Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    True - it's summer league who knows if they are any better. Summer league is a bit bizzare. But they did beat Cumberland who was only missing JR and they really knocked around Smithfield badly. They are benefiting from having such a small roster during the summer. Only 14 girls who all can play so no real drop off like other teams have. Interesting that they are doing this with all sophomores and freshmen basically, only one Junior and a few seniors. Maybe get to the playoffs this year, but a lot to look forward to in 2017/2018.
    Why is it that some schools play in a summer league while others do not? I would seem to think it would be beneficial. Are only returning players eligible to play in the summer league?

Comment

Why is it that some schools play in a summer league while others do not? I would seem to think it would be beneficial. Are only returning players eligible to play in the summer league?
      I think it's up to each individual program whether they participate or not, and who plays. Our team was full of rising Freshmen.

Comment

terrible soccer during the summer, scores are really high, field sites are lousy. Anyone in high school this fall is eligible, so last year's eighth graders can play. Last year's seniors can not. It is beneficial for girls bonding, not sure how much they get from the actual games.

Comment

terrible soccer during the summer, scores are really high, field sites are lousy. Anyone in high school this fall is eligible, so last year's eighth graders can play. Last year's seniors can not. It is beneficial for girls bonding, not sure how much they get from the actual games.
          I don't know where you are playing, but most of our games have been at Deerfield Park, and their fields are impeccable.

Comment

True - it's summer league who knows if they are any better. Summer league is a bit bizzare. But they did beat Cumberland who was only missing JR and they really knocked around Smithfield badly. They are benefiting from having such a small roster during the summer. Only 14 girls who all can play so no real drop off like other teams have. Interesting that they are doing this with all sophomores and freshmen basically, only one Junior and a few seniors. Maybe get to the playoffs this year, but a lot to look forward to in 2017/2018.
            Don't get too excited, they were most likely missing players other than their forward. I don't think Lincoln has any shot of being more than .400 in season.

Comment

Don't sell summer league short. It holds a lot of value for those who take advantage of it. For players who don't play spring club or town soccer, it's 7 games to prepare for the HS season. Deerfield Park's grass fields are perfect. Smart varsity coaches coach their teams in the summer league to prepare for the HS season. I bet half the coaches who complain about the Lasalle summer camps don't make the effort to coach their team in the summer league.

Comment

Coach will screw it up again.

Comment

Don't get too excited, they were most likely missing players other than their forward. I don't think Lincoln has any shot of being more than .400 in season.
                  Summer league championship games tonight at Deerfield Park.

Comment

Ill make sure to NOT be there. Low quality

Comment

Ill make sure to NOT be there. Low quality
                      Nobody missed you.

Comment

How were the Rec soccer summer championships

Comment

How were the Rec soccer summer championships
                          Portsmouth beat Lincoln in girls final. Don't know what happened with the boys.

Comment

2016 Girls High School Soccer

On a positive note (for this page) Listening to the the girls who play Premier with and against my daughter. They are all excited to get this week underway and enjoy their Senior year. Good luck to all of you and enjoy!

Comment

On a positive note (for this page) Listening to the the girls who play Premier with and against my daughter. They are all excited to get this week underway and enjoy their Senior year. Good luck to all of you and enjoy!
                              Easy now, let's not ruin things on TS by being mature and reasonable. Let's not set that precedent.

Comment

Final Four

Final four
                                Portsmouth - Champions
                                Lasalle - Runner -up
                                Mt Hope
                                Cumberland

Knocking on door
                                NK, Smithfield, EG, Lincoln

Best of rest
                                SK, Tollgate

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X