Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Boys EMass Soccer

Captains practice, summer leagues and team camps are in full swing.

Needham has to be the pre-season #1, very good team returning...

Silver Lake and Somerville both lost a lot and should be down...

Who looks good coming in to this fall?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

OK. I will bite. Why does Needham have to be the 'pre-season #1'? What is returning from last year, a season when this team struggled to score goals? Last year's defense was solid, but no goalie or central defender this year.
    I will go with Wellesley to beat a over-confident Needham in the Bay State.
    After that, Needham does not get far in any tournament.

Comment

Please let us know who will lose to a team from WMass in the state final

Comment

There was a lot of quality in this past years graduating class. What rising seniors names will be hearing about for this fall?

Comment

No team in D2 will lose to the west...

Comment

From the north the Prep should be the favorite. They return a good amount of starters from last years North finals appearance. A dark horse in the north though could be Malden. They went to the North semis last year and return a bunch of talented players. After that, should be wide open.

Comment

Needham should come out of the south this year. Strong returning group

Comment

OK. I will bite. Why does Needham have to be the 'pre-season #1'? What is returning from last year, a season when this team struggled to score goals? Last year's defense was solid, but no goalie or central defender this year.
                I will go with Wellesley to beat a over-confident Needham in the Bay State.
                After that, Needham does not get far in any tournament.
                You're fair to question why Needham should be considered a favorite. Their #10 seemed like best player in the league last year and was a junior. Goalie was good, but average for the league. They may struggle to score goals again and therefore draw a lot, but they will be hard to beat. They were good last year not because of a particular player, but because they pressured the ball well when they didn't have it.
                Why do you think Wellesley will be their main challenger? Wellesley had success against them head to head for a few years, but all their all-league players and Herget division MVPs were seniors.
                Framingham, Natick or Brookline may be Needham's strongest competition in 2014.

Comment

What will happen to Weymouth this year? They struggled last year, especially to score, and lost the league MVP goalkeeper.

Comment

You're fair to question why Needham should be considered a favorite. Their #10 seemed like best player in the league last year and was a junior. Goalie was good, but average for the league. They may struggle to score goals again and therefore draw a lot, but they will be hard to beat. They were good last year not because of a particular player, but because they pressured the ball well when they didn't have it.
                    Why do you think Wellesley will be their main challenger? Wellesley had success against them head to head for a few years, but all their all-league players and Herget division MVPs were seniors.
                    Framingham, Natick or Brookline may be Needham's strongest competition in 2014.

Needham's goalie from last year has graduated, as did their all league center defender. #10 is a very good player but may not be the best team player. Their offense is overrated and will lose the ball putting excess pressure on a weakened defense......which has no goalie.

Comment

Catholic Conference will be between Prep and BCH again. Xaverian will be down, losing the league MVP and a few others. CM might be alittle better returning most of their players, but losing their goalie for the past 2 or 3 years. MC will probably be about the same, and they won't be able to use the sullivan rule to get in the tournament so it'll be tough.

Comment

I went as an objective fan to last years final which Somerville lost in pk's to Springfield. I'm not sure if Springfield got 1 shot on net during regular time. Somerville was very dominant in every aspect. And it wasn't some elaborate defensive plan by Springfield that prevented Somerville from scoring. Somerville had many very good chances but none went in as happens often in soccer. You can insert a cliche line about the better team winning but if the two teams played each other 10 times, Somerville wins at least 7 out of 10. Springfield would've maybe scored 3 goals over 10 games.

Comment

From the north the Prep should be the favorite. They return a good amount of starters from last years North finals appearance. A dark horse in the north though could be Malden. They went to the North semis last year and return a bunch of talented players. After that, should be wide open.
                          Malden had a black kid that was very good last year. Is he back? (or do you know where he is playing?)

Comment

I went as an objective fan to last years final which Somerville lost in pk's to Springfield. I'm not sure if Springfield got 1 shot on net during regular time. Somerville was very dominant in every aspect. And it wasn't some elaborate defensive plan by Springfield that prevented Somerville from scoring. Somerville had many very good chances but none went in as happens often in soccer. You can insert a cliche line about the better team winning but if the two teams played each other 10 times, Somerville wins at least 7 out of 10. Springfield would've maybe scored 3 goals over 10 games.
                            Not to mention that SL would have destroyed Springfield.

Comment

I think he's one of the only players that graduated. Not sure where he's going to school though. I remember them having a few standouts last year that are returning to the GBL this year. My question is what is going to happen to the GBL after this year? Only four teams left now that Cambridge left. Will they be joining another conference or adding teams to there's?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X