Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ny gda

Surprised this thread doesn't already exist! Here's a whole new thread for people to brag, bash and bemoan all that is NY GDA! With 5 GDA clubs, my guess is this will be buzzing in no time, lol! Have a great season everyone...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Surprised this thread doesn't already exist! Here's a whole new thread for people to brag, bash and bemoan all that is NY GDA! With 5 GDA clubs, my guess is this will be buzzing in no time, lol! Have a great season everyone...
    NYCFC dominated Fury-U14/4-0, U15/4-0, U17/3-0, U19/1-1
    As expected, NYCFC off to a strong start...
    Fury lost some players in all age groups, to competing clubs and their sister(?) club Alby GDA. Looks like their chemistry is (way) off and they have some work to do.

LISC got clobbered by WS-Maryland-U14/7-0, U15/4-0
    LISC claimed their new coaches and training, plus buffed up rosters would produce better results this year, but WS-Maryland was one of the weakest 04 teams in the region last year (when LISC earned a 1-1 draw against them). Looks like more of the same, but time will tell...

SB-NYSC faces off against Alby today, should be interesting...

No results posted on Oakwood vs EU yet

Comment

NYCFC dominated Fury-U14/4-0, U15/4-0, U17/3-0, U19/1-1
      As expected, NYCFC off to a strong start...
      Fury lost some players in all age groups, to competing clubs and their sister(?) club Alby GDA. Looks like their chemistry is (way) off and they have some work to do.

LISC got clobbered by WS-Maryland-U14/7-0, U15/4-0
      LISC claimed their new coaches and training, plus buffed up rosters would produce better results this year, but WS-Maryland was one of the weakest 04 teams in the region last year (when LISC earned a 1-1 draw against them). Looks like more of the same, but time will tell...

SB-NYSC faces off against Alby today, should be interesting...

No results posted on Oakwood vs EU yet
      U17 was 4-0, sorry to kick a dead horse...

Comment

NYCFC parents must be going crazy. If Fury was supposed to be their best competition this year, what are the other clubs going to look like? ECNL games are more evenly matched

Comment

NYCFC parents must be going crazy. If Fury was supposed to be their best competition this year, what are the other clubs going to look like? ECNL games are more evenly matched
          The writing was on the wall last year. None of it should be surprising. Keeping LISC, adding Alby and Seacoast (as a replacement for a much better Stars) is not a step up in competitive quality.

Comment

Neither league is great, but we like the training at NYCFC, Her coach istough, no head-taps for effort, that is expected, and lots of grief for mental errors, my daughter has progressed greatly since this time last year, hope it continues!!!

Comment

If this continues,this will all need to be reworked. 1 GDA and 2 ECNL on LI. If this isn’t the case, this is not what’s best for the girls and US Soccer is to blame.

Comment

This is LI. There is a gda/ecnl team and an iPhone for every player! Welcome to LI's culture of excess. Has nothing to do with us soccer. Any business that wants to can try to exploit this mindset and loads do it very successfully.

Comment

This is LI. There is a gda/ecnl team and an iPhone for every player! Welcome to LI's culture of excess. Has nothing to do with us soccer. Any business that wants to can try to exploit this mindset and loads do it very successfully.
                  Stop all the nonsense. There are girls under the radar who just need the training but didn’t start with elite teams at age 5. Some just want to develop and don’t have national team aspirations. Where else are they going to compete with and against the better players or find improved training to local teams. Everyone is in it with different goals. Not everyone , thank goodness is NYCFC DADDY. What does GDA stand for?Girls _ __

Comment

Stop all the nonsense. There are girls under the radar who just need the training but didn’t start with elite teams at age 5. Some just want to develop and don’t have national team aspirations. Where else are they going to compete with and against the better players or find improved training to local teams. Everyone is in it with different goals. Not everyone , thank goodness is NYCFC DADDY. What does GDA stand for?Girls _ __
                    You misunderstood. Go ahead and buy the high level training if you can afford it. But don't pretend that it is not a luxury product and there is a reason LI is viewed as a good market.

Comment

Smart people look at the product coaches have produced over the years. The dont look at current game scores that much.

how many players has each of the coaches/ clubs produced in the last 5 years that are performing at or better than expectations at the College level? base your decisions off that, not what todays score are ot how good the other Clubs are.

Newsflash, its alwys been lopsided in terms of game scores. That is more a function of parents chasing wins than anything else. the best player on Club A goes to Club B to be the 8th best player and win more games today. The though process is more exposure and better practices! Most of the time its just an excuse to win more with less responsibility.

to succeed in finding the right Club, you need honesty (what are my childs REAL aspirations), humility, lots of luck ( are you located close to a good Club with a good coach and facilities) and focus ( ignore the shorter term stuff IF you have longer term aspirations)

its not easy. lots of BS and lies out there and most Clubs have no incentive to tell you the truth.

Right now with potential rule changes, I see so many young kids <15 rushing to commit. I dont see Clubs being honest. I see Clubs publishing lists of Commits of young kids like some validation of what they are doing. Perspective has been really lost. Parents need to get it back instead of buying into this madness.

Comment

Smart people look at the product coaches have produced over the years. The dont look at current game scores that much.

how many players has each of the coaches/ clubs produced in the last 5 years that are performing at or better than expectations at the College level? base your decisions off that, not what todays score are ot how good the other Clubs are.

Newsflash, its alwys been lopsided in terms of game scores. That is more a function of parents chasing wins than anything else. the best player on Club A goes to Club B to be the 8th best player and win more games today. The though process is more exposure and better practices! Most of the time its just an excuse to win more with less responsibility.

to succeed in finding the right Club, you need honesty (what are my childs REAL aspirations), humility, lots of luck ( are you located close to a good Club with a good coach and facilities) and focus ( ignore the shorter term stuff IF you have longer term aspirations)

its not easy. lots of BS and lies out there and most Clubs have no incentive to tell you the truth.

Right now with potential rule changes, I see so many young kids <15 rushing to commit. I dont see Clubs being honest. I see Clubs publishing lists of Commits of young kids like some validation of what they are doing. Perspective has been really lost. Parents need to get it back instead of buying into this madness.
                        So many? Have heard of 2. How many are there?

Comment

Elite is one of the most overused terms in youth sports. If you can write a check your kid can be elite. There's far too much dilution of talent with too many leagues, which requires too many clubs chasing the same top talent. The rest of the rosters get filled with whoever can write a check. It's part of the "trophy for all" mentality in this country.

Comment

I consider my daughter elite, based on how well she has performed against the following teams: SLAMMERS, FC DALLAS, PDA, SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES, REAL COLORADO, LEGENDS, MICHIGAN HAWKS, REIGN ACADEMY, PENN FUSION, FC VIRGINIA, etc...how about your kid, has she played toe-to-toe with these monsters??

Comment

I consider my daughter elite, based on how well she has performed against the following teams: SLAMMERS, FC DALLAS, PDA, SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES, REAL COLORADO, LEGENDS, MICHIGAN HAWKS, REIGN ACADEMY, PENN FUSION, FC VIRGINIA, etc...how about your kid, has she played toe-to-toe with these monsters??
                              Omg, the Loser NYCFC Bulldoggie Dad is literally going from chat room to chat room bragging about his kid! This guy is so pathetic!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X