Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn my 9 year old into a D1 player?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fuller Hamlets
    Where do they practice?

Comment

Originally posted by fattydaddy View Post
      Was your wife artificially inseminated?
      Honestly? My husband may take issue with this question. Thanks for nothing.

Comment

be the team manager
        How can this possibly help my child to get stronger and remain fast?

Comment

ODP is the easiest way. Too much politics/favorites if you go through club team. If not a favorite of club coach or DOC he wont send kid through where in ODP politics doesn't play a factor and the best players get recommended.
          What is ODP? We aren't with a club yet so our coach may not care.

Comment

OP needs to provide more info. In 3-4 pages, we'll uncover his true agenda; guaranteed it's an attack on Breakers, Stars or MPS. It's just taking him a while to get us all on the hook.
            This place is crazy! I have no agenda towards any clubs. I just came here looking for some info about training.

Comment

I've only been to a few tournaments and we've only been involved with town travel soccer to this point. My husband and I have had several coaches approach us from club teams.
              Are you thinking of signing him up? If he's good get the club to waive any fees for remainder of the season..they will if he's really as good as you say. Try it.

Comment

This thread has potential to be TS HOF worthy.

Comment

My child is big, strong, fast and talented in comparison to the other kids I've seen. What's the best way to maintain the edge and build upon the foundation already established? Is it private training that will push the needle? Is 9 too young for weight training? I understand the chances are slim but I'm confident we're the exception to the rule.
                  Boy or girl? And depending upon the answer, claiming transgender identity might give your "s/he" a leg up on the competition. Something to think about. Good luck!

Comment

This place is crazy! I have no agenda towards any clubs. I just came here looking for some info about training.
                    Some advise- some here are having a good time on your account. Look past the jokes. You will figure everything out on your own if you join a clubs top team. All those players will be thinking about doing extra programs to grow.

Again forget about the jokers here (even thoe is amusing) and take full advantage of the clubs like I mentioned in previous post.

Comment

This is either a well played gag, or the OP is a complete and utter nut job. 9?

Comment

This is either a well played gag, or the OP is a complete and utter nut job. 9?
                        I'd argue both, by virtue of this being a parody. It doesn't have to be real to be true and deliver on point. This could be straight from the pages of The Onion.

Comment

How was your commute on the Jersey turnpike this morning?

Comment

New Jersey is a pretty big state with thousands and thousands of youth soccer players. Do you truly fear your 9 year old being uncovered if you post in the New Jersey threads? And what about the other hundreds of New Jersey residents scanning the Mass site who will see this thread anyway?

Comment

1. My child is big, strong, fast and talented in comparison to the other kids I've seen.

2. What's the best way to maintain the edge and build upon the foundation already established?

3. Is it private training that will push the needle?

4. Is 9 too young for weight training?

5. I understand the chances are slim but I'm confident we're the exception to the rule.
                              1. You haven't seen enough, but don't waste your time looking, at 9 that comparison is irrelevant.

2. There is no edge, there is no foundation. That should be the view in player development. Otherwise you're looking in the present or the past, rather than the future. Parents should worry less about status and judgment and focus on experience, which includes improvement and enjoyment in the game.

3. No. Touches on the ball, which certainly does not require private training, at 9 no less.

4. Yes. You dumb ****.

5. Can someone so ****ing stupid really be "confident" or is it more a state of oblivion? I'd argue the latter.

Nice post though, highly provocative and entertaining.

Comment

1. You haven't seen enough, but don't waste your time looking, at 9 that comparison is irrelevant.

2. There is no edge, there is no foundation. That should be the view in player development. Otherwise you're looking in the present or the past, rather than the future. Parents should worry less about status and judgment and focus on experience, which includes improvement and enjoyment in the game.

3. No. Touches on the ball, which certainly does not require private training, at 9 no less.

4. Yes. You dumb ****.

5. Can someone so ****ing stupid really be "confident" or is it more a state of oblivion? I'd argue the latter.

Nice post though, highly provocative and entertaining.
                                You're right. No one this clueless about development, training, WEIGHT LIFTING has any idea what he/she is looking at when they watch a soccer game. All they can see is that some kid beat another kid to the ball and kicked it hard and it happened to go in the goal. The kid probably toed the ball and ran around his off foot to make the shot. The local clubs see a potential athlete who they'll stick on their 3rd or 4th team because the mom looks hot and drives a Lexus.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X