Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I asked our DA coach and got very vague answers. Are Washington and Westside Timbers both out of DA? I talk to a lot of DA parents, most of us would be very happy to go back to the way things were.
    MLS clubs are pulling out next year. US soccer is trying everything and anything to keep them in everyone else is being pushed to the side.

Comment

I asked our DA coach and got very vague answers. Are Washington and Westside Timbers both out of DA? I talk to a lot of DA parents, most of us would be very happy to go back to the way things were.
      Both Westside and Washington are out. And if all of this is coming as a surprise to you, then your club hasn't done a very good job of keeping you informed as to what has been going on in terms of club DA in the Pacific NW.

Comment

Big day tomorrow. The demise of the local DA might begin tomorrow

Comment

Big day tomorrow. The demise of the local DA might begin tomorrow
          I personally don’t care for the da or it’s stupid badge but I can’t wait for all the oysa families to realize they shouldn’t have wished for this. Your kids are going back to the bench or the lower club teams and the couple of independents that recruit for size vs skill are not going to be winning like they have been.

Tic Toc, Tic Toc

Comment

I personally don’t care for the da or it’s stupid badge but I can’t wait for all the oysa families to realize they shouldn’t have wished for this. Your kids are going back to the bench or the lower club teams and the couple of independents that recruit for size vs skill are not going to be winning like they have been.

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
            Depends on the age group. ADF 06 is probably better than any of the Oregon DA teams (if for no other reason than the Timbers got it right at this age group).

In the 05s, OTOH, WT and OPFC will probably clean up next year. But that would have happened anyway, as the 05s age out of Oregon DA.

Good thing though is everyone will be playing each other, not arguing over matches that never happen.

Comment

Depends on the age group. ADF 06 is probably better than any of the Oregon DA teams (if for no other reason than the Timbers got it right at this age group).

In the 05s, OTOH, WT and OPFC will probably clean up next year. But that would have happened anyway, as the 05s age out of Oregon DA.

Good thing though is everyone will be playing each other, not arguing over matches that never happen.
              Will be interesting to see where the so called 05 “castoffs” from TA go and if they go as a group? Also where do the 06’s land if DA is done? Do they go back to their clubs or is there a lucky “recipient”? Rumor has it updx May be the front runner for both groups much like last years 04’s

Comment

Will be interesting to see where the so called 05 “castoffs” from TA go and if they go as a group? Also where do the 06’s land if DA is done? Do they go back to their clubs or is there a lucky “recipient”? Rumor has it updx May be the front runner for both groups much like last years 04’s
                UPDX might be a good fit for the 05s, though one reason they were able to collect the 04 castoffs is that many of the cuts were made by the Timbers AFTER the season had started, and many other clubs had no openings.

OTOH, UPDX already has a strong 06 team; lots of players who left FC and other clubs to form that might get annoyed if the TA 06 team moves in.

That said--the 06 TA is, arguably, better than the 05 TA team. Not sure if they ever play head-to-head, but the 06s are a beast and the 05s are barely better than some of the local clubs. Were I the Timbers, I'd be tempted to combine the teams (as a U15 team), resulting in a large reverse rapture in both age groups. But it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Comment

This!

Comment

Any more shoes likely to drop today?

Comment

This!
                      And the 05 thread can come back to reality as the scoring “leaderboard” will now greatly expand to include the other talented players not involved in DA.

Comment

And the 05 thread can come back to reality as the scoring “leaderboard” will now greatly expand to include the other talented players not involved in DA.
                        As it should.

Many of us think the leaderboard is pointless anyway. Of course, OYSA doesn't publish scoring statistics, so I suspect the leaderboard will vanish once the 05s return to OYSA. With a larger pool of clubs, some of which won't have crazy mommies and daddies on TS, we may simply never know who scores the goals.

Comment

Actually, there is no arguing over matches that will never happen....unless you mean TA and Oregon DA teams. OYSA teams? Sorry, but no. Bend, 4H, Eugene, ADF, Cuervos none of those teams will hang with the top DA teams. Just as they were not able to 2 years before. Look, I like OYSA and I have not been wholly satisfied with the DA at all. But, I can say with absolute certainty and zero hesitation that the top 5 teams (in no particular order...WST, W*T*F*C, CFC, FC and OPFC) would dominate and embarrass the top 5 OYSA teams.

Comment

As it should.

Many of us think the leaderboard is pointless anyway. Of course, OYSA doesn't publish scoring statistics, so I suspect the leaderboard will vanish once the 05s return to OYSA. With a larger pool of clubs, some of which won't have crazy mommies and daddies on TS, we may simply never know who scores the goals.
                            you do realize the leaderboard is the actions of one individual. I strongly suspect I know which child belongs to that individual, but he does not mean any harm by it and honestly there is nothing wrong with his listing statistics that are already available on the da game reports. If nothing else, he is consolidating all of them into one format. The reality is that the DEA is a significantly higher level than oysa. Regardless of how you feel about the DEA or the patch the concept was set up to make it a better environment for development. That has in fact happened.

Comment

you do realize the leaderboard is the actions of one individual. I strongly suspect I know which child belongs to that individual, but he does not mean any harm by it and honestly there is nothing wrong with his listing statistics that are already available on the da game reports. If nothing else, he is consolidating all of them into one format. The reality is that the DEA is a significantly higher level than oysa. Regardless of how you feel about the DEA or the patch the concept was set up to make it a better environment for development. That has in fact happened.
                              DEA? Drug Enforcement Agency?

That would explain a lot. :)

Comment

Actually, there is no arguing over matches that will never happen....unless you mean TA and Oregon DA teams. OYSA teams? Sorry, but no. Bend, 4H, Eugene, ADF, Cuervos none of those teams will hang with the top DA teams. Just as they were not able to 2 years before. Look, I like OYSA and I have not been wholly satisfied with the DA at all. But, I can say with absolute certainty and zero hesitation that the top 5 teams (in no particular order...WST, W*T*F*C, CFC, FC and OPFC) would dominate and embarrass the top 5 OYSA teams.
                                At 05, I agree.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X