Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are the 8th graders on these teams playing the fall? Kind of curious what the clubs plan is for them - do they just train until HS is over or are scrimmages set-up for them?
    Not just 8th graders - some are 7th graders, too, and they are not playing in league games this fall. Trainings, scrimmages, and tournaments (NWCL, Placer) will happen this fall until the ECNL league games start at the end of January. Totally ok with it.

Comment

That's what they did last year. NWCL and lots of training. League starts in January. Missing out on OYSA fall league actually helps their development.
      Not true. Why is your coach trying to recruit your kids spot away? You would think with all the bs you spew your players would be good but it looks lik ecnl and pre ecnl gets you 3rd best in oregon with your coach looking like a used car saleman

Comment

Not just 8th graders - some are 7th graders, too, and they are not playing in league games this fall. Trainings, scrimmages, and tournaments (NWCL, Placer) will happen this fall until the ECNL league games start at the end of January. Totally ok with it.
        Makes sense . . .interesting how different clubs/platforms are addressing 8th grade dynamics.

Comment

Makes sense . . .interesting how different clubs/platforms are addressing 8th grade dynamics.
          One would think that with the recruiting and brand power that FCP would have a "B" team that can compete at the Premier level in Oregon. Crossfire does. Why is their B team only in the 3rd division? I thought they were strong at developing girls. Not trolling FCP, just wondering...

Comment

One would think that with the recruiting and brand power that FCP would have a "B" team that can compete at the Premier level in Oregon. Crossfire does. Why is their B team only in the 3rd division? I thought they were strong at developing girls. Not trolling FCP, just wondering...
            Honestly I wonder why FCP and Crossfire bother to play their HS B/C teams in OYSA. They seem to get nothing but flack for it one way or another (if they lose, folks rub it in their face, if they win it is because ECNL players are playing).

It is part of the trade off I guess of being part of ECNL clubs (everyone is gunning for you), just wonder what their B teams get from playing OYSA.

Comment

Honestly I wonder why FCP and Crossfire bother to play their HS B/C teams in OYSA. They seem to get nothing but flack for it one way or another (if they lose, folks rub it in their face, if they win it is because ECNL players are playing).

It is part of the trade off I guess of being part of ECNL clubs (everyone is gunning for you), just wonder what their B teams get from playing OYSA.
              This is the 03 thread, so its not HS players that are being discussed. So, why does CU have Premier level teams in OYSA and FCP doesn't. Its not about "gunning" for them. Just seems weird that a ECNL affiliated club has a B team that doesn't play at a higher level.

Comment

This is the 03 thread, so its not HS players that are being discussed. So, why does CU have Premier level teams in OYSA and FCP doesn't. Its not about "gunning" for them. Just seems weird that a ECNL affiliated club has a B team that doesn't play at a higher level.
                My bad - calendar year change and ECNL's response to it were confusing me (didn't realize older 7th graders are theoretically playing ECNL this year).

Don't know the answer to your question.

Comment

My bad - calendar year change and ECNL's response to it were confusing me (didn't realize older 7th graders are theoretically playing ECNL this year).

Don't know the answer to your question.
                  Not sure what that was about. All it accomplished was to pull the trigger on the gutting of a couple of solid OYSA teams. They are going to be challenged to even find teams in their age group to play against in the ECNL.

Comment

Not sure what that was about. All it accomplished was to pull the trigger on the gutting of a couple of solid OYSA teams. They are going to be challenged to even find teams in their age group to play against in the ECNL.
                    How so? Every club in the ECNL has 03 teams.

Comment

How so? Every club in the ECNL has 03 teams.
                      Since ECNL games don't start until later, why aren't the Oregon 2003 ECNL teams (made up of 7th & 8th graders) playing in Oysa for fall?

Comment

Since ECNL games don't start until later, why aren't the Oregon 2003 ECNL teams (made up of 7th & 8th graders) playing in Oysa for fall?
                        I agree. That would be fantastic. My DD's team is going to miss playing against that group of girls. There were several great rivalries with teams that were gutted by the ECNL move.

Comment

I agree. That would be fantastic. My DD's team is going to miss playing against that group of girls. There were several great rivalries with teams that were gutted by the ECNL move.
                          From a planning perspective, they are outside of the Timbers league orbit once ECNL kicks in and it is a headache to back and forth from Timbers world to ECNL (that is not really a slight against Timbers, just dealing with differing player cards, calendars, rules becomes a headache).

You are probably right that this is a way for them to play OYSA in fall, but in some ways easier to do NWCL, some friendlies, and train, train, train than dealing with extra headaches of Timbers league.

Comment

From a planning perspective, they are outside of the Timbers league orbit once ECNL kicks in and it is a headache to back and forth from Timbers world to ECNL (that is not really a slight against Timbers, just dealing with differing player cards, calendars, rules becomes a headache).

You are probably right that this is a way for them to play OYSA in fall, but in some ways easier to do NWCL, some friendlies, and train, train, train than dealing with extra headaches of Timbers league.
                            Really, extra headache? Its a different set of cards (oh such a hastle). Most travel teams carry both cards. Rules vary from tournament to tournament and league to league, thats soccer. Its really no big deal.

Comment

Slightly different take - don't want to send 1 single unnecessary $ to the Timbers if it can be helped. There are good teams in the OYSA league and look forward to playing them in other venues, but in an ideal world our entire club was outside the Timbers league and glad our 03 girls are.

Comment

Really, extra headache? Its a different set of cards (oh such a hastle). Most travel teams carry both cards. Rules vary from tournament to tournament and league to league, thats soccer. Its really no big deal.
                                Most of the ECNL coaches have multiple coaching jobs so that extra work would not be welcome. I can see where it would be an issue. Also, (correct me if I am wrong), the fall league teams have to provide fields for the games and the ECNL teams don't really have fields they can call their "own" like most of the clubs.. From my vantage point, I can see where it would be a problem.

That being said, I would love to see the ECNL teams play in the local league in the fall. Same with the upcoming DA teams. I think all players would benefit from that level of play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X