Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe in ESL class they need to do a better job educating "new" Americans how to speak correctly.
    You will be surprised that actually these commons errors are more "accented" in "old" americans. They stop teaching fluency at fourth grade.

Comment

You will be surprised that actually these commons errors are more "accented" in "old" americans. They stop teaching fluency at fourth grade.
      I could of told you that. As your obviously aware, their isnt to much interest in grammer or spelling these days, if you get what I'm inferring. ;-/
      Accept for a few people like you're self, the TS denizens would rather deprave 12 year old girlz then learn to right english good on this web sight!

Comment

I could of told you that. As your obviously aware, their isnt to much interest in grammer or spelling these days, if you get what I'm inferring. ;-/
        Accept for a few people like you're self, the TS denizens would rather deprave 12 year old girlz then learn to right english good on this web sight!
        Clever...you fu.cking idiot

Comment

You know why I really think soccer is doomed in the US? A ridiculous thread like this (even given the humor factor) is still active and you can't find a word about how well the Revolution (that's New England's professional soccer team) is doing and their game Sat against New York.

Comment

You know why I really think soccer is doomed in the US? A ridiculous thread like this (even given the humor factor) is still active and you can't find a word about how well the Revolution (that's New England's professional soccer team) is doing and their game Sat against New York.
            Please give me you opinion: how many games would Revolution(one of the top teams in eastern conference)win, if they had to play 10 games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester city, Tottenham...? One, maybe... what's there to talk?

Comment

Please give me you opinion: how many games would Revolution(one of the top teams in eastern conference)win, if they had to play 10 games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester city, Tottenham...? One, maybe... what's there to talk?
              How bout QPR? Hull City? Burnley? Etc

Comment

I will! If they played tomorrow, coming straight from their own domestic league, the revs win 1 of 10. They may draw a couple as well. Now switch these teams, and the league they play in, for 10-12 games. I think that the Revs would not look out of place, if they could get a number of games in at the EPL's speed. Not saying they win 8 of 10, but they win a couple, and keep a majority of the games close till the end.

Comment

I take it you didn't see the MLS all star team DOMINATE AND BEAT beat Bayern Munich (essentially the German National team) last year?

I honestly would love to see such a game or games but it would never happen because Europe would have nothing to gain.

Revs/Red Bulls was a great game last week and probably will be again tomorrow. Your loss if you miss it. I watched Tottenham yesterday (not sure if it was live), I fell asleep. If American soccer is going anywhere, it will be from kids getting excited about the MLS. That's why Klinnsmann is the worst possible leader for US soccer as he wants to send our best young players to Europe. It's not an overnight fix. But it's certainly getting better and yes, the Revs are an example of it. It's fun and exciting, and certainly worth watching.

Comment

Clever...you fu.cking idiot
                    That escalated quickly...

Comment

That escalated quickly...
                      I was actually undecided about the post you cite - I agree it was clever, but I expect the author's IQ would be on the plus side of the bell curve...

Hope everybody enjoyed Thanksgiving...

Comment

<SNIP>
                        If American soccer is going anywhere, it will be from kids getting excited about the MLS. That's why Klinnsmann is the worst possible leader for US soccer as he wants to send our best young players to Europe. It's not an overnight fix. But it's certainly getting better and yes, the Revs are an example of it. It's fun and exciting, and certainly worth watching.
                        Have to agree with this point, it will take a generation before USA takes it's place as a top-tier soccer power (which it should eventually, given its size). And the example of many MNT players in domestic league play will help. Also respect the way the Revs are built, with homegrowns and NCAA players, then adding a couple of DP-level Americans to that core...

Comment

I wouldn't take what is discussed here as any indication of the apparent strength of soccer in the US. This is not the forum where people come to discuss professional soccer. This is where people come to talk about the greatness of their kids, the greatness of their youth club, and to disparage others.

Plenty. Just because you are an EPL-snob doesn't mean MLS isn't worthy of the attention of local soccer fans. It isn't a top global league, but it isn't bad, it continues to improve, and it is growing in popularity.

Comment

I wouldn't take what is discussed here as any indication of the apparent strength of soccer in the US. This is not the forum where people come to discuss professional soccer. This is where people come to talk about the greatness of their kids, the greatness of their youth club, and to disparage others.

Plenty. Just because you are an EPL-snob doesn't mean MLS isn't worthy of the attention of local soccer fans. It isn't a top global league, but it isn't bad, it continues to improve, and it is growing in popularity.
                            Go Revs!!! Another great game today. But look out! The bandwagon jumpers are most certain to be on the way. And please do. The more fans that realize what they've been missing the more the game grows right here! Got that, Jurgen?

Comment

You're right. Great game today. For the local soccer fans.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X