Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't agree that an abundance of choices is good for the consumer. I do agree that USSF created this mess, but not by the formation of the Development Academy, but by allowing multiple youth governing bodies at all levels in the first place. They should have either umbrella'd everything under a single governing body, or put restrictions on the levels that the different governing bodies had authority (Rec, State Travel, Regional Travel, Regional-National Travel).
    What I meant was more choices are good in that consumers can find what works best for them - more travel, less travel, costs, high school, whatever. But I agree more choices leads to a watering down of everything. So from a development standpoint it isn't good. There aren't enough players to fill all these supposed "top" teams let alone quality coaches. Ultimately it comes down to coaching and the players themselves. A patch on the sleeve doesn't mean much of anything. The abundance of options also makes it much more difficult to navigate the environment and figure out what is the best fit for your kid. Personally I'm sick of the constant "new and improved" every year. I don't think I'm alone in that.

Comment

Just catching up on this train wreck. It is a classic. Best part is that the clear winner most "obsessed" guy trying to turn this around onto others by using a hashtag. I believe he also called someone a child. Does anyone over the age of 14 use hashtags?? Hilarious. Dude responds to every GDA post within minutes, just to call out someone else as obsessed. Can't make this crap up. Only in NH.

Comment

Ok. Let's just say your daughter plays for the SUSC U15 DA team, ok? No one's obsessed. Trust me.
        #nailedit #icanusehashtsgstoo #creeperdadtryingtocallsomeoneelseobsessedtotakehe atoffhimself #stillacreep #foolednoone #goodtry

Comment

What I meant was more choices are good in that consumers can find what works best for them - more travel, less travel, costs, high school, whatever. But I agree more choices leads to a watering down of everything. So from a development standpoint it isn't good. There aren't enough players to fill all these supposed "top" teams let alone quality coaches. Ultimately it comes down to coaching and the players themselves. A patch on the sleeve doesn't mean much of anything. The abundance of options also makes it much more difficult to navigate the environment and figure out what is the best fit for your kid. Personally I'm sick of the constant "new and improved" every year. I don't think I'm alone in that.
          I’ve said for several years there’s too many choices. Yes normally more choices is good for the consumer but here there are too many. Too many “high”, “elite”, “united”, “A”, “premier” teams or whatever else you want to call them. Every parent wants their kid to be on the top team so what do clubs do? Make more top teams. Make more top leagues and clubs scratch to get in even if they don’t have the numbers. They know offering the league to the customers will get them more and more money.

I’ve been through this with one already. My advice is to find a team and a coach and a club you like and stay. Club hopping will not get your player anywhere but unhappy.

Comment

Just catching up on this train wreck. It is a classic. Best part is that the clear winner most "obsessed" guy trying to turn this around onto others by using a hashtag. I believe he also called someone a child. Does anyone over the age of 14 use hashtags?? Hilarious. Dude responds to every GDA post within minutes, just to call out someone else as obsessed. Can't make this crap up. Only in NH.
            #obsessed

#dude

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X