X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/obam...rticle/2556038

Obamacare's foundation of lies a warning for new Supreme Court case

“If you like your current insurance,” President Obama said, directly facing the camera, in the West Wing, “you keep your current insurance. Period. End of Story.” He knew that wasn’t true, but he knew he had to say it in order to sell the bill.“

Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions,” Obama said, scolding those who disagreed. The GAO found that in Washington State, at least, this was false: Federal subsidies were paying the entire premium for policies that cover elective abortions.

Obama sold the bill as a broadside to the special interests. From the Rose Garden in July 2009, Obama knocked the drug companies as a “special interest” trying to “kill” the bill. He knew that wasn’t true, because the drug lobby was working hand-in-hand with his top aide to craft the bill, get it passed, and to defend Democratic Senators endangered by supporting it. Behind closed doors, the White House apologized to drugmakers for that line, blaming a “young speechwriter.”

Obamacare’s defenders thought their bill was best for Americans, but apparently felt they were up against the “stupidity of the American voter,” as Gruber put it. We silly Americans just don’t know what’s good for us, and so Obama and Gruber had to lie to get us to take our medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      BTW professor, did you catch the viral video of Jonathan Gruber, MIT economist and Obamacare architect, that hit the internet this weekend?

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” says the MIT economist who helped write Obamacare. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

Gruber's other comments on Obamacare aren't going to do any favors for this administration as the latest case goes to the SCOTUS.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/07/24/wa...jonathan-grube

BWAhahahaha! Smart guy, but what a screw up every time he opens his mouth.
      This Gruber guy is a total idiot if he didn't know this stuff would eventually come out.

"I have been making this speech for twelve years and people would come up to me ans day, but wait a second you're going to tax my heath insurance? And I'd say no, no, no!* We're going to tax subsidies on your health insurance.* And they'd go you're going to tax my heath insurance? And you just can't get through its politically impossible. So despite the fact we thought we might get this as part of the law it was going to be dead.*Until a second Massachusetts hero arose, John Kerry. John Kerry said no-no we're not going to tax your heath insurance, we're going to tax those evil insurance companies. We're going to impose a tax that if they sell health insurance that's too expensive we're going to tax them. And conveniently the tax rate will happen to be the marginal tax rate on the income tax code. So basically it's the same thing we just tax insurance companies they pass on higher prices that offsets the tax break we get into being the same thing. It's a very clever basic exploitation of the of the of the lack of economic understand of the American voter" - Jonathan Gruber,.November 5, 2012, Rhode Island*University.

Comment

The gift that keeps on giving, Gruber at Washington University, October, 2013

"In another video, Gruber tells how Democrats were able to limit the tax deductibility of employer health benefits by calling it a "Cadillac Tax" on high-cost plans, counting on the belief that "American people are too stupid to understand the difference."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...-americans.htm

Comment

Is that you, Professor??? You seem to have forgotten our conversations over a year ago when I told you the Republican strategy was to force Shaheen to defend her seat and the Dems to help her by shuffling money to NH to do so! Thus taking money away from other races. Shaheen spent nearly double what Brown spent. The Republicans were quite successful in achieving their goal and for a while there it even looked like Brown would pull off a win. But if you take solice in Brown's loss, no problem. I take solice in the fact that only 31 of the 60 senators who voted for Obamacare will enter the new Congress.
          Am I the professor? Hardly. But you are acting like an idiot to suggest what you did. Any competent NH party Republican would have won that seat. Republicans missed the opportunity because they chose to nominate the empty headed insubstantial hero of the talking soccer loony crowd.

If this happened in MA I might agree but NH should have been a gimme for R's in a wave election. I'm an R myself (old school New England style) but the professor and I would agree on one thing - you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

Your one of those who claims your kid won a game because they played prettier soccer even though they were on short side of the score, right? Only someone like that counts a loss as some sort of twisted victory.

Brown ran a horrible campaign. He is insubstantial, even for a politician. Dumb as a stump too.

Comment

Former DNC chairman Howard Dean responded to Morning Joe host Mika Brzezinski’s comment that Gruber’s statement “might be a problem.”

“The problem is not that he said it. The problem is that he thinks it,” said Dean about Gruber, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor. “I’m serious. The core problem of the d— law is that it was put together by a bunch of elitists who don’t fundamentally understand the American people. That’s what the problem is.”

Comment

Am I the professor? Hardly. But you are acting like an idiot to suggest what you did. Any competent NH party Republican would have won that seat. Republicans missed the opportunity because they chose to nominate the empty headed insubstantial hero of the talking soccer loony crowd.

If this happened in MA I might agree but NH should have been a gimme for R's in a wave election. I'm an R myself (old school New England style) but the professor and I would agree on one thing - you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

Your one of those who claims your kid won a game because they played prettier soccer even though they were on short side of the score, right? Only someone like that counts a loss as some sort of twisted victory.

Brown ran a horrible campaign. He is insubstantial, even for a politician. Dumb as a stump too.
              Dumb as a stump. You must be referring to Coakley who has been beaten twice. Once by Brown, now by Baker, in a predominantly blue state. Talk about horrible campaigns! Yikes!

I have no problem at all with what Brown was able to accomplish in the northern parish of Massachusetts, formerly know as the Live Free or Die state of NH. No other Republican in that state had the ability to force Dems to defend that seat. Nobody.

So Republicans just picked up another senate seat with Begich out in Alaska for a total of 8 and they could possibly pick up one more in Louisiana. Republicans expanded their majority in the House of Representatives by 10. Republican governors now outnumber Democrats 33 to 16 and the GOP now controls*68*out of 98 partisan state legislative chambers. Republicans*hold the governorship and both houses of the legislature in*23 states*(24 if Sean Parnell wins re-election in Alaska), while Democrats have that level of control in only*seven. Traditionally blue states like Massachusetts, Illinois, New York, etc. All had Republican gains. I'd say Brown did his job by taking money away from any close races which was exactly the strategy from Day 1. Had he won, it would have been icing on the cake.

http://www.economist.com/news/united...news-democrats

Just think of how much more they could hsve gained if the Gruber tapes had come out 2 weeks earlier. By golly, Brown might have even won when the NH voters learned how stupid Democrats think they are.

Comment

Gruber apologized for his inarticulate words. Gruber isn't sorry; he clearly expressed the Obama administration's view of the American people. He only regrets being held accountable for his words

Comment

Predicting next Gruber tape: "Death panels? Of course there are death panels, you idiots. The law can't work without death panels!"

Comment

Gruber apologized for his inarticulate words. Gruber isn't sorry; he clearly expressed the Obama administration's view of the American people. He only regrets being held accountable for his words
                    Gruber: Americans are stupid, Stupid, STUPID!!! -- I don't really mean it.

Media: He really didn't mean that. Really he doesn't!

Comment

Gruber didn't say anything we didn't know. But oh, to see the seething dishonesty and contempt for Americans laid bare!

Comment

All of Grubergate in two minutes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDomkBtJC7Q

Comment

So why was Obama meeting with a race baiting scumbag like Sharpton and why wasn't this meeting included on his sailey schedule. Most transparent administration, my ass!

"Some of the national leaders met with President Obama on Nov. 5 for a gathering that included a conversation about Ferguson. According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral,*Mr.*Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/17...html?referrer=

Comment

So why was Obama meeting with a race baiting scumbag like Sharpton and why wasn't this meeting included on his sailey schedule. Most transparent administration, my ass!

"Some of the national leaders met with President Obama on Nov. 5 for a gathering that included a conversation about Ferguson. According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral,*Mr.*Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/17...html?referrer=
                            Sharpton owes more than $4.5 million in taxes too!

Comment

I'm BACK!

Tee hee
                              Bwah hah hah

Comment

...and look at all the people,viewing this thread as soon as I am!

Clearly I was missed....enjoy because this will be a fleeting affair....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X