Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys 2004

Are there any teams outside of the academy league can hang with the elite DA club teams?

ADF04 and PCU04 Red both are teams that can play at the DA level in OR (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They do have the players but they don't believe in the philosophy of the USSDA.
      These two teams will log over 100 games between them this season. That is so bad for development. Those coaches are about the competition not about long term development.

Comment

I agree with your first statement ADF is really strong from top to bottom and has a couple of the best players that transferred from each crossfire and westside this year and PCU has some of the best players that transferred from Eastside Timbers and NEU so both have teams have gotten much stronger due to the DA. The 100 games in a year figure is overstated. If you account for Fall and Spring league and then summer tournaments along with NWCL and FWCL and State Cup then you are at the most 75 games and this is still probably more then is actually played due to results and cancellations that occur. I do agree 75 games is still a pretty high game count. I really don't understand the motivation behind these clubs (ADF/PCU) not being involved in the DA league as both 04 teams have players that have played at the highest level possible in OR. I don't know all the details about the requirements for clubs to join the DA so I'm sure there is more to it than I am privy to. All I know is both teams have lineups that have played on clubs that have participated in and have been at the top of the timbers leagues that the all DA players also played in and therefore both teams are fielding "DA" level teams.

Comment

I agree with your first statement ADF is really strong from top to bottom and has a couple of the best players that transferred from each crossfire and westside this year and PCU has some of the best players that transferred from Eastside Timbers and NEU so both have teams have gotten much stronger due to the DA. The 100 games in a year figure is overstated. If you account for Fall and Spring league and then summer tournaments along with NWCL and FWCL and State Cup then you are at the most 75 games and this is still probably more then is actually played due to results and cancellations that occur. I do agree 75 games is still a pretty high game count. I really don't understand the motivation behind these clubs (ADF/PCU) not being involved in the DA league as both 04 teams have players that have played at the highest level possible in OR. I don't know all the details about the requirements for clubs to join the DA so I'm sure there is more to it than I am privy to. All I know is both teams have lineups that have played on clubs that have participated in and have been at the top of the timbers leagues that the all DA players also played in and therefore both teams are fielding "DA" level teams.
          ADF wouldn't qualify to be a DA club. DOC needs to have an A license...you need coaches, medical staff, facilities and curriculum that you turn in weekly. ADF is just not set up to do those things. Not sure about PCU staff but I'm sure they are not qualified to be DA coaches

Comment

Thank you for the information on the DA. It would appear the club infrastructure/coaching certification is probably the main reason these clubs are not participating in the DA league.

My understanding from the US soccer website is the DA model is 3/4 practices per week with approximately 30 9v9 games per year? Is this correct? How do your kids like this model?

Comment

Thank you for the information on the DA. It would appear the club infrastructure/coaching certification is probably the main reason these clubs are not participating in the DA league.

My understanding from the US soccer website is the DA model is 3/4 practices per week with approximately 30 9v9 games per year? Is this correct? How do your kids like this model?
              So far they love it. What's really nice is that families get their lives back. Having only 26-32 games means you don't dedicate full weekends to soccer. One game a weekend makes it nice. My DD's team plays Futsal one of those four days a week. They do Jujitsu twice a month and plan on playing handball, basketball and badminton this winter.
              My DD is getting a variety of stuff that helps build his core while having fun. His team plays the game like it's supposed to be played. Parents are chill because there are no league standings. It's a model that OYSA should adopt

Comment

It's the same as the ECNL model and that league is the #1 league in the nation. Every top girl wants to play ECNL.

Comment

So far they love it. What's really nice is that families get their lives back. Having only 26-32 games means you don't dedicate full weekends to soccer. One game a weekend makes it nice. My DD's team plays Futsal one of those four days a week. They do Jujitsu twice a month and plan on playing handball, basketball and badminton this winter.
                  My DD is getting a variety of stuff that helps build his core while having fun. His team plays the game like it's supposed to be played. Parents are chill because there are no league standings. It's a model that OYSA should adopt
                  OYSA can't adopt anything. Timbers took control of OYSA and have final say on any decisions. They make decisions to maximize profit. Profit only. They get their players from elsewhere, we just pay for them.

Comment

It's the same as the ECNL model and that league is the #1 league in the nation. Every top girl wants to play ECNL.
                    This may be true but it does not mean OR soccer is qualified to play in ECNL.

Comment

You need qualified coaches to play DA and ADF do not have that. The top coach at ADF has a driver's license and that is it.

Comment

What clubs have DA in Oregon? FC, WT and who else?

Comment

West sides doesn't count. They are not committed to what the DA truly is.

Comment

BSC has DA

Comment

CFC, BSC, FC, ET, WT, Crossfire, WashT,

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X