Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point but yes I agree. In addition, there's a ton more Div 1 women's programs, 100% a result of title 9. Is that fair? Absolutely not. Sure you can say that's the NCAA's fault and not the government. But it's still rooted from title 9 mandate. If the government thought it was important to pose a law to make equitable scholarships for men and women, surely the government is smart enough to make things equitable across sports. Otherwise, take away all government, rather than selective government. Right now, it discriminates against male non football athletes, and that's a problem.
    The NCAA discriminates, Title IX doesn't. Fix the NCAA if you think you can.

Comment

Dude stop. You are talking to a brick wall.
      Yes. How many women's football scholarships are there? Is that fair?

Comment

Dude stop. You are talking to a brick wall.
        I suspect that if Title IX were interpreted to mean that each SPORT had to have the same opportunities for men and women; we'd see women's football suddenly become a thing, and scholarship opportunities for both men's and women's soccer would dry up.

Like it or not, men's college football (and basketball) is what sells tickes, gets TV contracts, and causes rich alumni to pull out their checkbooks. I wish college soccer were a) more popular, b) of higher quality, and c) followed the Laws of the Game instead of the silly NCAA "we know more about sports than those silly furriners" rulebook, but we are where we are.

Don't whine about men's college soccer not being a scholarship sport when professional opportunities for men greatly exceed those for women.

Comment

I suspect that if Title IX were interpreted to mean that each SPORT had to have the same opportunities for men and women; we'd see women's football suddenly become a thing, and scholarship opportunities for both men's and women's soccer would dry up.

Like it or not, men's college football (and basketball) is what sells tickes, gets TV contracts, and causes rich alumni to pull out their checkbooks. I wish college soccer were a) more popular, b) of higher quality, and c) followed the Laws of the Game instead of the silly NCAA "we know more about sports than those silly furriners" rulebook, but we are where we are.

Don't whine about men's college soccer not being a scholarship sport when professional opportunities for men greatly exceed those for women.
          The best men's soccer players aren't smart enough for College anyway. Not sure this is really an issue.

Comment

Yes. How many women's football scholarships are there? Is that fair?

Women could have all the scholarships for American Collegiate Football, they are eligible for each and every one offered across the nation..sadly for them they aren't good enough to be offered an athletic scholarship like 100 of millions of US citizens just like them.

Comment

If you are interested in a sports scholarship for your ds, then go for football, basketball or baseball. TS is full of folks saying soccer players are the best and most skilled athletes and that a top soccer player can easily switch. Or stick with soccer & get academic scholarship. Quit whining.

Comment

If GDA is close to free, would people be more interested?
                "What if" games are what children do. The reality is that GDA is not and will not be free. Guess what..... Travel is expensive. Especially when your daughter is not a starter.

Comment

"What if" games are what children do. The reality is that GDA is not and will not be free. Guess what..... Travel is expensive. Especially when your daughter is not a starter.
                  Children. Scientist. Entrepreneurs. Salesman.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X