Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    100% yes. I’d never agree with the mud being slung at Mags. She was a fantastic player for our state school and bleeds blue for UConn. Give her time to grow into the role.

And stop it with the players. Get off your couch and you play for UConn, or shut it. Can’t wait to see JM play for the next 4. I hope that young lady brings great successes to the state and program.

Nice to see someone on here trying to silence the nuts.
    yeah, someone trying to silence the nuts by slamming another coach. hahaha. just a different type of loser. you’re all nuts.

Comment

So many people on here are serious a-holes. The UConn women’s soccer program is steeped in history we should be proud of. Young women can get a great education and have a great athletic experience. If you don’t like it, don’t send your kid. Feel free to bribe their way into whatever program you want.

Mags is a hard working, honest, and smart woman of high integrity. She is a highly accomplished player and a great role model. Matt Micros had an awful year at Sacred Heart after a less than stellar career at Post. But for some reason, a woman coach is the only one on here being torn to shreds after one season.

She should get the time any other coach would to turn around the program. Rather than saying she better fix it or she’s done, seriously shut your pie holes. This is our flagship state university and I want nothing more than to support it and get behind it and cheer for it.

I’m happy to see her in the role. She cares a helluva lot more than many other coaches in this state. We should all reflect on the crap going down now and to me I would take real stock in supporting a strong professional woman of high integrity to do everything she can to turn the program around and give her players a great experience.

I want to win games. I want to see UConn on top. But I am sick of all the jerk ass coaches out there more than anything, bastardizing the game and ruining the experience for kids and young adults. It’s awful.
      Micros walked in cold to SHU. Mags did all of the recruiting for UConn’s current team and has been there for years. That’s a mile wide difference in first year HC effectiveness.

Comment

played for high school against for the most part weak comp
        played club with weak team and weak comp
        May play at UCONN as no one as in years past is going there for "soccer" right now.
        4 wins in that conference is a joke.

Comment

May play at UCONN as no one as in years past is going there for "soccer" right now.
          I agree- all the FCIAC teams ( with the lions share of ECNL players in the state) are weak comp it’s too bad it happens to be the best conf in the state. So the whole state sucks at soccer
          And now that UCONN sucks ( even more that they are getting another weak player) it’s official
          Don’t recruit CT kids as they are all weak

Hysterical

Comment

^^^^this person gets it. All these armchair lunatics

Signed

Uconn soccer alum 80s. Sent two non soccer playings kids to uconn
            You should have spent more time with your kids or maybe got them some professional tutoring. Sorry for your kids

Comment

yeah, someone trying to silence the nuts by slamming another coach. hahaha. just a different type of loser. you’re all nuts.
              Just another puzzy hat wearing liberal dem. She is a woman and not a white male, so she should be coddled

Comment

So many people on here are serious a-holes. The UConn women’s soccer program is steeped in history we should be proud of. Young women can get a great education and have a great athletic experience. If you don’t like it, don’t send your kid. Feel free to bribe their way into whatever program you want.

Mags is a hard working, honest, and smart woman of high integrity. She is a highly accomplished player and a great role model. Matt Micros had an awful year at Sacred Heart after a less than stellar career at Post. But for some reason, a woman coach is the only one on here being torn to shreds after one season.

She should get the time any other coach would to turn around the program. Rather than saying she better fix it or she’s done, seriously shut your pie holes. This is our flagship state university and I want nothing more than to support it and get behind it and cheer for it.

I’m happy to see her in the role. She cares a helluva lot more than many other coaches in this state. We should all reflect on the crap going down now and to me I would take real stock in supporting a strong professional woman of high integrity to do everything she can to turn the program around and give her players a great experience.

I want to win games. I want to see UConn on top. But I am sick of all the jerk ass coaches out there more than anything, bastardizing the game and ruining the experience for kids and young adults. It’s awful.

How can you possibly compare the 2. MM inherited a program that was horrible and had nothing to do with it before and I look at what he did at Post as being a miracle worker. We played at Post U before and the school is nothing to brag about while he made the league playoffs several years there. UConn coach has been the 1st for years and recruited those players. A couple years ago the team was deep in the NCAA tourney now 5 wins. I would give both coaches 3 years to build THEIR own programs but to say MM did a horrible job is just not true. If he were a bad coach his CFC team would be doing poorly as well but last I looked they won their division of the ECNL last year and are 2-0 in league games this year.

Let’s tty to be positive for once.

Comment

This is how we compare the two:
                  One makes a ton of money off his club, where, he does a great job and is an invested strong coach. He’s also the same guy his college team was happy to see go because he would show up late, have them scrimmage, and would sit on his cell phone doing who knows what. He kept the job because it was easy and it was a college credential which helped his business.

The other has one job and she’s 100% invested in the program and the players.

That’s one way to compare.

I’m sure he cares more at SHU but you can’t rewrite Post.

Comment

One makes a ton of money off his club, where, he does a great job and is an invested strong coach. He’s also the same guy his college team was happy to see go because he would show up late, have them scrimmage, and would sit on his cell phone doing who knows what. He kept the job because it was easy and it was a college credential which helped his business.

So let me get this straight...your daughter played at Post and you watched her practices. Your other daughter plays at Uconn and you have a great read on the coaches commitment level. Do I have that right?

Comment

??????

Comment

Pretty bad representation for a “coach”

Comment

That’s completely false. My daughter played at Post and CFC and they loved him. I can’t speak to UConn or their coach, but why would you make things up that aren’t true?

Comment

I don’t know the guy personally and have never seen him run a practice, but his bio says he made the playoffs 6 times in 7 years. They didn’t make it this year without him. So there’s that. Either way, why are people trashing kids and coaches? Can’t we see some posts that are positive about people?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X