Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you're not going to even read the syllabus, then how are you qualified to judge it? I've read it. It looks good. In fact, I'm not sure what they could improve. Of course great players can come from other programs. That doesn't mean this program isn't one of the best. Instead of complaining about what's available, do some research and offer suggestions. Or, continue to be uninformed and complain about everything.
    My only potential concern with the club U12 DAs would be if it became required to be considered for the Timbers DA; my longstanding complaint with the youth soccer apparatus is that it acts like it wants to identify the talent pool at 12, and if you're not one of the chosen then, forget it.

Comment

Just another opinion. What makes you so highly qualified that you are sure the USSDA program is the only best way to develop players?
      For starters I actually read it, so I can speak to what's in it. Also, I said it looks like one of the best, not the 'only best'. There are a number of ways a great player can be developed. This just appears to be one of them.

Comment

My only potential concern with the club U12 DAs would be if it became required to be considered for the Timbers DA; my longstanding complaint with the youth soccer apparatus is that it acts like it wants to identify the talent pool at 12, and if you're not one of the chosen then, forget it.
        I think you could say that about every sport available to kids today. My biggest complaint is the winning is everything philosophy, and too many games to practice ratio. The '04 DA at least addresses that with its structure. It's a pretty good model for teams at all ages to aspire to.

Comment

I think you could say that about every sport available to kids today. My biggest complaint is the winning is everything philosophy, and too many games to practice ratio. The '04 DA at least addresses that with its structure. It's a pretty good model for teams at all ages to aspire to.
          Agreed. Wish they would offer this model to all age groups not just 14 2004 boys at six clubs.

Comment

If you're not going to even read the syllabus, then how are you qualified to judge it? I've read it. It looks good. In fact, I'm not sure what they could improve. Of course great players can come from other programs. That doesn't mean this program isn't one of the best. Instead of complaining about what's available, do some research and offer suggestions. Or, continue to be uninformed and complain about everything.
            But a syllabus is pointless if you don't have the coaching staff good enough to follow it!

Comment

Has this program been valuable? 4 days a week of practice seems like a lot, are the kids enjoying it and have you seen any real development above what they would have been getting from your club on a typical U13 team?
              4 days a week has always been better. i don't work with this team because i have a c license, and you need at least a b, but anytime my team has not been in the top half of the table we switched to 4 trainings a week and turned that right around. I haven't finished lower than 2nd. they love it, they feel like they're getting more for less (they are, i get about $3 an hour when you do the math) and yes, they develop more quickly than an average u13.

they also learn to become more serious/focused about training.

Comment

the only way to make sure you're not overlooked is to be THE BEST PLAYER OUT THERE. not in the top 11 or the top 18, THE BEST. otherwise, it's not the coaches fault if they miss you. they already got players they know who can be mediocre. they don't need any more of those.

So, if you want to make the team and your not in the DA be THE BEST. period.

(i know this from experience having been the 2nd best player at my high school, good enough to make the state select team, remember when they used to call them that, and good enough to get pro tryouts in other countries before mls. but since you've never heard of me, i obviously wasn't THE BEST.)

Comment

math, plus links (warning totally reputable links, so be afraid)

Why are 2004s considered u12 at DA and u13 everywhere else?
                  2016-2004 = 12. U12 has always been 12 and Under so... seems like it fits right in. Also, because "that's how the rest of the world does it".

And there's this handy chart. it's based on when the season ends
                  http://www.soccerwire.com/wp-content...chart-Dure.png

Plus, as an example, for the 2015 U17 WC, you must have been born in 1998 or later. 2015-1998 = 17. here's a link to there rule book for that year. section 14.2 http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...en_neutral.pdf

I think people just took the UNDER part too literally(?)

Comment

2016-2004 = 12. U12 has always been 12 and Under so... seems like it fits right in. Also, because "that's how the rest of the world does it".

And there's this handy chart. it's based on when the season ends
                    http://www.soccerwire.com/wp-content...chart-Dure.png

Plus, as an example, for the 2015 U17 WC, you must have been born in 1998 or later. 2015-1998 = 17. here's a link to there rule book for that year. section 14.2 http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...en_neutral.pdf

I think people just took the UNDER part too literally(?)
                    I thought the whole point of the birth year change was to make us the same as the rest of the world. Why aren't we even the same as our own DA? 2004 is u12 in DA and u13 everywhere else?

Comment

I thought the whole point of the birth year change was to make us the same as the rest of the world. Why aren't we even the same as our own DA? 2004 is u12 in DA and u13 everywhere else?
                      i'm not sure if you read that right, or if i'm not reading yours right. but Under 13 means you are not thirteen yet, right? which means you are 12 or younger?? so...

i have no idea why they named them incorrectly, but if that is causing this grand confusion that people wrote about last year and the year before that, i'm worried about more than futbol development. my guess is that since state cup is next year, when 2017-2004 = 13, then maybe that's why in OYSA the group is called U13. but again, i'm not at that level.

really though you just say, "when were you born? ok, 2004s are over there. have fun, be champions."

Comment

really though you just say, "when were you born? ok, 2004s are over there. have fun, be champions."
                        and then for those 2005s or 2006s who are the best on their team, you say "why don't you go over and play with the 04s? take chances, have fun."

Comment

2004 boys

You need qualified coaches to play DA and ADF do not have that. The top coach at ADF has a driver's license and that is it.
                          same with PCU. Additionally, the head coach is a parent of one of the players

Comment

same with PCU. Additionally, the head coach is a parent of one of the players
                            agreed. The outlying coaching from the DA have good teams but they are falling behind.

At ADF you will get some quality isolated technical work but nothing that truly works on the cognitive part of the game and how it should be played. These kids will dribble into pressure consistently.

At PCU you get blue collar work horse kids with a few really technical players that are getting most of their work through Rose City. Although the dad coaching is a nice dude he simply isn't doing enough for these boys and that is a failure by the director of PCU because there is some potential there.

Westside - another very athletic team filled with individuals. Some even have the typical Westside attitude that the DA coaches are beginning to nix from their lists. Westside, for some dumb reason, did not put their top players in the DA, thus, failing the players that are playing in the OYSA league.

I watched the PCU vs Westside game. It was TERRIBLE! neither team could keep the ball. There were at least 40 Gk punts between them and they couldn't even use the entire pitch. It showed me that these kids playing in the '04 OYSA are not ready for 11v11 and the DOC at Westside should be hammered on for failing the '04 age group.

Comment

Boys 2004

yes, PCU dad coach is a nice dude, but he only coaches his son. The rest of the kids relay on the practices from RCF , RTC or former clubs. SAD

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X