Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll go on record and say that Brockton is intentionally dirty----I've seen them play a bunch of times over the last few years. This is taught at the youth level and encouraged at the high school level. It's not an opinion but a fact. They are out to hit hard, injure and intimidate other teams.

If you want to beat Brockton, mark their two skill players---the midfielder who has great ball skills and the player going to Brown next year. If you play them tight and physical but clean they won't like it. Another thing about Brockton is they run out of gas because their bench is not deep at all.
    It looks like all of you were correct about Brockton. I have 4 kids that play soccer (town and club) so you can imagine how many games I've seen. Brockton wasn't the dirtiest, but pretty close. Nasty players and a really obnoxious coach yelling because he wasn't getting calls. Seriously? I actually saw one girl try to cleat one of our girls. Fortunately our girls game out without injuries, but it was a little scary. Franklin dominated and won 4-0. It could have been a lot more. Subs came in early which was great. We have a deep bench and I think they all played.

Comment

It looks like all of you were correct about Brockton. I have 4 kids that play soccer (town and club) so you can imagine how many games I've seen. Brockton wasn't the dirtiest, but pretty close. Nasty players and a really obnoxious coach yelling because he wasn't getting calls. Seriously? I actually saw one girl try to cleat one of our girls. Fortunately our girls game out without injuries, but it was a little scary. Franklin dominated and won 4-0. It could have been a lot more. Subs came in early which was great. We have a deep bench and I think they all played.
      Yep. Hopefully Brockton went home with a lesson from Franklin on how to play soccer with class. That girl who intentionally tried to cleat a player was a very good player and doesn't need that dirty crap in her game. The more they were losing the dirtier Brockton played. And yes when Franklin emptied their bench, they also dominated Brockton.

Comment

7 of the top 8 seeds advance. Only upset is oliver ames losing to Natick.

Comment

Weymouth over Needham. Tough to beat a team 3 teams in a year and seem to be getting closer. I say weymouth in pks.
          Wasn't even close

Comment

Wasn't even close
            Even with their star freshman center back playing again. I heard they were saving her for a deep playoff run. Shocking.

Comment

7 of the top 8 seeds advance. Only upset is oliver ames losing to Natick.
              Wow, that was an upset. OA is a good team.

Comment

Weymouth over Needham. Tough to beat a team 3 teams in a year and seem to be getting closer. I say weymouth in pks.
                how'd that work out for you?

Comment

OA plays in the small Hock which has some bad teams. Their record and seed were misleading

Comment

OA plays in the small Hock which has some bad teams. Their record and seed were misleading
                    But they play each of the large teams in the Hock and had only one loss. Give them some credit

Comment

how'd that work out for you?
                      Not so good.

Comment

Which team has a chance to upset the top seeds?

Wellesely vs Bishop Feehan
                        Brockton vs Franklin
                        Weymouth vs Needham
                        Newton South vs Whitman Hanson

I think Brockton has the greates chance of upsetting Franklin due to their physical play and they have a few good goal scores in Franklin over looks them tonight.
                        Looks like no one although NS vs Wh looks likes the closest of the bunch.

Comment

Bay State Conference team. Natick controlled most of the game. Their back 4 were tough to beat. Congrats and good luck to them against Needham.

Comment

Looks like no one although NS vs Wh looks likes the closest of the bunch.
                            WH had 3-4 easy goals,couldn't finish them off. WH has great defense, #7 played incredible. NS had great chance to tie it up but WH goalie came up big. Good luck to WH moving on, they will face a tough walpole team sat pm.

Comment

WH had 3-4 easy goals,couldn't finish them off. WH has great defense, #7 played incredible. NS had great chance to tie it up but WH goalie came up big. Good luck to WH moving on, they will face a tough walpole team sat pm.
                              WH hit the post in the first half. South's keeper came up with several big saves. South did have a legit chance to tie the game at the end of the first half, but after ping pong in the box, the shot went right to the keeper.

WH had several scoring chances that they blasted over the goal.

Other than a free kick outside of the box that the WH keeper made a great save on, South never really mounted much of a scoring threat.

Comment

But they play each of the large teams in the Hock and had only one loss. Give them some credit
                                Two years in a row they have lost in the first round. Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X