Will thorns play on age level in OYSA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the gda will be Westside thorns copa? That's too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So the gda will be Westside thorns copa? That's too bad.
      Westside? Says a lot about the value.

Comment

I don't profess to know why they sandbagged playing on age in the Beaverton Cup. But I highly doubt they would play on age in OYSA. If they did there is nothing but downside for them.
        Really none of your business.

Comment

Really none of your business.
          I respectfully disagree. Thorns academy took players from all the TA clubs in the state. They told those families and posted on their website that they were the "next step" in the "path to the pros." At their preview nights Eric stood there and told families they would do a college showcase tournament summer of 2016. People believed, quit their other clubs, signed up, and paid. Their college showcase tournament turned out to be Beaverton. They deserve to know what is going on and why.

In addition, those of us who were smart enough not to fool for it stayed at clubs who Thorns academy is now identifying as "lesser." This directly affects our girls' ability to be recruited and if your response is there are no elite level players left at TA clubs you are an idiot. Thorns academy's false advertising is hurting the future of girls who were smart enough not to drink the kool aid. In a year or two it won't matter because thorns will fail and everyone will know better than to listen to their lies. But for the girls directly in the midst of recruiting (current 8th and 9th graders this year and next), these lies are damaging and when they are proven to be lies, we have every right to ask why and demand honest answers. Of course it's the OYSA/ODP/thorns cabal so we won't get honest answers...but we have every right to ask.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. Thorns academy took players from all the TA clubs in the state. They told those families and posted on their website that they were the "next step" in the "path to the pros." At their preview nights Eric stood there and told families they would do a college showcase tournament summer of 2016. People believed, quit their other clubs, signed up, and paid. Their college showcase tournament turned out to be Beaverton. They deserve to know what is going on and why.

In addition, those of us who were smart enough not to fool for it stayed at clubs who Thorns academy is now identifying as "lesser." This directly affects our girls' ability to be recruited and if your response is there are no elite level players left at TA clubs you are an idiot. Thorns academy's false advertising is hurting the future of girls who were smart enough not to drink the kool aid. In a year or two it won't matter because thorns will fail and everyone will know better than to listen to their lies. But for the girls directly in the midst of recruiting (current 8th and 9th graders this year and next), these lies are damaging and when they are proven to be lies, we have every right to ask why and demand honest answers. Of course it's the OYSA/ODP/thorns cabal so we won't get honest answers...but we have every right to ask.
            I'm confused. If your daughter isn't playing for Thorns why do you care? Or are you saying she does play for Thorns and you want answers about why there was no college showcase?

Comment

I'm confused. If your daughter isn't playing for Thorns why do you care? Or are you saying she does play for Thorns and you want answers about why there was no college showcase?
              Try reading my post again.

Comment

On some fronts, OYSA is rightfully distancing themselves from the Timbers/Thorns. Don't know if it will happen on ODP anytime soon, but Timbers fatigue is real. In terms of the BS Thorns marketing . . . they got away with it in the short-term, unfortunately.

Comment

Try reading my post again.
                  Ah. I haven't seen Thorn parents complaining though. Only complainers are parents of TA teams these girls left behind or ECNL teams they chose not to join. Move on.

Comment

On some fronts, OYSA is rightfully distancing themselves from the Timbers/Thorns. Don't know if it will happen on ODP anytime soon, but Timbers fatigue is real. In terms of the BS Thorns marketing . . . they got away with it in the short-term, unfortunately.
                    The boys academy has been a disaster.

Comment

Old 13 Hours Ago
                      Unregistered

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Yes, because they've done such a bang up job with their current girls program?! So good in fact they had to claim Tualtin Sherwood to even have a program. Just keep dressing up the same old pigs.
                      Stop complaining. The schedule:

FWRL, which none of the games count.

OYSA, which none of the games count.

Beaverton cup silver division, which doesn't technically count.

I think westside timbers are the perfect team to train them.

Winning is key. Want kids to have fun. Who cares if games don't count.

Comment

Diapointong as it may be we should all still respect choices. None of this stuff really matters. Nobody is going to find much at an advantage at this point based on what team they are on. So be disappointed but still supportive. Nothing anyone can do at this point.
                        Yes. Let the kids have fun and enjoy the wins. You can't tell me your kid doesn't have fun winning. Who cares what level it's at.

Comment

Yes. Let the kids have fun and enjoy the wins. You can't tell me your kid doesn't have fun winning. Who cares what level it's at.
                          So let me make sure I understand:

Academy teams can't do high school because the quality of play is poor and interferes with their development.

Academy teams can sandbag in Beaverton and on age in OYSA because wins are fun and who cares what level it's at.

Makes sense.

Comment

The boys academy has been a disaster.
                            The boys academy has struggled but I wouldn't call it a total disaster.

Comment

They sandbagged in the beaver ton cup. Will they play up to U17 in OYSA? Or will they sandbag? Theoretically they took some of the better players from those OYSA teams so playing on age U16 would be sandbagging for easy wins.
                              Stop the bashing. The kids don't have any say in where they play. Parents don't get a say either. So don't bash kids or parents.

Comment

Stop the bashing. The kids don't have any say in where they play. Parents don't get a say either. So don't bash kids or parents.
                                Uh...yeah you had a say.

You could have stayed with your original club.
                                You could have joined ECNL in Oregon or Washington.
                                You could have played rec only.
                                You could have done some research and due diligence before burning your bridges with your old team and writing that check.
                                You could have asked thorns academy for a set schedule in writing as to what the plan was for the year (instead of listening to Eric's empty promises at tryout nights of a summer college showcase tournament).
                                When you realized you had been suckered and played a fool, you could have quit.

You own every one of those decisions and you deserve every word of derision and mocking you will receive this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X