10. Toll Gate
          11. Coventry
          12. Barrington
          13. Cranston West
          14. Pilgrim
          15. Lincoln
          16. Bay View
          17. Prout
          If MKM is back - Portsmouth is your preseason #1 pick until a team can prove they can prevent her from scoring. Cumberland lost like 8 starters, might be a bit high at #3. Lincoln, Bayview and Prout are not good, but I'm not giving anything to Toll Gate, Coventry and Pilgrim just yet. Lincoln came to D1 with good expectations and how did that work out for them. Speaking of Lincoln, maybe a bit higher because they had to deal with Lasalle, Smithfield and Cumberland twice last year. They will benefit from no divisions this season.

Comment

MKM should be out for first eight games due to RIIL transfer rule.

Whether she is or not and whether she is stopped or not will come down whether high school coaches decide in advance to try to take her away by 1) deny her the ball with an athletic player, 2) bracket her front and back, and 3) force her away from middle areas. I have seen MKM play for almost five years now and she is a good kid and excellent player. But I'd like to see her play when a coach actually coaches against her. I have seen too many times coaches put zero ideas to try to take her away and she then years it up. Kudos to her for doing it and shame on all the over rated coaches for not coming in with a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              MKM should be out for first eight games due to RIIL transfer rule.

Whether she is or not and whether she is stopped or not will come down whether high school coaches decide in advance to try to take her away by 1) deny her the ball with an athletic player, 2) bracket her front and back, and 3) force her away from middle areas. I have seen MKM play for almost five years now and she is a good kid and excellent player. But I'd like to see her play when a coach actually coaches against her. I have seen too many times coaches put zero ideas to try to take her away and she then years it up. Kudos to her for doing it and shame on all the over rated coaches for not coming in with a plan.
              Portsmouth made semi's without MKM last year, and this year she will return at the end of the season to help for the playoff run. They will be tough to beat. And I have watched MKM play (from afar... Kid also plays for NEFC in younger age) in National Final games against the top teams in the country and they have a plan and the talent to throw at her, and she still has scored. Doubtful our RI high school history teachers... Er I mean coaches .... Are going to do any better than they have. Which is not very good at all. I fully expect Portsmouth to finish in the top 1 or 2 and our high school to lose to them again. It's still fun to watch.

Comment

This is a stupid conversation. LSA is going to kill everyone and go undefeated and win states again. Nobody else is even close.

Comment

LSA was very lucky to win last year even though they had and still have more talent than all the other teams combined. They had a very weak goalkeeper but their defense barely gave up any shots so it didn't matter.

Pretty sad that they get to draw players from all around the state and MA and still play in RIIL. Not really fair but I'm sure there is someone who can spin this. I'd say let LSA play in the New England private school league where they belong. Same for all private schools...

LSA
                  Portsmouth
                  Mt. Hope
                  Smithfield
                  NK
                  Cumberland
                  EG
                  CW
                  SK
                  Barrington
                  Toll Gate
                  Coventry
                  Lincoln
                  Prout
                  Pilgrim
                  Bay View
                  EWG

Comment

On to HS season

Comment

LSA was very lucky to win last year even though they had and still have more talent than all the other teams combined. They had a very weak goalkeeper but their defense barely gave up any shots so it didn't matter.

Pretty sad that they get to draw players from all around the state and MA and still play in RIIL. Not really fair but I'm sure there is someone who can spin this. I'd say let LSA play in the New England private school league where they belong. Same for all private schools...

LSA
                      Portsmouth
                      Mt. Hope
                      Smithfield
                      NK
                      Cumberland
                      EG
                      CW
                      SK
                      Barrington
                      Toll Gate
                      Coventry
                      Lincoln
                      Prout
                      Pilgrim
                      Bay View
                      EWG
                      Lol..riil should come up with same solution they did with football and hockey...d1 finals is the ri champ and the semi-final losers play for the "d1" title....although lsa coaching is going to show more as talent keeps regressing to the mean..practice those pks

Comment

Lol..riil should come up with same solution they did with football and hockey...d1 finals is the ri champ and the semi-final losers play for the "d1" title....although lsa coaching is going to show more as talent keeps regressing to the mean..practice those pks
                        Why does Lasalle want any part of RIIL?

Comment

No competition. weak league.

Comment

Really..lets see..RI is losing population..at least among middle to upper class families..only gaining in demographics that need financial aid..as your religious households also fall and losing youth share to charter schools..so...

You can go be mediocre among the group of more elite, mainly ma/ct schools which has no appeal except to people who wont expand the diocese school funds..or

You can beat up the publics between you and BH (on the boys side) and throw the other Catholics in a couple of sports and now you appeal to those families ..you know the ones who throw thousands to get their kids into elite youth sports..they want a state championship..even it is gained through unfair advantages..nobody writes news stories about finishing in the middle of some private school league that 90% of people never heard of anyway..

Comment

Really..lets see..RI is losing population..at least among middle to upper class families..only gaining in demographics that need financial aid..as your religious households also fall and losing youth share to charter schools..so...

You can go be mediocre among the group of more elite, mainly ma/ct schools which has no appeal except to people who wont expand the diocese school funds..or

You can beat up the publics between you and BH (on the boys side) and throw the other Catholics in a couple of sports and now you appeal to those families ..you know the ones who throw thousands to get their kids into elite youth sports..they want a state championship..even it is gained through unfair advantages..nobody writes news stories about finishing in the middle of some private school league that 90% of people never heard of anyway..
                              Were you stoned when you wrote this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X