X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls DA/ ECNL

OK so lots of rumors far and wide.

If your club was granted Girls Development Academy status and currently has an ECNL program, are they continuing to do both??

I've heard rumors that the DA will not allow clubs to hold ECNL teams (or vice versa) and I'm not sure what to do as far as my rising U13 daughter.

Do you stay at a club with a DA and no program for U13 or do you search out ECNL and stay that route until DA (if that's the direction you want to go?)

My main concern is what will happen to U13s moving forward if club has DA. Any knowledge on this topic?? Asked the coach they stated they have no clue what is going on.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK so lots of rumors far and wide.

If your club was granted Girls Development Academy status and currently has an ECNL program, are they continuing to do both??

I've heard rumors that the DA will not allow clubs to hold ECNL teams (or vice versa) and I'm not sure what to do as far as my rising U13 daughter.

Do you stay at a club with a DA and no program for U13 or do you search out ECNL and stay that route until DA (if that's the direction you want to go?)

My main concern is what will happen to U13s moving forward if club has DA. Any knowledge on this topic?? Asked the coach they stated they have no clue what is going on.
    Girls DA is going to be the top league in the country and the plan is to recruit most of the players from this league for NT's. People are going to spin it ten different ways, but that is going to be the reality of the situation. Big power struggle going on with US Soccer. Only going to be one winner.

Comment

Girls DA is going to be the top league in the country and the plan is to recruit most of the players from this league for NT's. People are going to spin it ten different ways, but that is going to be the reality of the situation. Big power struggle going on with US Soccer. Only going to be one winner.
      Or both leagues end up wallowing in mediocrity which is more likely. So few players are nt caliber or even top D1 which means it isn't necessarily the best place for everyone. To the op I'd give it some time to sort itself out. She's still young and things change a great deal at that age. Just make sure she's getting the best training and being challenged.

Comment

What will happen to pre-ecnl then if club has DA?
        Not interested in what doesn't apply to U13s, just curious to know what WILL happen.
        Will club call it Pre-DA?

Right now U13 is Pre-ECNL and they play in that league. IF club cannot do both, what will the U13s play?

Comment

How much are breakers paying you for the marketing ?

Comment

There has yet to be a winner, what makes you think there will be one here?

Comment

GDA1 and GDA2 teams

Pure money grab on hope. In socal there will be at least 9 out of the 14 GDA that
              will support a GDA2 league with the "hope" that the girls will be able to sub or to move into
              GDA1 team. GDA2 girls playing other GDA2 teams. So f*cked up. Just to crush ECNL into the ground. So, A and B teams for GDA @ U14 and U15. GDA2 girls can play HS soccer and
              do outside tourneys. So multi-levels of dilution: ECNL, GDA1, GDA2 and other levels of soccer.
              Go USA!

Comment

Pure money grab on hope. In socal there will be at least 9 out of the 14 GDA that
                will support a GDA2 league with the "hope" that the girls will be able to sub or to move into
                GDA1 team. GDA2 girls playing other GDA2 teams. So f*cked up. Just to crush ECNL into the ground. So, A and B teams for GDA @ U14 and U15. GDA2 girls can play HS soccer and
                do outside tourneys. So multi-levels of dilution: ECNL, GDA1, GDA2 and other levels of soccer.
                Go USA!
                W. T. F. ??? All out war.

I guess that explains the ecnl stance with breakers of you can't do both. It will be interesting what the clubs that recommitted to ecnl like the stars and pda do.

Comment

Only winner will be USSF and even then it will be part fantasy. The losers are the clubs and players who will be handicapped by the battle for supposed supremacy. But USSF doesn't care.

Comment

Only winner will be USSF and even then it will be part fantasy. The losers are the clubs and players who will be handicapped by the battle for supposed supremacy. But USSF doesn't care.
                    I get what you're saying, but let's be honest, ECNL has turned into this awful monster and while the intent might have been good, it was a cash grab for these clubs. There's very little development going on at a lot of ECNL clubs and the higher ups who were controlling the league got way too greedy and lost sight of what's really important....developing high level soccer players. I'm not sure if GDAP will work, but it will be significantly better monitored than ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      I get what you're saying, but let's be honest, ECNL has turned into this awful monster and while the intent might have been good, it was a cash grab for these clubs. There's very little development going on at a lot of ECNL clubs and the higher ups who were controlling the league got way too greedy and lost sight of what's really important....developing high level soccer players. I'm not sure if GDAP will work, but it will be significantly better monitored than ECNL.
                      I don't understand. So far, the competition in ecnl has been better than npl.

Comment

We are on an ecnl club--high school age. There is virtually no team or tactical development. I am sure we are not the only club. I have said this maybe three times in different threads in the last year, and each time, "I call bullsh** is a common answer--and it's not. In fact, haven't seen a whiff of simple tactical training at the highest level in three different top Mass clubs. Girls do technical work and are thrown out there on game day.

One honest answer I got seemed to be from a coach somewhere, who said "most players won't need to know this." I had mentioned sideways on, third man run, how to arrive in the box. The 'elite' nearing-adult age player doesn't need to know this. Wow.

Comment

DA is governed by the main power: USSF. Finally they are putting things in order. US Club and USYS have been fighting for so long and it is over.

Comment

Go USA!
                            So you are saying that finally this country is doing what others have been doing? Great. Let it be D1 and D2 with promotion and relegation with one main government body controlling.

Comment

In all sincerity, I really don't understand the money grab comment. Ecnl teams fees are slightly higher, but not by much. Where are they getting the cash from? Serious question.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X