Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not OP but East is a lot better than West. Everyone knows this is the first year because last year the second team was NPL. I did check the ECNL website and the poster was correct that the East teams at every age group did not lose to WC over the weekend so that was fake news.
    U14 East?

Comment

Ecnl reported ECNL West U13 losing to World Class so you better hurry and call them up. U13 are you kidding they are 12 and not going to college for a while. No one cares about this age group.
      Looks like at U13 and U14, West beat WC and East lost

Comment

U14 East?
        OK people read a website.
        At U14 both the East and West tied WC 2-2.
        The U15 west team beat WC but 3-1 but the U15 team beat them by 7 goals or more. That score is not recorded yet.
        The U14 East record is 7-2-1 and the U14 West record is 5-1-4. The U14 East played West in September and won 1-0. I took this off the ECNL website. I believe the first or original poster said an East team lost to WC (and their west team won)that is not true at any age level. Someone responded that the East teams only won or tied which is a true statement.
        This is not a lot of data but enough to say East is better than West thus far. Similar data supports that at all ages.
        All the age groups go head to head on Sunday so there will be a current result to use in this discussion. For what its worth East teams do have the majority of better players. That doesn't mean West doesn't have a few good players but the bulk of the talent went to East.

Comment

The U15 west team beat WC but 3-1 but the U15 team beat them by 7 goals or more. That score is not recorded yet.
          The U14 East record is 7-2-1 and the U14 West record is 5-1-4. The U14 East played West in September and won 1-0. I took this off the ECNL website. I believe the first or original poster said an East team lost to WC (and their west team won)that is not true at any age level. Someone responded that the East teams only won or tied which is a true statement.
          This is not a lot of data but enough to say East is better than West thus far. Similar data supports that at all ages.
          All the age groups go head to head on Sunday so there will be a current result to use in this discussion. For what its worth East teams do have the majority of better players. That doesn't mean West doesn't have a few good players but the bulk of the talent went to East.
          Your last two sentences sum it up. Yes, some good players on the West, but all good players on the East. I know of some controversy when some players were initially on the West and after some "discussions", got moved to the East.

Nobody raised their hands and said "I want to play on the West team".

Comment

Your last two sentences sum it up. Yes, some good players on the West, but all good players on the East. I know of some controversy when some players were initially on the West and after some "discussions", got moved to the East.

Nobody raised their hands and said "I want to play on the West team".
            Agree. In the "old" days West was NPL. Being in ECNL is a better deal for these players because they are at the ECNL showcases. Once in a while a player can move up but more frequently 2-4 players move down per team per year. If you are on the West team there is a good chance you are very athletic and not technical enough or technical but not big/fast enough. This can change but very rarely past U13 unless there is a birth or graduation year shake up. There is no offense intended this is just how it works.

Comment

You are looking at scores from September... not this past weekend. East U13 and U14 both lost to WC

Comment

Agree. In the "old" days West was NPL. Being in ECNL is a better deal for these players because they are at the ECNL showcases. Once in a while a player can move up but more frequently 2-4 players move down per team per year. If you are on the West team there is a good chance you are very athletic and not technical enough or technical but not big/fast enough. This can change but very rarely past U13 unless there is a birth or graduation year shake up. There is no offense intended this is just how it works.
                Stop trying to act like you know what your talking about. You are simply a frustrated parent of an East kid. Sold a bill of goods that your daughter was playing on the A squad.

Comment

All the age groups A versus B or East and West this Sunday.
                  Awesome. Love to see the blowhards going nuts on the sidelines as a pecking order is being established. Results move the list

Comment

Let the games begin and The shuffling commence.

Comment

Let the games begin and The shuffling commence.
                      There will be no east to west ecnl shuffling until tryouts.

Comment

Before you try that condescending attitude, read the scores for March 16 and 17. u14 West beat world class 2-1. World class beat u14 east 3-1. I don’t care in the least. Just stating facts to keep it real

Comment

Before you try that condescending attitude, read the scores for March 16 and 17. u14 West beat world class 2-1. World class beat u14 east 3-1. I don’t care in the least. Just stating facts to keep it real
                          2005 and 2006 ecnl play each other tomorrow.

Comment

05 East dominated play but ended in 0-0 tie.

Comment

Of course they did.

Comment

05 East dominated play but ended in 0-0 tie.
                                I’m an east parent and that is not an accurate representation of the game. Why would anyone need to try to make the teams something they aren’t? We definitely “dominated” for a portion of the second half (west doesn’t have great subs so their starters got tired) but west came out strong in the first half and had better chances - hit the crossbar several times.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X