to a point about u13 which is the age where kids lose interest and drop out of the game for various reasons (main reason is they get cut from the school team and get discouraged and don't want to be benched on their club team either). Local clubs will be great for kids starting off in intramurals but will ultimately lose their better players to academy type clubs like susa (if they are still around in 5 years), barca, valencia, Juventus, ect.

Comment

i agree up to a point about u13 which is the age where kids lose interest and drop out of the game for various reasons (main reason is they get cut from the school team and get discouraged and don't want to be benched on their club team either). Local clubs will be great for kids starting off in intramurals but will ultimately lose their better players to academy type clubs like susa (if they are still around in 5 years), barca, valencia, Juventus, ect.
          They already lose lots of their better players and the ones that want to continue do so. Dont see that changing. Soccer is a fun game even if a kid is just playing at the local club level hat the family can afford.

Comment

Not sure why you're getting so angry or what gave you the impression I care about a website (FYI-2-3 different people were weighing in) or what business decisions you're talking about. I'm just saying if you step outside of the Barca Bubble, you'd realize very few people even know a youth program exists here on LI, let alone that they have a girls program.

I'm not a die hard Susa parent per se, it's just where my kid ended up when her former club merged with them. I am happy that they are playing in ECNL because that's the league my kid wants to play in. That in itself will keep the club going...

Barca to me is like Surf. Came in at a time where a bulk of players were looking for a new club. For Surf, it was the Atletico girls 02 and older, for Barca it was Atletico boys. Bottom line without the surplus of disgruntled former Atletico players and a strong league, both Barca and Surf will find themselves struggling. Susa, at least on the girls side, will continue to be fine as long as they continue to play in ECNL.

Comment

Paul Riley

Barca has signed Allie Long (USWNT) as the technical director for the girls. (that is a pretty big blip on any radar). If your daughter is truly elite....Ally Long has all the right connections you or anyone can think of....you still disagree?
              Ally Long with connections??? Lol. Ever heard of Paul Riley. Just won another NWSL title Mas Coach of the Year. Has a direct line to any college coach in the country. Next inline to take over the USWNT. Everyone is a distant 2nd to him and his track record. And BTW- he's got a HUGE surprise in store for both Barca and Susa. What happens when he announces the Suffolk Boys USSF DA for fall 2019 and facilities??? Both Susa and Barca drop down a level. You heard it here first. Not BOTN. It's already a done deal. Too many people don't pay attention.

Comment

Sounds like there’s going to be another boys DA coming to town, this time in Suffolk Co. You don’t have to thank Barca or Susa though who will be looking in from the outside. You can thank soccer royalty - Paul Riley.

Comment

wow- i see we have some Alby fans here. much different than that other site.

Comment

Sounds like there’s going to be another boys DA coming to town, this time in Suffolk Co. You don’t have to thank Barca or Susa though who will be looking in from the outside. You can thank soccer royalty - Paul Riley.
                    How would that work though since PR was doc of the Alby boys DA that was stripped of the DA badge a few years ago? Do they re-issue it under FC Fury as a different entity or do they just give it to Alby again?
                    Either way, I don't really see it happening, but hey-you never know...

Comment

Ally Long with connections??? Lol. Ever heard of Paul Riley. Just won another NWSL title Mas Coach of the Year. Has a direct line to any college coach in the country. Next inline to take over the USWNT. Everyone is a distant 2nd to him and his track record. And BTW- he's got a HUGE surprise in store for both Barca and Susa. What happens when he announces the Suffolk Boys USSF DA for fall 2019 and facilities??? Both Susa and Barca drop down a level. You heard it here first. Not BOTN. It's already a done deal. Too many people don't pay attention.

Take Jill Ellis Job? are you Fn nuts???? She will kick his ass all over.... :)

Either way be it Allie Long or Rielly.....Great options I see for LI girls soccer in the near future.

Comment

Hey buddy...sorry to say US Mens Soccer sucks compared to the rest of the world!!!...its not a secrete (maybe paul rielly is to blame?...may or may not be true with his track record in the US). :)

Anyone who has been through a Barca practice has noticed a completely different atmosphere with the training than any other club (its just different and to note I've had my kids through rough riders which is great and very underrated, PDP, and ODP). Thats the difference with Barca, you get a different style of development that is foreign.

Comment

If PR can lock down this boys DA Barca Pro is going to turn into intramurals.

Comment

Why? last go round failed and club was removed from the da? what has changed?

Comment

DA classifications will be changing soon....there will be two DA. 1 for super clubs like NE Rev, Redbulls, Barca, Philly Union, ect. and one for other high level clubs.....you heard it here first

Comment

DA classifications will be changing soon....there will be two DA. 1 for super clubs like NE Rev, Redbulls, Barca, Philly Union, ect. and one for other high level clubs.....you heard it here first
                                Ahh, so it's not really DA, it's just another squirt in the pi$$ing contest between USSF and
                                US Club...
                                Great, can't wait

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X